A Deeply Troubled Church

(Ken Reetz) #42

Here is a good thought regarding this:
https://www.adventistreview.org/1901-22

(Maria V. Blair) #43

Perhaps the church is seeing the body of Christ in the premises offered by Matthew 18:19 " “And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.” The church is not only troubled but continues to contribute to the exodus of it’s members making no effort to grow spiritually. What exactly do you expect to happen with a group that continues to be exclusive, makes no attempt to change it’s position on equality of gender, and sees the Sabbath as the only way to salvation? How do you want the world to see SDAs as the body of Christ when they reject anyone from any religion who understands the same God differently than they do? My brother who is a Pastor was the first person who introduced me to the SDA church and who influenced my decision to become a SDA. My brother has made no attempt to find out why I left. I came to the conclusion that like him there are thousands in the church who either don’t care or don’t want to know the truth.

(Cfowler) #44

Yes to the above, particularly exclusivity and Sabbath as the main thing. These two items alone are unbiblical, and are reason enough to reject the whole thing.

This has been our experience as well. Nobody has even mentioned that we were missed, much less why.

:roll_eyes: :thinking: :confused:

(Patrick Travis) #45

I believe personally that civil laws should allow for abortion in the case of rape or incest or definite acutely severe medical danger to the mother.
This most recent law allowing abortion to term generally, as I understand it, is obscene and evil.
I am open to being educated regarding the details.

Considering the literal crying from an editor of this publication over planned parenthood’s future right after the last presidential election one wonders where they stand on the latest infanticide issue…
https://conversation.spectrummagazine.org/t/editorial-the-desolation-of-the-american-church-come-out-of-babylon/12374

(Michael Wortman) #47

S[quote=“Paul62, post:46, topic:17796”]
Considering the literal crying from an editor of this publication over planned parenthood’s future right after the last presidential election one wonders where they stand on the latest infanticide issue…
https://conversation.spectrummagazine.org/t/editorial-the-desolation-of-the-american-church-come-out-of-babylon/12374
[/quote]

With respect, Paul, the word you may have been looking for is not infanticide, which means the killing of a born child up to one years of age. Did you mean to write feticide? Words and their meanings matter, especially when discussing topics with individuals who have strongly held beliefs.

(reliquum) #48

yes, very much so, especially if we narrow the subset of members to “leaders”. We have become “respecters of persons (of the correct gender)” and in our leaders love of power, disrespecting persons of the “wrong” gender is lauded. Many non-leader members then bow down to the one who coercively demands devotion.

And yet, there remains a remnant, even within, that is devoted to the greater principles of the spirit, and utterly reject the letter.

Morality is knowing and doing what is right

• no matter what.
    Dogma is being told what is right
    without regard to knowing.
    Religion is doing what your dogma tells you is right
  • NO MATTER WHAT.
    Spirituality is wisdom;
    she knows the difference.

Infanticide is exactly what I mean as it has been discussed in the news recently?

*Kathy Tran (D) proposes bill to allow full-term abortions
*Video goes viral, outrage ensues
*Ralph Northam (D) defends Tran, goes further, endorses infanticide
*Northam doubles down after outrage
*Northam KKK/blackface photo emerges
*Tran calls for Northam to resign

(Steve Mga) #50

Infanticide –
Even after birth, at least in one state, the baby can be “aborted” during the birth process.
And even after that, while it is under the warming lights, the Doctor and Parents [mother]
can decide if it is to live or die.

While on the other end of the spectrum, premature of 3,4,5 pounds are spent at lot of time
and money to keep them alive so they can grow up heathy, happy, productive adults.

Another abortion part of recent laws does NOT require a physician to do the abortion procedure.

(Patrick Travis) #51

My understanding also is that they removes civil penalties so that the provider has no civil liabilities. It is now labeled under “Health Laws.”

Yes so to my point about planned parenthood, they hope it goes there nation wide.

Well well well F7 just banned me without reason/warning.

(Cfowler) #54

What was your last post about that got you banned?

Nothing over there surprises me.

(Patrick Travis) #55

Plead ignorance, what is F7

I was just pointing out the ineptness of their club having an overview of their abortion policy last Sat. at LLU @Cassie mentioned yet totally dropping the ball with first posting a horribly bad quality video shutting off after 29 min. then it totally disappeared from their channel but all the others were perfect including some since. I called it deliberate. Hurt someones feelings I guess. So much for transparency. I wasn’t warned or given a reason. May have become tired of questions. Adventists are like that.

Fulcrum 7 is a “conservative” Adventist based publication. http://www.fulcrum7.com/

also snowflakes.

(Patrick Travis) #58

Thanks, Dont know about snowflakes but definitely at the margins.

Haha, my personal experience! To their credit, Spectrum will warn you and many times give the reason. That is fair. I got neither.

(Patrick Travis) #60

Just never heard of them or their entire thoughts. I find many groups have some things I may agree with.
I find few, if any in my opinion, everything.

(George Tichy) #61

So sorry for that. Without reason? Well well well… maybe you asked questions or used reason. Forbidden behavior. … LOL
I better don’t even login there anymore. I may be locked up just for visiting… :laughing:

But this way you will have more time to enrich our conversation here. :roll_eyes: