A Deeply Troubled Church

(George Tichy) #62

I guess people there are locked up for “eternity” and not only 1,000 years… Now we have a new club, “the eternals”… @elmer_cupino was the first one long time ago. Now @Paul62 . :innocent: … It must be their revenge since the “millennials” are all there…

(George Tichy) #63

It’a a cage loaded with snakes. All poisonous vipers.
Did I scare you enough?.. :innocent:

I just don’t understand the lack of dialogue via censorship and no explanation. No one should editorialize that way. Complete lack of integrity. AToday did similar as you recall. Never an explanation.

(reliquum) #65

Hoping the author of this piece meanders along. His article goes straight to the heart.
Thank you Jeremy!

I fear that the damning effects of a calcified accretion of testosterone denominationally condemns us to remain a self-hewn stagnant cistern, and not a gushing spring of living water. Pray for rain! Just a few more rain drops, the dam will wash out.

Evidently you didn’t get my point. See context using plobdell3 reply

(George Tichy) #67

Well, maybe it’s you then… :laughing::upside_down_face::innocent::innocent: (Not to be taken seriously, please…)

Look, this is why I like Spectrum. Unless one spreads falsehood on purpose, or attacks/disrespects other participants personally and intentionally, there is basically full freedom of speech. I also understand that there is also a “pre-millennial warning” before actually blocking someone.

And for everyone else…, there is always the bonus of being sent to enjoy the millennium in advance… Like Birder, Kevin Paulson, Jimmy, and a few more… All now enjoying the status of “millennials”… :wink: Fulcrum7 is a haven of rest for some of them, as you certainly saw there until you became “persona non grata” … :laughing:

(Elmer Cupino) #68

For an attorney and family therapist as owners of F7 and not able to engage in free-flowing conversation and dialogue says a lot.

(George Tichy) #69

:open_mouth: I knew about the attorney, but a family therapist?..
How do they get clients??? :roll_eyes: :thinking:

(reliquum) #70

…isn’t that Gerry’s wife?

These are tense times. Fates are in the balance. Much to lose and much to gain.

I hope the Adventist church pulls through this.

If they don’t humble themselves in sackcloth and ashes about the sanctity of Life, before God and before the world, I’m afraid it’s going to go very hard for them.

Prayers for healing this terrible breach in the social fabric of this Deeply Troubled Church.

Signing off.

(Thomas J Zwemer) #72

Church is a double edged sword. Luther gave us Righeousness by Faith but he also set the stage for Hitler.

(Johnny Carson) #73

Yup, it’s the old, “Everyone is contaminated except me and thee, and I’m not so sure about thee,” syndrome. As long as we can paint the other guy as contaminated we’re not required to look inward at our own contamination.

(Johnny Carson) #74

Yes, and no, this is not a requirement for salvation so why, exactly is it coming up?

(Johnny Carson) #75

For me, at best a marginal Adventist among marginal Adventists, Abortion is an issue but I’m not a one trick pony as much of evangelical christianity seems to be on this topic, the litmus test among all litmus tests.

Why? Because although I’m pro life I’m not blind to the greater issues that swirl around this issue which most people ignore, mostly out of convenience in my opinion. I’m not going to get into the nitty gritty of the discussion here, except to say that I’m male. It’s not my decision to make when it comes right down to it, and I won’t presume to enter into an unholy triad consisting of God, a pregnant child of God, and my interfering self. I prefer to enter into discussions on this topic face to face, friend to friend, breaking bread with our feet under the same table.

(Johnny Carson) #76

From among the F7 millennial faithful? Surely there’s an excellent market there, don’t you think? :open_mouth:

(George Tichy) #77

I actually don’t know those people, and honestly, I don’t want to learn more about them. The samples I have seen told me enough…

(Mad) #78

The bible could be read in context.

That would be one way to read the Bible.

Noting the author and who the author was writing to is a start.

And Is he giving instructions to you today?

God told man to build a boat, but his name had to be Noah.

But he is not telling man today to build a Boat.

rightly dividing the word of truth …

2Ti 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

(Mad) #79

Church, Luther is not our Source of Doctrine thankfully.

Are you a Protestant?

(Mad) #81

Hello Harrpa, I am a New Creature in Christ.

I am In Christ.

Neither Jew or Greek.

Gal 6:15

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.