A Theology of Work

The accumulation of symptoms became more and more alarming—severe headaches, nausea, weight loss, exhaustion, mood swings, diarrhea, rectal bleeding. They had developed over many months and were steadily increasing in severity. My family physician explored a variety of possibilities, sending me to get a range of tests and scans.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/11670
1 Like

Thank you, Kim for this excellent treatise on work/callings. A few years ago I read a book called “The Christian Employee” which helped me understand that everything I did at my job was the main avenue in my life for being a witness for Christ. We all have to work. We exchange our God-given time, talents, expertise out there in the world to make it a better place in Jesus’ name, and to earn our daily bread. As an operations manager, I solve problems and create orderly processes - hopefully to the glory of God, though God’s name is rarely mentioned during the 8 to 5. It’s still ministry.

2 Likes

Well said, Carolyn. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the article! I have always believed and felt that everyone is equally important in the working world. If everyone believed and practiced that idea, many of our social attitudes towards others would be different. I believe that was the attitude of Christ, last shall be first and first shall be last.

Thank-you, Kim. I’ve believed this for some time, but couldn’t have said it so eloquently.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.