A Tribute to Maestro Blomstedt—Monday Meditation

On July 11, Herbert Blomstedt, world-famous conductor and Adventist Church member, turned 95. In celebration of his career, the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra released a mini-documentary about him. According to the description:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/11930
1 Like

My wife and I subscribe to the Berlin Philharmonic and Medici TV and have access to their musical vaults. Like Zoom, I have control how to spend our sabbaths by listening to concerts when sermons become boring. My favorite of course is watching Herbert Blomstedt conduct Beethoven and/or Bach. I get more spiritual inspiration from his performances than listening to stale subjects such as LGT or the 1844 Investigative Judgement.

3 Likes

There is an interesting series of concerts by the NHK Symphony Orchestra on NHK World, a down-loadable Japanese TV station (through Roko.) Herbert Blomstadt, an honorary conductor laureate of the orchestra, conducts one concert in this series.

3 Likes

He is my favorite Conductor. He has something in his style that is profoundly humane. I used to play Cello, and even got some education in conducting when I was young, but that was of course many moons ago. However, I can appreciate his conducting very much - it’s delightful.
I also liked his presentation to the Faith & Reason SS at Sligo, on zoom, not long ago. It’s sad that he had that fall just at the time of his 95th.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.