ADCOM Votes Recommendation to Postpone GC Session

So sad, and yet so true.
:nauseated_face:

I don’t know what the legal status of fall council is.

I guess because those people are not Psychiatrists… :rofl… This will certainly be their excuse!!! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Those interim Councils and Executive Committee declarations
and Votes have been highly challenging.
Vote. And then later ignore the vote.
Some of the Voted on pieces have been quite Harsh and Inflammatory.
Causing Bristling and active Resistance.
Questioning the “Spirit” of those who brought the Items to be Voted upon.

Not to mention the “double-talk” of the item voted upon at SA2015.

There is enough apps/software out there that would allow for anonymous voting, if wanted, and thus possibly eliminate the face to face ‘hinderance’ of voting ones true preference. Maybe?

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree! Yes!
gcdelegatereduced

1 Like

american election _ will it still be on ?

i think the SDA WILL SURVIVE WITHOUT A GENERAL CONFERENCE THIS YEAR

2 Likes

When will your employer begin telebehavioral therapy? MC & MA will begin reimbursement for telebehavioral therapy and since they are the pied pipers, soon every insurance company will follow suit. Should suit you well and extend your professional life.

3 Likes

Well…remember what happened the last time a GC session tried to use technology?

3 Likes

Or maybe TW is afraid he will be unelected - the only sane result.

1 Like

The company already has the capability, but those services have been authorized only for remote areas. Now MC is starting to change the policy d/t the Coronavirus crisis. It’s a good move, though it won’t be easy to implement it with with patients like mine, in SNFs. Will see.

2 Likes

I believe that that fear is real. Someone mentioned something about voting from home anonymously. What? Those people at the GC cannot tolerate such a thing. They must know who is who so that later on everyone may be rewarded or punished accordingly.

And imagine, they couldn’t tolerate when a third party, professionals, came to manage the voting process electronically. And they are talking about what now??? Joke!!!

2 Likes

NAD officials insist the SA 2015 vote against each division determining what was best for their respective region failed to change the existing policy regarding the sole authority of union conferences to ordain clergy. To be clear, I support equal treatment. But I’m guessing those sitting in the pews around the world failed to understand the nuances of U.S. political gamesmanship.

2 Likes

I expect from leaderships position WO is not about being fair, whatever fairness looks like, it’s about power and control. And it’s about who controls the money. My dad used to say follow the money when things don’t make sense. Power and cash it’s some peoples raw Oysters

2 Likes

GC vote is last thing as a church should be worried about and some online voting fiasco
Has there been a new NAD leader selected yet ?

Electronic voting can be hacked and most these apps are not secure

Joselito –
Most of the members in the pews fail to understand that for years
there has been Authorization to have BOTH Men and Women
First Elders in the local Community.
Several years ago I was told by several in my group that it was
against the Bible to have Women Elders. That was after I submitted
several names who were well qualified.

Dan also needs to Promote – The Bible Message – “God respects
ALL PERSONS” and because of that, “ALL are Welcome at His
Table!!”

As Daniel and his Three Friends discovered – It is BETTER to obey
God than to obey men who believe they are in CONTROL.

It has been VERY IMPORTANT that the Unions and NOT the NAD have
total authority for “ordaining” Pastoral Staff. It is VERY IMPORTANT that
that Not Change!!
What we NEED is the “BLESSING” of the election of Men and Woman
Pastoral staff, NOT the Control. It is TIME for President Jackson to
step up to the plate, speak into the microphone, and announce that this
is the promoted policy of the NAD Leadership.

1 Like

HaHA, I bet it has!
On a second thought, if TW gets two extra years, then DAN JACKSON cannot retire since he also gets another 2 extra years. What about that?.. :wink:

3 Likes

…can be hacked! Yep, that is exactly what has been happening at the GC and will continue. I reckon pew warmers just don’t care what goes on, sort of like the majority of Americans when it comes to voting on who is running the country. So, I guess we might as well stop complaining about it all because people don’t really give a (its a structure used to hold back water and creates a lake)!! Sad. But it does point out the ‘usefulness’ (?) of the GC when people just say “Oh well, what can you do?”.

I am still waiting for someone to explain what the real/practical (if any!) purpose of the GC is. I feel it’s completely irrelevant, nothing but an entity that pulls money from the churches and offers nothing in return. Or is there ANYTHING that local churches benefit from the existence of the GC?

1 Like

G–
The recent article regarding “GC of 1919” sounds a little bit of what
we have seen in the past 2 General Conference Assemblies, and also
the various pronouncements from Committees the past couple of
years.
Orthodoxy is somewhat of a “curse” for increased understanding
of Biblical reading.

1 Like