Adieu Alisa

On Sabbath, April 19, 2014, in a first-of-its kind program, Andrews University conducted a conversation with LGBT students that focused on listening, understanding, and caring. A local writer by the name of Alisa Williams covered the event for Spectrum in the first of many articles that she would write for www.spectrummagazine.org.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/11249
5 Likes

Many thanks for all the work you have done, Alisa. You will be missed! Godspeed as you pursue your passion for writing.

9 Likes

Allow me to add my appreciation for Alisa and all she has done for Spectrum. What a blessing you have been Alisa. I certainly hope we will be able to enjoy more of your writing in the years ahead. Thank you.

6 Likes

Thank you, Alisa. Thank you.

6 Likes

Alisa, you have been a winsome, deep, and truthful presence here these past seven years. Thanks for broadening and deepening the conversations. It’s been a pleasure working with you since San Antonio.

In addition, I offer this punditry from Dorothy Parker: “If you have any young friends who aspire to become writers, the second-greatest favor you can do them is to present them with copies of The Elements of Style. The first-greatest, of course, is to shoot them now, while they’re happy.”

5 Likes

Congratulations on all the great work done. You will be missed but
great things await. Martin Doblmeier

5 Likes

Thank you, Alisa, for a job well done and for the encouragement of writers at Spectrum. Your own writing for Spectrum, including investigative pieces on Washington Adventist University and Andrews, has been invaluable. You’ve brought Spectrum forward on social media and made its imprint much more recognizable. All the best as you continue your writing in another field.

4 Likes

I feel great gratitude for Alisa’s steady hand, guiding the content and form of the website. Also, in a rapidly changing digital environment, I have been grateful for Alisa’s diligent commitment to the use of social media, which included comprehensive Tweeting during General Conference and North American Division business meetings. Those who have written for the website know that Alisa has been responsive to assist writers. A diligent reader, Alisa brought a passion for social justice and relevance to her work.

I appreciate what she has done and wish her well.

4 Likes

Alisa! The best to you as your work and career evolve.

Most of all, enjoy it!

And, if I may offer a bit of advice: Write a really good book, as soon as you can, and then many more, if possible.

HA

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.