Adventist Idol

(George Tichy) #142

Simple question for you:
Did YOU read the book in full? Please do not dodge the question,
____ YES
____ NO

(George Tichy) #143

IF you learned this in the Bible, could you please share where you found it?

I agree, there is a book called White Lie Soap which exposes the errors in White Lie. But unfortunately people tend to refuse to acknowledge any evidence or truth which is contrary to what they want to believe. We can all fall into that trap.

(Cfowler) #145

Some people refuse to acknowledge truth or evidence which is contrary to what they want to believe. Certainly not all. Some people actually research both sides and make a decision based on what they find.

(dale) #146

Let us begin with what is The biblical definition of faith. Because I have heard many opinions on faith but very little biblical evidence. So before that question can be effectively answered a biblical definition of faith must be put forth, so the ball is in your court let’s hear you biblical definition of faith.

(dale) #147

Desmond Ford taught things that did not line up with the bible. I have studied the investigative judgement and it is 100% biblical. Maybe you should check out Joseph Bates tract the judgement events and their order. This tract uses the bible and the bible alone using a plethora of scriptures that show the investigative judgement in scripture. The evidence is overwhelmingly in favour of it.

There has always been people having something to say about adventism and Ellen White. Ford for whatever reason rejected the doctrine in favour of a more evangelical belief. From what I can see from scripture I cannot accept it as true. Yes Desmond ford is free to believe as he wished, but he isn’t sanctioned to teach non Adventist doctrine in the church, just like I couldn’t be hired by the baptist church and starting to teach Adventist doctrine. How long do you think I would be tolerated in an evangelical church teaching Adventist doctrine? Probably a lot less time than ford was tolerated in the Adventist Church.

(Frankmer7) #148

Ford was ultimately vilified because he questioned the prophetic role and credentials of EGW. He was railroaded at Glacier View. There were administrators there who admitted voting him out without ever reading his document explaining his views.

I’m not convinced by the Adventist view of Daniel 8 any longer. Our penchant for proof texting and importing ideas into and overlaying them onto the passage just doesn’t seem to hold up to contextual and exegetical scrutiny of the text in its immediate context and life setting.

Btw…I say all this as one who doesn’t buy everything that Ford says concerning the gospel. And, yes, I agree that one would not be tolerated disseminating different teachings in other denominations, as well. It’s why I won’t teach this, and stay away from these issues when called to teach.

Thanks…

Frank

(George Tichy) #149

You must be kidding!

You make a strong (strange) statement, I ask where in the Bible you found substantiation for YOUR statement, and you ask me what my definition of faith is? Hmmm…

No, we are not “starting” anything here. Not falling for that. No need of this kind of trap. If you cannot prove YOUR statement biblically, well, I already got my answer for sure.
Done. No further questions.

(George Tichy) #150

Frank, for a change, I suggest that you, not me, ask the guy if he read Ford’s GV document in full. Just to make sure he actually knows what he is talking about when he makes comments on Ford. You know what the pattern is, right?..

(dale) #151

You are actually quite incorrect George. I have heard many people give their opinion of faith. Having a biblical view on what faith is is paramount to understanding righteousness by faith or anything by faith. Because if one’s view on faith comes only by an opinion and not based on the word of God then every thing that comes by faith must be inherently skewed because of a wrong conception of faith. This is why a foundation of what constitutes biblical faith is an essential foundation for a biblical response to the question. If there isn’t a biblical understanding of what faith is then a problem is posed. Think from cause to effect. For example someone told me that believing in something hard enough is faith. So by that definition I could believe in anything hard enough and call that faith. However that doesn’t stand up to what the bible calls faith.

So yes a biblical understanding of faith is imperative. You can’t begin to understand anything by faith without understanding what the bible says on faith.

(George Tichy) #152

You wrote, “the sabbath is the ultimate sign of righteousness by faith.”
I asked for biblical substantiation. So far you have refused to answer it.
You keep trying to lecture me on what faith is.
Not interested in the lecture. Thanks.

(Cfowler) #153

I would be interested in the biblical substantiation as well. Thanks.
@drich

(Johnny Carson) #154

Acts, Chapter 4:

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

(Johnny Carson) #155

Interesting to ponder why it is that you’re dodging George’s simple question… One is forced to conclude that you’re either afraid to answer or you find yourself on shaky ground, unable to answer it… Peace :wink:

(dale) #156

I’m not dodging the question. I’m currently at work and don’t have the time to answer in right now. I’ll take the time and write it out with biblical texts to support it when I’m at home and have the time. I’m also not on shaky ground, I know where I stand but thank yourself for assuming that you know so much about me and what I’m about. Also the answer isn’t going to be a 2 minute answer either. I will get to it when I have the time to do it.

(Johnny Carson) #157

Well, don’t write an essay on my account. @GeorgeTichy, on the other hand would love to read one so go ahead and write it for him. :open_mouth:

For my part, I believe in the TLDR (Too Long Didn’t Read) concept when it comes to web discussions. If it can’t be said in a very few paragraphs it’s got to be a very good piece before I’m going to read it. It’s rather like God’s method, ten short instructions delivered in his own voice from Sinai in four minutes, tops! :slight_smile:

(George Tichy) #158

Oh, muy amigo Usted!!! Thanks much!!!
Well, I didn’t know about your “reading policy,” :roll_eyes: , but I too rarely read posts that have more than TWO (sometimes 3) paragraphs. All those long essays that Bob writes, and some others, I just scroll down through them. Have no idea what they are about.

So, remember this every time you want me to read your posts! :rofl:

(Johnny Carson) #159

Humph! Some people just refuse to be thrown under the bus! How rude :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

(Website Editor) #167