Staving off closing, workers plan to buy Diversified Plastics plant which has been on the campus of Sunnydale Academy Adventist School near Centralia, MO, since 1976.
Learn more about Adventist businesses dealing with recession in this report from the gifted jedi at Adventist News Network:
Calling it "cautious optimism" might be a stretch -- many worry the full effects of the recession haven't yet trickled down to them. But some report they're actually benefiting as larger companies shutter.
- Education summit declares that Adventist education is core the the mission of the church;
- Seventh-day Adventist is returned to the safest seat at the Queensland elections;
- Adventists are the first denomination to donate funds to flood victims in Northern Queensland;
- Miracle enables Adventist pastor to walk again (Ucan2 blood donor TV campaign);
- Sanitarium Kitchen café in Brisbane celebrates 12 months with menus dedicated to Ellen White.
Blue Mountain Television, headquartered at the Walla Walla Village church, joins the digital age.
California Gov. Schwarzenegger has been reappointed Suzanne McCormick, 49, of Encinitas, to the Dental Board of California. A Republican, she was a professor and chairman for the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Loma Linda University from 2000 to 2001.
A seven-year-old student at the Adventist Primary School in Ladyville, Belize was tragically killed on his way home.
"Adventist Health System/Sunbelt Healthcare Corp. bought 22 acres in Altamonte Springs where it will develop a 150,000-square-foot, $20 million to $30 million, eco-friendly facility as its new corporate headquarters."
Adventist News Network writes that questions still remain 40 days after a plane with David Gates' Adventist Medical Aviation disappeared in Venezuela.
Finally, Liberal Adventist blogger John McLarty writes about the gospel of prosperity.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/1530