Ground Seven News: Taashi talks with Roy Adams about Christopher Hitchens' book titled God is Not Great. (Running Time 17:38)
Adventists to assist govt in resolving N’Delta crisis - The Nigerian Tide
The Seventh Day Adventist Church has reiterated its preparedness to assist the government in the resolution of the crisis in the Niger Delta.
The President, Eastern Nigeria Union of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, Pastor Gideon C. Nwogwugwu said this in an interview with newsmen at the end of the sixt triennial Delegate Conference of the Rivers Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
Pastor Nwogwugwu said that the church also plan to meet with Vice President Goodluck Jonathan on the issue.
In his words, “it can not be left to the government alone. As a church it is in our plan to meet with the vice president who come from our region and talk with him on how to solve the problem”.
The SDA Church president also said that the church would embark on massive evangelism in the region on the value of life.
“We are to go out as a church and let the people know about Jesus. When they know Jesus, they will know that life dosn’t end in either oil or position or job”, he said.
South Pacific News Video Cast:
- Newly elected president listens to young people,
- Thousands of WeetBix kids participate in this year's TRYathlon,
- Other Christians enrol at Avondale,
- Two bequests make TV and radio programs possible,
- 27 year old has become an aid worker for the second time and goes to the Solomons,
- The number of Adventists in the Solomons are expected to grow to 100,000 within 2 years,
- 1500 youth attend an evangelism conference in Taiwan.
La Sierra University inaugurates Randell Wisby as president - Press-Enterprise Includes podcast.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/411