#AdventistRevolution Makes Call for Gathering Of Unconventional Adventists

Thanks for sharing this reference link. I am flabbergasted generic terms “Adventist” and Ministry" were also approved as trademarks! At least “Adventism” is safe from threat… for now! And maybe “adventist” (non-capitalized) will prevent a demand letter! :grin:

(Steve Mga) #22

Michael Polite has a number of “sermons” on YouTube.
Most presented in the chapel of the Seminary and NOT in the BIG church
on campus at Andrews.
Would the current Pastor allow Pastor Michael to preach in his church at
the 11 o’clock hour? It is LIVE on the Internet.
So only a select few on campus actually have opportunity to hear him live.

(Elmer Cupino) #23

You guys bring your couches, I’ll bring my script pads.

Happy New Year To ALL!!!

(Max Ferguson) #24

Michael is not standing alone. There are many who are supportive of his position, many who are on the church’s payroll but are ready to take decisive actions to counter Mr. Wilson’s madness. I’m on board.

(Frank Peacham) #25

Mr. Polite has the color line in his favor making him a more formidable opponent to his employers.

(George Tichy) #26

Well, I am glad to hear that. I hope you are right. I hope that this initiative is not miscalculated. I wish the group luck. I support the movement.

(Steve Mga) #27

George –
Perhaps “decisive action” might be “NO action at all”.
What we might call “civil DIS-obedience” or “religious DIS-obedience”.
Unions STILL have the power, and those who live and work in Unions still
have the “power” to decide how their Union will function. And what that
allows the Conferences within those Unions to also function under “Union
Rules”.
Union Leadership STILL does NOT recognize how much POWER they have.
There is TOO much Timidity and Fear at this time and the thought – “can’t
we all just get along?” Another “word” for Conformity and Unity. Which REALLY
is NOT going to work in the long run. This is BECAUSE the Definitions of “Unity”
and “Conformity” keep changing in Silver Springs.

There can ONLY be Unity and Conformity in Christ Jesus, and in following HIS
directives. “GO! Shout the Good News about Me! Baptize them for the remission
of their sins.” It is in community where we learn to Repent [turn around, go through
the “change” process] as the letters of Paul describes the working of the H.S. on
individual lives and what “change” looks like.
THAT is UNITY. Unity with each other, with our neighbor, with strangers, but most
importantly, Unity with Heaven.

(George Tichy) #28

Steve, you are right.
Those teams of Komrades, the Kompliance Kommandos, may well just “find nothing” when they are assigned to capture “infidels” who do not fit Ted Wilson’s patterns of compliance/fidelity. Final reports reading, “Total compliance, no violation found, nothing but wasted money.”

What is TW going to do? Will he go himself to do some witch hunting???
It’s all so shameful, TW should resign now. It’s past due. :anguished::anguished:

(Steve Mga) #29

It was Religious Perfection that killed Jesus. That killed the followers of Jesus
by Saul and others.
It was Religious Perfection that killed the prophets. The prophets were telling
society to do things against conventional behaviors.
It was Religious Perfection that there was 1260 years of killing in the name
of Religious Purity.
WHAT will Religious Purity, Perfection bring to SDA Leadership and Laity from
Silver Springs and by the individuals of the Leadership team there? Are they
developing the Jim Jones mental attitudes. Enforced compliance?

(Kim Green) #30

"Are they developing the Jim Jones mental attitudes. Enforced compliance?"

In a word, yes! However…they will only be enforcing what they believe to be “God’s Will” which will result only in a schism. Of course, at that point, they will think that the church has been “purified” and Jesus’s Return will be imminent. When the Return does not happen…it will be back to the drawing boards to figure out yet another “theological stance” that will account for it.

My best guess, is that it will be something to do with how we should be doing our “missionary” activities and preaching that “This could be the year”…once again. They have missed the boat entirely when they can’t/don’t recognize that the “Gospel” isn’t the 28 FBs. I wish that I were wrong…but you and I have been around long enough to know the drill (over and over again).

(Steve Mga) #31

I have several “homeless” persons I minister to, and the best place to catch up with
them is a noon feeding program at the Methodist church in town – Macon Outreach.
Feed about 150-175 but have served as high as near 250. They line up, but have a
blessing prayer prior to start of serving.
Something I have noticed is a number of those who come in AFTER serving has
started say a “blessing” prior to eating. These are persons who may live in the woods,
or less than desirable places around town.
these may not be active church goers, but they go beyond that.
I guess I see them as Children of God anyway. And I know God looks out after them.
I have put out quite a few of the little book, “Done”, published by Lancaster Baptist
Church, Lancaster, CA. [It discusses there are only 2 religions in the world. The DO
religions. Have to DO to earn. The other is the DONE religion. Where Christ and God
have DONE it all for us.] I have watched as men will pick the books up and begin
reading, and take it with them. No idea if they are “saved” but at those moments the
Spirit can speak to them. And God loves them.

(Tim Teichman) #32

My understanding is that the Roman empire executed him for crimes against the state - for claiming to be the king of the Jews - thus usurping the emperor’s position.

(Steve Mga) #33

Tim-
Pilate would never have bothered Jesus.
It took the Council of the Jews secretly by night having the Trial of Jesus. Saying
He was worthy of death.
Then when Pilate was barely awake, taking Him to Pilate saying Jesus had proclaimed
He was King of the Jews.
Pilate ordered the Death Penalty as a means to show he was a true friend of Caesar,
and to do a favor for the Jews at time of Passover.
He must have been quite disturbed later that afternoon when the priests came asking
for a guard. Claiming Jesus had said He would rise from the dead in three days.
But it was the Jews who brought Jesus to Pilate.

(Tim Teichman) #34

Yes, this is what I’ve been taught as a kid. But there is also a camp that notes that in the earliest gospels, the blame is on the Romans and in the later gospels and writings it shifts to the Jews. A progression that is blamed on anti-semitism in the very early church as it sought to distance itself from the Jews and align with the Empire.

Pilate directly asked Jesus if he claimed to be the King of the Jews, which was a crime against the state punishable by death. On a cross. Jesus didn’t deny it. He could have, and scholars say that at that point Pilate would likely have just let him go. Pilate didn’t give a crap what Jesus taught. His duties were to collect taxes, maintain peace, and punish criminals.

Well, there’s already one…

(Kim Green) #36

Thank-you for the article- it was very interesting.

What new “theological stance” are you seeing?

I don’t really see it as new, but it’s the whole idea that Jesus is sitting and waiting until Adventists work harder and are more perfect… seems a bit contrived.

Yet, it doesn’t stop plentiful pastors to invoke as the reason why Jesus isn’t back yet. In short… It’s your fault.

(Kim Green) #38

I can certainly see how it could be viewed “contrived”…even a “fortuitous” viewpoint considering that the concept is made to “align” with what EGW wrote/said. :slight_smile:

Of course, it doesn’t stop Pastors from using fear to “rally the troops”. They may feel that they are doing the congregation a “favor”…however, I don’t like using negative emotion as a means to incite others. There are more positive ways to encourage that I feel are far more Spirit-filled. I would even go so far as to say that this “fear-mongering” about the Second Coming isn’t from God. But…that’s just me. :wink:

Purifying the Church

Anyone who believes that the church (any church) has the necessary & appropriate sanitary conditioning to produce saints and can provide an untarnished vehicle for transporting purified saints to heaven is deluded.

Every human reform to purify the church, by whatever means and in whatever direction one thinks that is, is an elusive effort generally ending in delusional results. The ‘better’ that one becomes at identifying the sinful behaviors of others, the more insular that one becomes to recognizing the sin that is within. When such efforts are incorporated into, and become a core function of, a church, the same results, on an institutional level, are to be expected. Judging others is a soul-killing enterprise.

Salvation is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The church should be promoting and supporting that non-corporate, unique encounter. That personal encounter can never be authentically reproduced thru group conformity, but it can be nurtured thru the humble exhibition of the fruits of the spirit.

Any reform movement should keep this essential truth in mind - Being a witness is NOT being the Judge.

Time will tell whether this latest effort is a Spirit-based movement to support the Christ-encounter (inside & outside the church doors) or whether it is simply an effort to create a new moral model by which others can be judged.

===============================================================

Matthew 5 - You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
(Compressed for emphasis)

Matthew 13 - The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’ 'An enemy did this,’ he replied.

The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’ ‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’

When he left the crowd and went into the house, His disciples came to him and said, ‘Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.’

He answered, 'The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.

Galatians 5 - Serve one another humbly in love. Love your neighbor as yourself.

The acts of the flesh are obvious: hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

I’m not sure that’s the purpose of this at all. The whole point is that we created a “papacy-like” leadership structure that became beyond reproach or criticism, and who can’t confess or recognize their own mistakes because their supposed job is to have other people conform to their position of elevated wisdom.

Hence there should be a healthy balance between the two extreme of “chaos of anarchy” and “infallible leadership” that ends up being an institutionalized dictatorship.

So, if hierarchy is to supervise and conform “the people below” to their views… who are they really serving? When was the last time the conference president came down and symbolically washed the feet of the “lowest” member of your congregation? I can tell you the answer for our church… Never :slight_smile:. And that’s really not the kind of leadership we should be looking for. Hence, we probably should make footwashing mandatory for every elevated leadership position out there when they visit the churches of “constituents”. It should serve as a great reminder as to what the relationship is between church leadership and the rest of the members.