Adventists and the Wall

(James ) #170

PS
Also tell him he better forget about that wall at get busy because Kamala Harris just announced that she is coming to do the things he has neglected above. Go Kamala.

Realizing a Catholic group marching for the unborn while wearing MAGA hats triggers some…
“Next time there’s a viral story, I’ll wait for more facts to emerge.”

Reads like a piece born of a preformed conclusion.
At its most basic level, illegal immigration it is wrong and it is illegal. It has been since 1882.
The Immigration Act passed that year banned people who were poor, mentally ill, or convicted of crimes from entering the country as well as immigration by prostitutes, polygamists, anarchists, and people with contagious diseases.
There were obvious and logical reasons for these exclusions.
If the laws on the books were being enforced would we even be having this issue or a discussion about it? Would personalities be involved? Would politics be involved?
Or do you prefer that instead of a upstanding person or family the mentally ill, or those convicted of crimes or prostitutes, polygamists, anarchists, and people with contagious diseases effectively get 1st preference by virtue of the fact that they just barge in instead of going through proper channels?
A person would have a hard time with the straight face test to promote such a standard.
How convenient it is to trot out a few quotes supporting a laissez faire immigration policy under the guise and banner of christianity. But is that really the only perspective the bible gives on the subject?
Or does it speak to the error of the ones who hold a myopic and one sided view? Are they like Proverbs says?
[Proverbs 25:28]
“A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.”
The very premise of heaven is [Matthew 16:19] "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven… " which would be entirely unnessisary if just anyone could wander in and help themselves to the rewards God is giving the faithful.

(Patrick Travis) #173

We are witnessing the deconstruction of law in the US. The laws not wanted by some are ignored. Worse, it is happening by the use of some, pretending/asserting it has religious backing.

That statement alone tells me exactly who you are and who you should be.

Anyone know of a group of Adventist youth in the march for life? Just curious.

(Patrick Travis) #177

Montag, I dont care if Obama and Pelosi have walls and all forms of security. The ISSUE IS the intellectual dishonesty being promoted by Dems on this issue.

(Patrick Travis) #179

The problem is we have Pelosi, Cortez and comedians acting as if they had the intelligence to pretend to be the president and the problems that entails. And some… buy in.

Wheels work and walls work. This one’s for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byj85TQq6Yc

(George Tichy) #181

This is one reason why I have no desire to engage in any conversation with you. Just look at your accusation… How can anyone have a decent dialogue when things like that are said?
Oh well, never mind… :roll_eyes:

(Patrick Travis) #182

Really George? 0 for 2 on buzzfeed. You are really talking about intellectual dishonesty and what Dems. are doing? But, that’s just my observation. :kissing_heart:
Ps. Please note Montag’s comment to me before my answer. Hardly “conversational.”

(George Tichy) #183

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Where did you hear that? A little birdie told me…

50785240_10219333673078790_5532218155591532544_n

By now you have no doubt studied the hours of video that is available online to decipher what actually happened with the Covington Catholic students story. Care to give an update?

(Patrick Travis) #186

But Paul, we can not break our preconceived narrative. Elton John says it nicely, “sorry seems to be the hardest word to say.” They only doubled down!

Identity politics will destroy us and it starts by allowing uncollaborated media reports and the inconceivably disgusting reactions that come from them with no benefit of the doubt to innocent high school kids. And if you label someone as complicit because they wear a hat, you may be surprised when you find out the Indians were the ones being vilified and cussed out by the Black israelite group. The libelous reports and posts about these kids could have serious long lasting repercussions if linked to this story with unlikely true journalism involved. Regardless of politics, we cannot allow the promotion of unverified info, especially involving kids, to go unchallenged and/or corrected.

(Patrick Travis) #188

on a lighter note :slight_smile:

(James ) #189

Mexico_Trump_WallCOLORdailykos

Donald Trump keeps insisting that when he becomes President, he will build a border wall between the US and Mexico, and that Mexico will pay for it. Why in the world would Mexico pay for a border wall? Mexico will not only in most likelihood build the wall itself, it will do it for free. Whoops, they will probably move the border though, back to early 1800s boundaries. That’s the Art of the Deal, I suppose!

(Joyce Rapp) #190

I don’t care if they come here (I’m a product of diversity) - just come legally! I believe that those who are willing to break the law to come here instead of waiting their turn are going to be more willing to break the law after they get in here. If they insist in trying to break the law, they are responsible for what happens to their children. We can’t send the children to jail so they are placed in foster homes and the government and taxpayers pay the cost. And they complain? Why not come here legally and avoid all that?

(Dave Reynolds) #191

I think as Adventists, we need to avoid nationalism like a plague. After all, we are admonished in Scripture as follows: “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein,” I don’t see any borders in that level of spiritual recognition. We are all God’s children, and need to be loved and to love.