AdventNetwork of Southern Africa Issues Statement After Annual Council Compliance Vote

(Robert Lindbeck) #222

@timteichman, it seems that @BroDenny just wants to escalate and accuse rather than debate and converse.

(Denny) #223

Whom did i accuse and of what? lets talk facts not fiction and assumptions.

(Denny) #224

I have been debating with @timteichman… I dont see what you’re talking about ?.. It seems like you are the one out to accuse without even reading the discourse i have been engaged in up there.

(Robert Lindbeck) #225

If it look like a duck, quacks like duck…

(Robert Lindbeck) #226

See previous post. (20 characters)

(George Tichy) #228

More “urban language”, right Bro? … :roll_eyes:
@timteichman

(George Tichy) #229

I think that not only Robert @robelle knows exactly what he is talking about, but many of us do too.
Do you ever read your own posts before you hit the REPLY button, or even afterwards?
@timteichman

(Denny) #230

the fact that you were engaged with me for while yesterday shows you were reading… I love how you guys huddle to defend each other even when you have no biblical leg to stand on… You only have the freedom of speech leg i guess.

(Denny) #231

Am i supposed to answer such a question? i obviously read mine but i see you dont read yours judging from the responses given to my postulations.

Some debates I see here are more like the Epicurians: seeking for the most fanciful idea of the day but with no biblical substance. There is need for direction and digging deeper into the Word. not just opinions or the I think syndrome… The world out there does not care what you think no matter how many of you proffer such ideas …They care about what the Word says on a subject so that they can have a firm footing to go through life and trials.

(jeremy) #232

i think if ordination weren’t a requirement for administrative advancement in our church, there wouldn’t be all the fuss…

(Website Editor) #233

Hi @Nkosi, it looks like you’re new to our comments section. Welcome. Just to clarify, we don’t block “those we don’t agree with.” We do, however, have a commenting policy that we expect commenters to follow. If a commenter disregards the policy, we remove their comments and let them know why. If they continue to post comments that are in violation of our policy then yes, they will be banned from commenting eventually. We suggest that everyone familiarize themselves with our commenting policy, which you can find here (the link is also included at the end of every article):

https://spectrummagazine.org/page/commenting-policy

Thank you again for joining the conversation here at Spectrum.

-WebEd

(Denny) #234

And im sure this statement by @Robelle is a joke or is a proverb? See below verbatim in bold.

If it look like a duck, quacks like duck…

i love how the double standards pan out here. Nevertheless i am unfazed.

(George Tichy) #235

Usually when there is a lot of quacking, it’s not really a cat! :wink:

(Red Livingstone) #236

And there is also a saying, “When you hear hoof beats in Central Park, NYC, think horses, not zebras,” :zebra:

I suggest that you do not rule out those gorgeous zebras… God lives beyond “Z”.

So it is quite possible that if TW’s dog speaks in tongues and your @GeorgeTichy parakeets speak English, @BroDenny 's cat might quack.

(Kim Green) #237

I am just curious…what exactly in your opinion is “jewelry” or “immodest dress”?

(Denny) #238

…And if it barks like a dog, it certainly does not have the wisdom of an owl… :wink:

(Kim Green) #239

Denny, I don’t know where you live but it isn’t common for someone to not where a wedding ring and I have lived throughout the US. Why don’t you wear one if your wife does?

(Denny) #240

The challenge my sister is we often ask for opinions these days . We dont ask “what does the bible say or teach” about immodest dress…? What happened to the simple reading of the plain Word? Revival of primitive godliness will come only by returning to the Word and not by the opinions of me or anyone on social media forums…When we put the Word the we are now talking.

The bible teaches about imoodest dress/apparel, under which issues of jewelry fall under. In simple, the bible teaches not to use “outward adornment” or have apparel that draws to self and distracts from the true inner character… P.S. this is not equivalent to saying dont be presentable, smart or be pretty/beautiful… But to be honest, this is a topic for another discussion.

(Kim Green) #241

Denny…you seem to think that reading “the plain Word” will answer all questions. It doesn’t…and you don’t have an answer for me. I like honest, straightforward, answers.

(Denny) #242

Below my comment as written above.

…“under which issues of jewelry fall under. In simple, the bible teaches not to use “outward adornment” or have apparel that draws to self and distracts from the true inner character… P.S. this is not equivalent to saying dont be presentable, smart or be pretty/beautiful… But to be honest, this is a topic for another discussion.”

this was my answer to you… My understanding of the Word. In simple. no, jewelry should not be worn. happy?