AdventNetwork of Southern Africa Issues Statement After Annual Council Compliance Vote

(Kim Green) #243

It isn’t about “happiness” it is about straightforward answers…honesty. Your condescension at times is palpable.

(Denny) #244

…because i dont control or dictate to my wife on matters of conscience. If i did the freedom police (other commentators up there) would have field day calling me a discriminator. lol.

She comes from a family where they wore , i didnt… Additional to that i still dont see the need to wear a ring to “show” that i am married… Only in a country that says by law you must wear, only then would i wear it. Otherwise social norms etc have no forceful bearing on one wearing a ring.

Zimbabwe (Africa)

(Denny) #245

So to say are you happy is offensive? WOW. my bad then.

Didnt you patronise me by saying i didnt have an answer when i answered you my understanding from the Bible?

Ok… I will not be-labour the matter.

(Kim Green) #246

I see…classic “Adventist” thinking. Thank-you.

(Kim Green) #247

You choose to ignore what you want to answer and skim over the rest. No need to “be-labour” …obviously you aren’t used to women questioning what you say, eh? :wink:

(Denny) #248

I see you speak from lack of info…you dont stay nor live with me…Nor interact with me… FYI, i interact more with women than men at church and in my social circles. Not to mention my wife, mother, sister, mum in law etc.

You have not made any point.

i answered you about jewelry… Why do you want me to say i think? What i thin is what the Word says… Argue with me on what your understanding is about the Word and not just going all personal on me… You guys on this forum seem to enjoy going for the jugular.

(Denny) #249

I take that as a complement. Thanks. :slight_smile:

(George Tichy) #250

The wedding ring issue is NONE of the Church’s business.
There are many men who are fiercely against a wedding band, but have no problem wearing an expensive golden watch. Nothing but hypocrisy.

(Kim Green) #251

Denny, it is clear for the average person here to see that I have asked some questions which you have ignored or skimmed over. It is my opinion that you aren’t used to interacting in this way with women. I don’t know about the rest of your live. Irrelevant to what I said.

This is my point…you may not get it or accept it.

You have many personal “opinions”,also…you seem to frame them in terms of the Bible like most people. Yes, “going for the jugular” when you get push back. Remember…you are no “sissy”. :wink:

(Kim Green) #252

I completely agree…the church makes “rules” then makes “exceptions”…which I have no problem with if they would just admit it.

(Denny) #253

Anyway lets agree to disagree…I think let the “average person” speak for themselves.:wink:

I skimmed over nothing… If you cant present your understanding of the Word upon a subject then thats not my problem. It wont stop me from giving my view as influenced by the Word… If i am wrong about my understanding about the Word, then you can correct me FROM the Word.

Once again your point on my interaction with women is irrelevant and not founded in fact but fiction and lack of info. So i suggest you skip that topic because i will happily enlighten you as well.

(Kim Green) #254

Okay…let’s call it a stalemate for now, Denny. I think that it has been enough for the “average” reader to understand. Of that, I have no doubt. Yes…“enlighten” me. :thinking: :wink:

(Kim Green) #255

This happens commonly here with some who come who have all of the “answers”…“instruction” for the wayward. :rofl:

(George Tichy) #256

Here is one for you, the KGC’s task force coming soon straightforward to your neighborhood:

I heard the GC is hiring retired people for this job… Not bad, uh??? :rofl:

(Red Livingstone) #257

Which bible translation do you use?

(Denny) #258

I use KJV but have posted the NIV for your convenience.

NIV

1 Peter 3v3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves.

(Red Livingstone) #259

Are you aware that the subject of wedding bands, unadorned wedding rings, were not subject to one’s conviction if you lived in the US and wanted to be baptized, prior to 1986?

Before the policy was changed (after much debate), the NAD candidates for baptism and church membership were not allowed to wear wedding bands, personal conviction or not.

(Denny) #260

I dont live in the NAD but the SID and so cannot say what hapened when and then. However where theres a will theres a way. Paul advises us on these issues in Romans 14 and 1 Cor 8… Matters that wont “kill” when it comes to those who are weaker (you are free to say the weaker brethren are the NAD at that time?)

(Red Livingstone) #261

For my convenience? It is not necessary to use NIV, but since you did, it does make it very clear what the author is putting the emphasis on.

I read it to say that YOUR BEAUTY should not come from outward adornment. It does not say that there can not be any outward adornment. The scripture is encouraging deep beauty that comes from loving God.

(Red Livingstone) #262

What are these “matters”? What issues could be included in these “matters”?