Afternoon Ordination Debate Business Session Now Live

it is going to be a secret ballot vote…i just saw bill knott on adventist review explain the process…

to their credit, gc officials had this secret ballot procedure in place before san antonio, in the event the electronic system failed…there was never any thought that the vote on wo wouldn’t be anonymous…

George, the common name for such proceedings is Obfuscation.

3 Likes

Periscope keeps cutting in and out.

1 Like

Well it seems that the barrage of Anti-WO media from 3ABN, Secrets Unsealed and Amazing Facts has been successful.

This floor is clearly against WO.

It was clever of them to associate WO with rebellion, a declining church membership and Satan. Unbelievably it worked.

1 Like

Why is the tweet account so very different from the periscope? Or am I only late because of different continents? There hasn’t been any Paulsen on the periscope yet??

1 Like

Is it true that the speakers are chosen based on when they registered?

So if you register later you may not get to speak?

That doesn’t seem a balanced approach, especially when this question is pertinent on a regional perspective.

@GeorgeTichy

1 Like

How many of us realize that the GC has its own version of Roberts Rules of Order? Why can we not be allowed to read them for ourselves! I have been following the proceedings for several hours and I do not recall the exact post from which I found this information but I believe it was from one of the stories available on this site. Can anyone confirm?

1 Like

I’ve listened to the short Wilson’s address. He wanted to sound neutral but said something like, “Everybody knows what I’m standing for”, and by the way he also admonished all the “agitators”. Now it is clear how the vote will end.

3 Likes

Voting is on right now. Delegate badges are scanned, they get a simple ballot with yes and no in 5 different languages. They are now putting votes into clear plastic bins through slots on top. Bins were clearly empty at the start.

The debate has never been about WO.

It is about whether the Union Conferences will let the GC usurp their authority. In Africa, it may play - because money flows down the tree there. In the USA it will not play, because money flows up the tree here.

Is it possible that TW will guilt-trip the UC’s into accepting orders from the GC rather than their membership? I doubt it.

Is it possible that TW will guilt-trip the members’s into accepting orders from the GC rather than their keeping their authority? I have to often seen SdA wishing for a king to be sure about that.

3 Likes

Carolyn, would it be an understatement to suggest that I am the only really nervous one atm :smile:

4 Likes

What disgusted me about the afternoon’s procedures even more than Wilson’s obvious grand-stand brief remarks at the mic was what happened to the discussions from then on… the way that Mike Ryan joined with the “point of order” filibusters in that he recognized NO one that wanted to comment on the issue… the ONLY speakers he recognized were those who wanted to present a “point of order”.

Up until today I had a lot of respect for Mike Ryan… that has now been completely destroyed! Some of the remarks he made were nothing short of lying… in that he took time to warn the delegates of how little discussion time there was left… but then refused to recognized any who rose to speak to the issue! during the last 15 minutes, when there was a greater than usual pause before the next person rose to “a point of order” he actually recognized one or two speakers… but before they had any more than given their name, he interrupted them saying that he had to recognize someone who had a “point of order”!

1 Like

I agree, thank you so much for providing that live stream. I guess I am also a little disappointed the GC didn’t live stream all the business meetings.

1 Like

Me too. Following on twitter has been helpful, but it can be frenetic at times.

1 Like

How long are they voting…I’m so tired…it’s past midnight already…

1 Like

Thanks, this is great!!!

1 Like

I have no doubt at all but what he wants to increase his authority with the masses. Eventually, I suspect that he will push too hard in some of the wrong places and those who are now of the opinion that it is their obligation to follow him in order to obey God will come to a realization of their God given intelligence and God’s desire to have a direct relationship with each person… with no “kingly power” interposing between Him and them.

It will likely have to get much worse before it gets better. I just hope the process will be a speedy one… for I am confident that it will happen.

3 Likes

voting is over…???

2 Likes

That’s it!!!
Now, seeing the piles as they unfold the ballots show one pile much bigger than the other one… It seems that the NO will be huge!!!

1 Like

Yup!! And they are going to sit tight and sing songs till the count is done… so… hang in there… it won’t long now… although looking at the process on Hope church channel… I can’t believe the antiquated way they are going about the counting and sorting process…

But why am I not surprised?

4 Likes