All Religion Is Local

Oh… did I forget to tell? So sorry… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Just for about 48 hours or so… LOL
Cataract surgery on Monday.

I know, if I had said “forever,” I am sure it would have immediately started a Civil War. Like if Trump loses the 2020 election, he says it will ignite a Civil War… :roll_eyes:
@ereifsnyder :+1:

5 Likes

Ok…enjoy your “cataract” vacation. :wink:

Thoughts and prayer for a speedy recovery. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I guess I almost made @Billsorensen and a couple more people happy. But, not that fast… LOL It was intentional though, just having some fun with you guys…

Thanks Kim for the “thoughts & prayer” - I love that!.. :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, there is sooo much more “work” for you to do here. :wink:

I just happen to be a “direct” person…lol. If I want to know…I ask.

Bill would greatly miss you if you went away forever. :laughing:

4 Likes

Can’t sleep… wondered what the beloved Spectrumites were doing… almost got a heart attack… thought about arguments like others have tried, failed big time… George, serious @#$%€ :scream:

Get well soon!!

6 Likes

Red books? W hat red books? I always saw them yellow when I went to the ABC…
Maybe Tuesday I will take another look at them, and may be this time they will indeed be red… :slight_smile:

Thanks Kate, appreciated. It is expected to go well. My surgeon already did over 10,000 eyes, never lost one. I told him to be careful, there is always the first… LOL

I need sharper eyes to keep an eye on that guy! :wink:

3 Likes

there certainly seems to be a palpable inevitability aspect in everything we’ve been seeing, which suggests to me we really are following in the footsteps of israel’s split under king rehoboam…

1 Like

God bless the hands of your surgeon, George. When you return you wIll be able to see TW’s plots all the more clearly.

6 Likes

Thanks Robert.
Regarding those plots…, I don’t need to see them, I can easily sniff them… LOL

3 Likes

George do you anticipate having any vision type dreams while your eye(s) heal? Don’t plagiarize your findings now.

3 Likes

I’ll keep my eyes in the following position in the next few days:. :roll_eyes:
:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

When my husband and I began having problems that I could not cope with (at that point no children yet) I joined a small Adventist church in Virginia. That was the best decision I had made at the time and certainly one I will fondly remember for the rest of my life. I made life long friends whom I consider brothers and sisters to this day. Roughly 40 years ago. We were a family in Christ in every sense of the word. Every person in that congregation matter and nothing was planned without involving the members in some way. Even if you were a bench warmer, you mattered in that little church. It was not about “religion”, it was about the people who came together on Sabbaths, on Vacation Bible School, Board Meetings, Business Meetings, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Communion, Love Feasts, we did it all, together. The community outreach was just as important as our involvement with each other. It was that kind of love that won my husband’s heart for Christ. I remember whenever we would have potluck one of the ladies would call him and say “come to potluck Saturday I made your favorite dish”. My husband was not a Seventh Day Adventist. I could tell you so many beautiful moments with a church family who will always be in my heart. And then we moved to the church that belonged to the GC. It was at that point I saw and experienced Christianity at it’s coldest form. The rest is history. I think many people fall in love with “religion” and not with Jesus.

13 Likes

Blessings to you, Chuck. There is such a thing as righteous indignation … and it is highly permissible in OUR emotional state of discontent!

1 Like

A few years ago I went through a similar surgical procedure. I wish you the very best and know that God will be with you. The time of healing will be shortened if you follow the counsel of most eye physicians after the surgery:

1. Use eye drops correctly and regularly to prevent eye infection as per physician’s instructions
  2. Do not let water or soap into the eye.
  3. Wear protective glasses/shield at both day and night time.
  4. Do not touch, rub, clean or press the eyes.
  5. Avoid going to areas that have smoke, dust, fumes or excess steam.
  6. Avoid harsh light or sunlight for few days after surgery.
4 Likes

Over the years your Keets provided you with visions that you then used to make huge profits at the local ABC store. ( we are not talking the ONE ABC store in Hawaii )

I do wish you well in your recovery👀

3 Likes

Be aware your vision may have suddenly changed after you are
allowed to not use the eyepatch.
The housekeeping person in my nursing home years ago was in her
70’s when had her cataracts removed. Prior to it she always wore
glasses. After she did not need her glasses anymore. Took a long
time to get used to her without glasses.

1 Like

Thanks Sam, I plan following all doc’s instructions, basically all you just told me.
Since I am not a rebelious person… I will just obey. :wink:

3 Likes

At least in the Episcopal Church, the “diocese” (conference) significantly supplements the salary of pastors for churches that cannot afford to pay the salary. No, Adventists are not unique in centralized pastoral remuneration.

2 Likes

In a very real way we have never learned what it means to be in unison though our local realities may differ effecting how we live the gospel, or communicate it to others. As we grew from a small group of earnest believers in a message in which easy access and interactions between individual believers took place, into a millions behemoth we are today, we sought the impossible “we are all one” as in “we all think alike, believe alike, express our beliefs the same.” We didn’t create room for on the ground religion to play out within the framework of a belief system that defined us.

2 Likes

I think many people fall in love with “religion” and not with Jesus.

A painful truth well said.

3 Likes