I just saw Jesus Camp. Stunning!
If you enjoy:
- thoughtful documentary filmmaking
- brilliantly juxtaposed cinematography
- thinking about American religion
- understanding the political concerns of evangelical religion
- knowing how young children mix faith and adult favor
According to a review in Salon:
"Jesus Camp" has now come under attack from the Rev. Ted Haggard, the powerful pastor of a Colorado megachurch, and head of the National Association of Evangelicals, who appears in the film. Haggard's real problem may be that he comes off like a cynical, showbizzy creep, especially compared to the profoundly committed and idealistic kids at the heart of the film. . .
For information from Christianity Today, see here.
Here is a calendar for when it releases near you. Interestingly, they have opened the film in the midwest and south first.
_uacct = "UA-748033-1"; urchinTracker();
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/4472