Book Review: "The Bible & LGBTQ Adventists"

Rhetoric is easy. What we think and believe affects how we treat others. (its in the Bible) If I were of the non heterosexual persuasion, I would stay away from all those that claim to love me as a Christian, while still denying who I am as a person. The same type of rhetoric has been used down through the ages by christianity to promote racial division, anti semitism, anti this, anti that, etc, etc. I see an angry God alright, and its not against the so called unbeliever, but against the professed believer, because they should know better.

5 Likes

As far as I know, I have never said anything about my ground rules being the same as those of Jesus.

Again, the subject is the Bible and the LBGTQ Adventists. So, by definition, the context of this discussion is biblical and, as far as I know, the author of the article and the writer of the book are Bible believers. So this conversation is among people who already think that God exists and it involves LBGTQ people who are also Bible believers and who also believe in God (the LBGTQ Adventists). So, the existence of God is not issue.

1 Like

Perhaps Jesus said it best: “Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.” Matt. 21:31 NIV

4 Likes

Isn’t it ironic that those who claim to know truth are unwilling to accept Jesus at His word. Like you said Present Truth is hard thing when all you do is cling to the past as so many seem to do.

1 Like

Anyone who feels my comments are inappropriate for any reason can flag them as such.

If the web editors agree, they will either take them down or insist that they be revised.

The one and only… How are you doing? You are making yourself rare lately.

Both in fact.

Well, I would say that interpreters are potentially dangerous (it is not an absolute) even if they have the best intentions. Hence the necessity to check if everything they say is true and make sense.

Notice that I have never mentioned the question of choice in this conversation. It is not really the subject of the article.

It is almost as if that their is a class of people who having received new light are blinded by the past and cannot accept what God through His mercy and kindness has revealed regarding those who are LGBTQ. The actions of many Christians have tarnished the character of God by their words and deeds through their defiance resulting in their hearts being hardened. That is they are not condemned nor forsaken as there was nothing they needed to be forgiven of to begin with.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.