These two men, both listed on TIME's list of the top 25 evangelical leaders represent differing directions of American Christianity. Brian McLaren is the founding pastor of Cedar Ridge Community Church in Spencerville, Maryland. Richard Land directs the Ethics and Religious Liberty office of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Does Palin face even tougher bigotry than Obama? (05:11)
- Today, the vice presidency; tomorrow, the evangelical pastorate? (04:38)
- Pastors who endorse candidates (cont’d) (07:07)
- Brian defends the Democrats’ new abortion plank (06:57)
- Richard praises Obama’s yen for class-based affirmative action (05:54)
- The problem with casual sex (05:14)
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/948