Conference Office Becomes COVID Vaccination Site in New York City

Hundreds of community residents in New York City are set to receive vaccines at the Northeastern Conference office situated in Queens, NY. For three consecutive days (April 21-23) the regional church headquarters will host the New York City Department of Health and Hospitals in administering the Moderna vaccine to local residents seeking immunization against the COVID-19 virus. Recipients will require a second dose which will also be administered at the Conference office in the succeeding weeks. Before leaving the premises each guest receives a gift bag with sanitizer, five masks, a pen, and a pamphlet explaining the ACS mission.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/11201

What is a seamless experience? I wonder if those involved in this story realize that (1) the real risks of vaccination as revealed through already available results, (2) It does not make the vaccinated person less likely to infect others, and (3) most importantly, it completely shuts off your own God-given immune system against potential COVID variants which have been reported as much more infectious and lethal.

1 Like

i think it means smooth, continuous, and without the possibility of gaps in understanding what to do, or where to be…

the J & J vaccine’s risk for blood clots is 5 in a million…astrazeneca’s risk for blood clots is 7 in 20 million…the odds of being struck by lightning is 1 in 15,300…the mRNA vaccines, like the moderna vaccine used by the northeastern conference, have no demonstrated risks, and they are effective against the variants, although less so in some cases…but even in these cases, they’re much more effective than natural immunity…

a vaccinated person is definitely much less likely to infect others…some estimates are that it’s impossible for a fully vaccinated person to infect anyone…

vaccines don’t interfere with natural immunity…in fact they enhance what the body does naturally, and much more quickly…people die from covid because their natural immunity develops too slowly and incompletely to do them any good…

vaccines harness the natural immune response in an organized way against a defined pathogen…they are not equipping your body with a response that’s incompatible with your immune system…

3 Likes

Jeremy,
Does a “smooth” experience include death? The Aztrazeneca J&J vaccine had to be interrupted due to 30 deaths resulting from blood clotting. Also:
Health Impact News reports the following negative results from – tozinameran, MRNA Moderna, Aztrazeneca, J&J Janssen. And when you read the details of the “injuries” you will be appalled.
• Deaths 4,576
• 199,213 injuries
The EudraVigilance European database – says this reporting represents a 3% sampling, just imagine what adding 97% would look like.

Geert Vanden Bossche – world known pro-vaccine expert in a video on March 7 (I can’t replicate it here unfortunately) urged the WHO to open debate about human intervention driving what he calls a “viral immuniscape” (bypassing the immune system does essentially shut it off) and creating a “monster of uncontrollable proportions” that can literally wipe out large portions of humanity.
He said that even vaccines that may be in their own right excellent, they are only specific to one strain so to use them in the midst of a pandemic by mass vaccinations, as we are doing, is simply forcing the virus to mutate more rapidly while leaving people completely unprotected for the next (stronger) strain. His statement added: “Vaccines don’t prevent infections, they protect against disease”. The virus only needs 10 hours to replicate, it is a race vaccines can’t win’.

Vaccines that use mRNA do manipulate your DNA and shut off out immune systems which would normally adapt to variants in a natural way to prevent the next variant of slow (natural) mutating viruses.

He and other world medical organizations said that we have less than a year to completely loose the battle against Covid!

Why did Argntina’s President, who had vaccinated was reported on April 3 to have tested positive to covid? Also, listen to Angela Merkle who said Germany has a new epidemic in their hands, and also the UK. These are the countries that have had the most blanket mass vaccinations, and now are generating more infectious and more lethal variants.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Geert+Vanden+Bossche+who+speech+march+7&t=brave&page=1&sexp={"biaexp"%3A"b"%2C"msvrtexp"%3A"b"}&ia=web&iai=r1-2

why is israel reporting no covid deaths after approximately 60% of its population has been vaccinated:

dr. bossche’s views have a number of logical problems:

1. the analogy with bacterial antibiotic resistance is seriously challenged from the fact that viruses aren’t alive outside of a host, whereas bacteria are…viruses therefore don’t “travel” from person to person when vaccination prevents entry in the first place…evidence shows that vaccinated individuals transmit infection at a much lower rate, if at all, than non-vaccinated individuals…this fact works against bossche’s theory of vaccine induced resistant mutations…it doesn’t support it…

2. covid mutations and the rise of variants of concern were a demonstrated event well before the advent of vaccines…there is therefore no causal relationship between vaccines and variants of concern…without vaccines, the world is demonstrably more vulnerable to variants of concern, since nothing stops infection and transmittance, and therefore mutation, even in cases where there isn’t human death…

3. vaccines can be readily altered to specifically target a variant of concern…this fact negates bossche’s doomsday scenario where the virus overwhelms vaccine capacity…altering vaccines has been going on for yrs in the case of flu viruses without incident…

4. natural immunity isn’t less specific than vaccine-induced immunity…a variant of concern has the potential to overwhelm natural immunity every bit as much as it can a vaccine…the difference is that a vaccine can be readily altered, whereas natural immunity, while adaptable, takes time, and may lose the war because it may not be adaptable fast enough…

my impression of bossche is that he is an attention-seeking alarmist…he appears to crave attention, and seems to be insensitive to the potential for harm that the cavalier indulgence of his craving poses…

the vast majority of world experts are arrayed against bossche…is this the case of truth making a noble stand while in the minuscule minority…i don’t think so…bossche’s approach would doom millions upon millions to death who otherwise could have lived…

sweden is the poster child for the bossche approach…their situation has been vastly worse than their neighbours’:

of course, and naturally, trump advisor scott atlas has hailed sweden’s track record of death…

vaccines don’t bypass the immune system…it is the immune system that’s activating and responding when a vaccine is introduced…

the difference between a vaccine and an infection is that a vaccine activates the immune system through a harmless component of a pathogen…an infection activates the immune system through the entire component package of the pathogen itself, with the real chance that the immune system will lose the ensuing battle…

understand that an infection cannot protect against a future variant of concern because an immune response is targeted against the viral form that caused the initial infection…

vaccines stack the deck against the pathogen…they don’t alter or suppress the immune response, nor do they stimulate mutation in the pathogen beyond mutation rates without the vaccine…

Jeremy

We all have opinions and we are all relatively more/less correct or incorrect depending on the factors that drive our positions. You for instance appear to be very inclined to trust in the efficacy of vaccines when you present media driven/published statistics that I personally question. Example: “astrazeneca’s risk for blood clots is 7 in 20 million”. Using this metric 85.7 million people would have to have been vaccinated in the UK alone before they had to stop vaccination due to 30 deaths related to blood clotting, when in fact only about 20M had been vaccinated. There are new statistics in the last couple of weeks that are a lot worse on this topic:

As far as the statistics from Israel I haven’t yet looked into them, but I am generally skeptical until I research them. The results you report could represent a microcosm based on geography. immigration, or a host of other factors, I don’t know yet.

You call Bossche an “attention seeker alarmist”, why, did you read this on the media? I personally don’t know him so I can’t say if he is or not, all I know is that his credentials are top notch in the world of immunization and also have read that several other professionals are falling in line with the same message.

If viruses don’t “travel” from person to person why have we been mandated to wear one, two, three, even four masks? Why quarantining? – this is another story but I won’t get into it now.

I agree with you this is the way it used to be – I was vaccinated when I was a child against polio, mumps, chickenpox, Etc, and they worked, but the new vaccines being developed now are completely different, mRNA drugs do have effects on DNA e.g. (“If genes that are important for the chemical compound 6-methyladenine are completely removed, this results in neurodegeneration in both mice and humans)

This is not correct, while there is a lot of media propaganda out there saying that “most” doctors are in agreement with this opinion – I choose to believe it is nothing more than a propaganda campaign for things we do not yet know concerning the long term effects of vaccines. On this issue I rather take a cautious approach and believe that drug-induced overreaction of our immune system against one type of virus will result in putting our immune systems asleep for a variant of the next virus, which in addition will be more radical and deadly.

So to close out our opinion-based discussion I would qualify our positions as follows:

• You seem to be more likely to believe mass media reports which report that vaccines have positive results – these reports first generated mass fear about the chance of infections (“bossche’s approach would doom millions upon millions to death who otherwise could have lived…”)
  • As a comparison, I generally distrust mass media and believe that the original infection/death reports were manipulated to create mass hysteria and drive people to seek the media-sponsored vaccine solution (hospitals reports totally exaggerated and even fraudulent to include anyone that was dying in a hospital for other reasons)

I also choose to believe that the original virus, while it does spell trouble for people with very specific health pre-deficiencies and should perhaps consider the vaccine, can otherwise be controlled with our God-given immune systems if allowed to run their course.

1 Like

I hope the vaccines do work for those brave enough in the public lab that choose to take the jab. I have so far been fortunate enough to not get the virus. With plenty of activity, sunshine, vitamins C,D, and zinc, and fresh air (since I don’t wear masks) my God designed immunity system must be functioning successfully. From what I have been finding, masks have been shown, with current science, that they do more harm than good. I wonder if future science will show the vaccines to have the same result.

1 Like

the astrazeneca and J&J vaccines are separate virus vector vaccines, and are both associated with extremely rare blood clotting, possibly due to an unknown allergenic capacity in the adenoviruses used that act on the recipient’s PF4 released from activated platelets…millions upon millions of vaccinations, using these vaccines, have occurred worldwide without incident…undoubtedly this extremely rare reaction will be qualified and prophylacticized soon…

these kinds of statistics are irrelevant…they don’t represent causal relationships, and “injuries”, like headache, fever, and tiredness, etc., can be and often are an indication of an activated immune system doing what its designed to do, which is kickstart an immune response that can neutralize an infection…

this figure, cited for april 14, represents fatalities from 21.2 million jabs…this is a fatality rate of 0.0000015% (1 in 1.5 million)…this is not an impressive or even significant fatality rate…the car crash rate is 0.97% (1 in 103), and the skin cancer rate is 2.6% for whites (1 in 38), 0.6% for hispanics (1 in 167), and 0.1% for blacks (1 in 1,000)…

it’s a question of recognizing proportion…the odds of developing blood clots from pregancy are 0.1-0.2% ( 1 in 1,000 - 1 in 500); the odds of developing blood clots from birth control pills are 0.3% - 1% (0.3 in 100 - 1 in 100); and the odds of developing blood clots from plane travel are 2%-10%(1 in 50 - 1 in 10)…do we see people refusing to get pregnant, use birth control, or fly, due to these risks, all of which are manifestly more enormous than the risks for developing blood clots from covid vaccines…the answer to this question is no…

here are a few facts that can help your research:

george, nobody’s wearing 4 masks…and quarantining is being done out of an abundance of caution: the proliferation of covid variants raises the spectre of breakthrough infections, which are possible because so many people, mainly republicans, are refusing to be vaccinated…

mRNA is the natural product of the action of enzyme RNA polymerase during transcription in a cell’s nucleus…it has no capacity to act on DNA itself…in fact the mRNA from mRNA vaccines bypasses transcription and collects outside the nucleus in the cytoplasm, where its codons are read by anticodons on tRNA and assembled into proteins through the action of rRNA and ribosomes in a process called translation…these proteins, which or covid spike proteins, then elicit a natural immune response that can deal with an actual infection from covid…

mRNA vaccines are an elegant application of scientific knowledge…they are simply using natural biochemical processes that leave a cell and it’s nucleus inert once it’s mRNA is denatured (most protein synthesis takes place within a few seconds to a few minutes) in the same way natural, transcribed mRNA does…mRNA isn’t even in the nucleus where the cell’s DNA is located…

so let me get this straight: as tucker carlson and sean hannity have newly uncovered, the mainstream media and hospitals have an interest in driving people into hysteria in order to generate business for vaccine companies, which dr. fauci is using to augment his annual $434,312 salary in order to get rich, and which democrats are using to consolidate power in washington…got it…

1 Like

Jeremy
No disrespect but you are missing my point. I mentioned statistics not for their direct relevancy to our conversation but rather to show you that your use of them was incorrect based on published results, and that your trust in it needs to be questioned. As an example, I will bring up the case of the US’ almost exclusive use last year of data from The Atlantic’s Covid 19 Project. This data has been proven inaccurate so much so that the publication itself finally decided to discontinue it last month. https://covidtracking.com/
Another example of inaccurate data comes from the NIH questioning AztraZeneca’s clinical trial’s data to prove the efficacy of its’ vaccine: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/niaid-statement-astrazeneca-vaccine

The SDA Church has been unique in the history of world religions partly thanks to its’ health message. As we progress into literally a brand new and more lethal pandemic as reported by European countries, Isn’t it time we come up with a new more focused approach (at least for SDA members) instead of continuing with this irrational fear-driven response we have followed so far?, which actually seems to be creating a much bigger problem. Should we not at least pause and take a serious look at what has not been working so far? If Bossche is half right I can see a scenario similar to the first plague developing.
PS. I don’t use mainstream media logic (any side) to analyze issues, I find the results less than objective.

1 Like

Why hasn’t our SDA Church considered simple but effective medical education programs to provide needed information on basic precautionary measures we can all take at home with little risk and cost, instead of the hammer approach of potentially risky vaccines?
Just some examples:

1 Like

your reference is explaining that the Atlantic’s Covid 19 Project is finished…it isn’t saying it’s being discontinued because it’s been inaccurate…in fact it’s saying that it’s data will continue to be available…

there continue to be small differences in the number of covid cases, hospitalizations and deaths being reported in various U.S. media outlets, not because these media outlets are lying, and therefore cannot be trusted, but because there has never been one accepted reference standard for the publishing of facts…despite small differences between CNN, MSNBC and FOX, for example, general trends have been evident…the NYT is reporting, as of 15hrs ago, that the U.S. has had 32,150,575 covid cases, and 571,725 deaths…other outlets may report something reflecting results in the last hour, or yesterday, or the day before, and so may have a slightly different tally…but nothing is substantially different…for instance, no-one is reporting 2 million covid cases, and 4,000 deaths…

in the situation with astrazeneca, what NIH questioned was astrazeneca’s use of possibly outdated information when it initially published its 79% efficacy rate against symptoms, after its initial dose…astrazeneca has since updated it’s information in order to arrive at its 76% rate (81% after the second dose given 12 weeks after the first dose), using NIH approved data…but let’s understand that NIH approved data is a standard chosen for standardized comparison and authorization purposes only…the data astrazeneca initially used wasn’t necessarily wrong, inaccurate, or deceptive…NIH’s issue was that astrazenenca was operating outside of its approved standard that all drug companies seeking CDC authorization are expected to adhere to…

the point is that none of these situations represent data so inaccurate that nothing can be believed…i just think your skepticism is out of proportion…you seem to think that everything must be in lockstep agreement 100% of the time, or nothing is credible…but there is such a thing as nuance, arising out of factors that don’t impinge on the credibility of data, or a news source…something that is accurate and correct, based on a certain set of objective factors, can be in slight disagreement with something else based on other sets of objective factors, and still be valid, valuable and right…

this is certainly true…but remember, natural remedies and precautionary measures that can be demonstrated to work are all valid scientific approaches, just like covid vaccines, which harness the natural properties of our immune systems to produce a desired and scientifically valid result…our health message encompasses all of the valid discoveries in science that we are fortunate enough to have mastered, and these discoveries continue to expand at an exponential rate…

everything in harmony with natural law is a part of our health message, whether its a vegan retreat operated by volunteers, or a hospital filled with oxygen tanks, ventilators, MRI scanners and labs that run blood and body fluid tests, operated by MD’s, nurses and lab techs…

1 Like

So…what do you say to families of those that have died? Do you also believe that ‘our God given immune systems’ protect us from all other diseases? Is Elvis still alive in your world? You’re anti-vaccine attitude that you are disseminating with false data by saying it is all ‘false or exaggerated’ is extremely harmful to the health and welfare of others. My I suggest some mental therapy for self delusions?

1 Like

Spectrum Magazine has only printed articles in favor of SDA Church involvement in support for COVID vaccination, but not has not given voice to those who do have concerns about the vaccine in terms of health concerns. Is this fostering dialogue to present only one point of view? Meanwhile, I’ve seen voices of influence within the SDA Church describe others who don’t share their view regarding the COVID vaccines as vaccine skeptics or liars.
For an SDA pastor to say that it is a lie to say that the COVID vaccines is dangerous is going overboard. Whom are we to trust? Government, SDA Pastors and other humans who say that the vaccines are not dangerous? Or are we to trust God? What if I was one of the people who got a blood clot from taking the Johnson and Johnson vaccine and I suffered a brain hemorrhage or worse and a SDA Pastor is saying that it is a lie to say that the COVID Vaccine is dangerous? Also, we have seen in the SDA Church some invoking the issue of health equity when justifying Church involvement in disseminating the COVID Vaccine, as we’ve seen here in this article. Has the Church or the North Eastern Conference been involved in seeing to it that SDA members get other medical procedures for members in need - i.e. from Adventist Hospitals -for free - medical services and procedures that are very expensive? There are medical equity issues regarding needed surgeries that are very expensive for example or other very expensive procedures. But I have not seen this much publicity over Church involvement in ensuring access to health services for other medical needs such as expensive surgeries or procedures as compared to discussion of the COVID Vaccine. Alot of members suffer from all sorts of diseases and ailments. Can they go to an Adventist Hospital to receive free colonoscopies, for example, or free heart surgeries, for example, or to see specialists for complex ailments?

1 Like

Jeremy,
Unfortunately you just can’t automatically accept data that is produced by the vaccine companies which clearly favors their own case, come up with excuses to explain the disparity when proven it is not accurate, then turn around and discredit all of the official negative results evidence as irrelevant, and still think you are being objective.
If you had taken the time to review the data I provided concerning the 199,000+ injuries report you may see that they are not just headaches and normal immune reactions, as you call them, but rather serious, deleterious health damage issues, many of them (5,0000) resulting death Are you also going to call these fake?
Ultimately your position becomes very clear with your choice to ridicule the entire exchange with a “discovery” as you call it, of a political conservative mainstream media, insinuating some conspiracy, totally irrelevant to our conversation.
Good luck fixing COVID in the political area

2 Likes

Hey JR - thanks for you response
Your suggestion is just a reflection of your own state of mind or position on this issue, clearly. Nowhere did I say that vaccines don’t have a place in preventing disease, but it you think that the available preventative measures I presented from medical experts in the field are delusional then, well, your opinion fits you just fine.

2 Likes

Very bad form, JRStovall.

3 Likes

george, i understand what you’re saying i’m saying, and your disagreement with it, but the point is, what you’re saying i’m saying isn’t what i’m saying…but let’s boil down part of what we’ve been discussing to their irreducible minimums:

1. do you see an important difference between astrazeneca’s initial 79% efficacy claim and it’s subsequent “correction” to 76%, and then 81%, after a second dose…

2. do you believe your “199,000+” injuries from vaccines outweigh the millions upon millions of deaths - and untold suffering from the millions upon millions of long covid cases - that have occurred because people weren’t vaccinated in time…

at some point we have to look at reality, and the unvarnished evidence: people who’ve been vaccinated are doing better, much better, than people who haven’t been…this isn’t opinion, or political bias…it’s demonstrable fact…

Ya, I expected the mods to say something, but there are times when I am not able to just dance around an issue that endangers the health, both physical and mental, of others.

Catchy, but still missing the point Jeremy :slight_smile: I already mentioned to you that it is not about statistics per se, but about how you (mis)use them to prove your point. Inside of those statistics there are plenty of people suffering real negative effects from your panacea vaccine solution that would be better off by taking some useful preventative measures, and our church should lead the pack here (did you even look at one of the videos I posted?) they are not from witch doctors or medicine men, these are real doctors proposing real alternatives before jumping into something that can literally kill us. But even more important is the warning about the mass vaccination approach from a pro-vaccine expert Bossche, which you took about 1 full second to dismiss.

So we were just talking Europe so far so let’s stay within proportion, my general understanding is that they just passed 1M deaths there so 199K is a significant number (20%). How many of the 1 Million may have been better off with a program to enhance their immune system before becoming infected? Do you know the numbers there also? and ultimately, if Bossche is to be half-right as already mentioned, we may have to deal with Billions upon Billions of deaths.

the theory behind the mass vaccination approach is that the attainment of an approximately 70-80% herd immunity in a given population will prevent significant viral replication…bossche’s fears of “viral immune escape” will be obviated when and if this goal is reached because without proliferation, the virus will not be mutating…

it goes without saying that herd immunity needs to be achieved before variants arise that are resistant to our arsenal of vaccines (all medical experts agree on this point)…however, it should be noted that all the vaccines that are currently being used can be tweaked to address whatever mutations do occur, meaning that bossche’s “wild monster” is a bit unlikely…this is why bossche’s doomsday scenario cannot, and won’t, be taken seriously…

you seem to actually believe this reported “199,000 injuries” from covid vaccines…but here’s the truth about this alarmist number:

as can be readily discerned, this alarmist number, posted by right wing interests, doesn’t establish a causal relationship between the vaccines and the “162, 610 injuries” reported (and this variable number is only one indication that it cannot be taken seriously)…more importantly, one of the sources for this information is Global Research, which NATO accuses of spreading false conspiracy theories and russian disinformation…

the important thing to be wary of here, which doesn’t factor into any of your conclusions, is russia’s interest in undermining western vaccines in order to strengthen the market for its own, and only, sputnik V vaccine…russia has, is and will stop at no level of subterfuge and deceit to gain even a small advantage…anything that disparages western interests, without similar potential damage to russian interests, must immediately be considered suspect…to wit, i think the “injuries” information you’ve provided, and seem to firmly believe, is likely russian propaganda…

but another, much more important, development which you don’t seem to factor into your position is the general movement of the far right from “stop the steal” to “stop the vaccines”…in other words, all of what you read that disparages vaccines through one way or another, including through figures like bossche, is likely nothing more than right wing propaganda:

a brief overview of trustworthy U.S. information shows an exceptionally small number of reported adverse post-vaccination events that are either allergy related, or not correlated with covid vaccines:

perhaps a rational look at vaccines, in general, can be useful:

as for enhancing one’s immune system naturally, no-one is saying this approach doesn’t have a place…first of all, there doesn’t need to be an either/or choice between natural enhancement and vaccines…both can be used at the same time…but it is the fact that it’s the vaccines that are going to get us out of the pandemic we’re in, nothing else…natural enhancement simply does not pack the widespread punch that vaccines have the potential to…