Danny Shelton Steps Down as 3ABN President

Danny is very gifted leader with a vision and talent to write a success story. Yet he is very flawed, like many other religious leaders. The sad thing was that no one held him accountable for his moral indiscretions. God and Nathan the Prophet held King David publicly accountable, but no leader in the SDA church felt compelled to openly confound Danny. This is a sad chapter for our church, no doubt often repeated, giving wild tolerance to individuals of power and influence.

4 Likes

I think that what we know is enough for a fairly long telenovela! We could break it down into marriages by “series”.

1 Like

lol…there are some that would tell you that I am. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Frank, why do you think that the Hierarchy did not hold him accountable?

when there is an Independent ministry such as this, providing such
a large “service” to both other Independent Ministries and the
Organized Church, no one wants to be a “Prophet” and confront
issues in the Independent ministry and so BOTH the other Independent
Ministries [including the ASI] and the Organized Church become
facilitators and enablers.

3 Likes

Years ago, there was a web site called “Black SDA”. This was during the time of the Linda situation. Supposedly someone who was posting knew a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. They may have actually worked there (I can’t remember the details), but there was a lot of tea spilled…about Linda, Danny, the accusations, financial stuff. Did anyone else here ever see that site?

1 Like

Yes…because I was looking for info and found what you have said there. I can’t remember all of the details but recall that there was a lot of info.

Large donors (and small ones, too) stunted the ability of the Church’s media ministries to move ahead. The big checks to Danny entrenched his role as a king maker and cheated the main church’s communication initiatives, which have been the envy of mainstream churches for decades. Adventist ministries are well-known for their early leveraging of media and as content creators as well as producing quality productions. It Is Written was first filmed in New York’s ABC Studios. 3ABN’s content swirled around the founder’s personality and personal hosting, books, and selling his music.

7 Likes

No one can hold Danny accountable. He is under no authority of the church.

2 Likes

HMS Richards with Radio and Pastor Fagal with his quartet on
TV were Visionaries.
in 1940, with Fordyce Detamore as announcer Voice of Prophecy
went coast to coast.
Later Quiet Hour on radio and It Is Written on TV.

3 Likes

HMS Richards is still, hands down, my all time favorite preacher. I used to donate to VOP, and I have never regretted that I did. I don’t think I ever gave a dime to 3 ABN. Never followed the rumblings in the SDA grapevine over Danny Sheldon’s multiple marriages, but I did hear the thunder from time to time.

1 Like

It’s about time! Should have resigned many years ago! I have never been able to understand how so many just pretend that everything is OK there at 3ABN, and continue to work with them as though God is running the show???

3 Likes

For a church built upon perfectionism, demonstrates so much in fighting. There was a glimmer of Christianity in the days of Dr. Heppenstall. The Ted Wilson era has set the church firmly into cultism of a final perfect generation to vindicate God. As if the Cross was a side show. The soul of Adventism is in the likes of Doug Bachelor

8 Likes

We have to admit that ADRA and the hospital systems are like a different church. They seem to operate free from GC and ministerial influence or mandates. Near by me there is an SDA hospital that operates a Exercise gym on Sabbath. Nobody would ever report an ADAD leader or Hospital administer should divorce for a younger wife, even the second or third time. They pay no attention to EGW hundreds of pages of advice on operation. They even create business agreements with Rome, something that no SDA church could duplicate. There are two sets of standards–one for the clergy and members, another for Hospital employees or Board Members.

2 Likes

Tom, you are right, the Wilson era has been extremely detrimental to the SDA people/organization. A strange culture now permeates the Church. Scandals are rampant, from fake degrees to idiotic kompliance kommandos. from threats of “grave consequences” to to rooting deeply the infamous discrimination of women; from 90-second election sessions to promoting the heresy of perfectionism (now aka LGT).

5 Likes

Frank,
Isn’t it mind boggling that the “spiritual” branch of the Church is the one that is involved in scandals and misconduct? I wonder if politicking and thirst for power may be the main reason for all that. Or, maybe Satan actually exists and is responsible for it all. Thank God the Devil exists, thus there is someone (invisible) to be blamed for this tragedy happening in the Remnant Church…

6 Likes

Frank –
Exercise gym for Sunday keepers [LOL].
Is there music? or is it just a quiet place? Many prefer quiet.
Walking on a tread mill on Sabbath would be safer for some rather
than on some sidewalk areas or dirt paths.
So might be used by SDAs with their earbuds listening to “Sabbath
music”.
An Eliptical would imitate climbing around on hills.
PS- Some machines also allow one to keep up with their heart
rate, so one can modify their activity better.

3 Likes

The purge that began at Glacier View is now bearing its intended fruit. What a joke Brinsmead attempted to make a case for a final generation that did not include progression to perfection. (Cleansing of the soul temple as the heavenly was complete Darkness)Neal Wilson used Des Ford to straighten out Brinsmead. Not then knowing that Des rejected the standard take on Daniel 8:14.
So the church is back at the divide of Answers-to Questions on Doctrine. Andersean has won with a vengence.

4 Likes

Made in America religion is all self centered. Be it Christian Science, Mormonism,Adventism, ,J. Witness, Dispensationalism, prosperity Gospel, What ever happened to —My Faith Looks up to Thee?

2 Likes

Even the title is offensive: “Living Above the Crowd [above the unwashed masses who worship on the wrong day and honor the Pope - the Antichrist himself]”

2 Likes