Defending Last Generation Theology

Continuing the discussion from Defending Last Generation Theology:

Sorry Steve. Rev. 21:25…there shall be no nite there.

1 Like

Jeremy, in my life, I dare say I have likely read her a lot more than you.
And, I get it. She just wasnt what she was advertized to be. Not wrong on everything or right on everything. Kinda like the rest of us but most of us dont claim visions.
Sola Scriptura is the only safe path and not “extra biblical” added info by anyone. That’s what I get!

4 Likes

David –
Yes, it was a “tongue in cheek” play on words. Apparently be like some cities
here on earth busy with music groups around the clock. Walking around the
“river walk”, playing in the parks. Huge square mileage to investigate. Too
much to do for staying home. Be safe to just nap under some tree. Will be
OK to be “homeless” up there.

1 Like

When someone says, as Jeremy @vandieman) did some time ago, that the SOP actually contains the whole Bible, therefore reading the SOP would be sufficient… well, what else do we have left to talk about this issue?..

And now this BS (Beautiful Statements) that Jeremy has been making lately, that EGW’s critics are not well read of her writings. Geesh…I won’t even comment further on this absurdity.

2 Likes

But one thing I admire about EGW: her ability to write new “boox” after her death. Post-mortem writings…
Maybe after all the immortality of the soul is true… :wink:

3 Likes

It seems that Steve @niteguy2 is not aware that the new earth will not be rotating around itself or around the Sun, and that the population will live only on the side of the globe turned toward the Sun…
:innocent:

1 Like

George –
Is it ONLY talking about that HUGE piece of territory called the New Jerusalem?
Measure it out. Put it on the map over the Mediterranean. HUGE!!
Doesn’t seem to say anything about the rest of the earth [actually they probably
DID NOT know about the rest of the earth].
Doesn’t say anything about seasons either. Fall, Summer, Winter, Spring in
parts of the world. A lot of plants are dependent on the location of the earth with
the sun in order to do “their thing”. Even different summer months here in US have
their particular flowers and particular colors of flowers. Some like it hot, some HAVE
to have it cool or cold to bloom.
Even the trees in autumn in order to kill the cholorphyll in the leaves and show the
xanthene colors need the sun rays at a particular way. And then drop their leaves
for their “long winter nap”.
The sun, and earth orbiting are 2 very important activities since the “spirit of God
was on the face of the waters that covered the earth.”

Do you recall Ellen saying how sad Adam was with the 1st falling leaf? Did God NOT
instruct Adam and Eve on the scientific principals of HOW the earth and sun worked
together??? I have always thought about that since I took Biology in college and
studied trees and leaves and their role in making sugar.
MAYBE 3[three] “homes”. One in the New Jerusalem, a “summer home”, a “winter
home” [for winter sports]. Maybe the Tectonic Plates will stay quiet for eternity. :slightly_smiling_face:
Of course, their activity DOES make ski slopes in winter, rock faces to climb in summer.
The 5-10,000 ft vistas from which to view the world.
I don’t believe Ellen enjoyed those thoughts and ideas.

1 Like

HaHA Steve. Tell me more when you figure out all those details!.. :wink:

1 Like

why not just read Testimonies to Ministers and Gospel Workers…the fact that you tried to glean ministerial advice from an iconic volume like Desire of Ages suggests a general lack of familiarity with and knowledge of how to use egw’s writings…

I know right? At least he went for the red books and didn’t go looking in the one with red letters :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

While I don’t usually read your posts or respond to you, since you overtly refuse to use English properly for some reason no one understands…

Wow. This judgemental assertion is flat wrong. Harry is well read and devoted to understanding Ellen. He spent a lot of years researching actual facts and such related to Ellen, and that’s where his expert understanding of her comes from.

Since I’ve been out of SDA school and no longer forced to read Ellen, I haven’t. I’ve had quite enough of the red boox, thank you very much. IMO the correct way to read Ellen is to carefully close the red book in my hands and then file it in the round file next to the Pacific Union Recorder.

8 Likes

[quote=“vandieman, post:233, topic:18120”]
…lack of familiarity with and knowledge of.

Do you really feel argumentum ad hominem is productive?

3 Likes

Don’t you think that a complete “manual” should be provided on “how to use” those writings?.. :innocent: It could certainly be helpful… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s not productive, it’s rather stupidum:innocent:

The main problem with Jeremy @vandieman is that he reputes himself as a superior “expert” on EGW, and actually talks down to others as if nobody came any close to HIS knowledge of EGW’s production. He probably believes that even EGW could benefit from his interpretations of her writings… :innocent:

2 Likes

Tim, maybe you missed that, but he @vandieman finally explained it a few months ago: many gays write this way, for the reason of…, (I actually forgot). Very strange, and a disrespect to the Language and to the readers. But, apparently he doesn’t care, even if referring to God, Jesus, etc. Very strange.

2 Likes

Lazy pinky finger? Can’t be bothered to press the Shift key.

3 Likes

It seems that Steve @niteguy2 is not aware that the new earth will not be rotating around itself or around the Sun, and that the population will live only on the side of the globe turned toward the Sun…
:innocent:

I have confidence that Steve @niteguy2 will find himself on the rite side.

1 Like

… next to the Pacific Union Recoder. That made me laugh. Like you that is exactly where mine goes.

1 Like

Preformatted textContinuing the discussion from Defending Last Generation Theology:

If we’re talking about a calendar we would be talking a HUGE span of time. The secret to any practical calendar is to find the average lunation and the solar year over a very long period of time. We have that now thanks to pope Gregory, science, and astronomy. What we also need to know is the length of a furlong as a unit of time. There are two instances in revelation where a furlong is used. That’s all we need; two equations to find one unknown!

1 Like

Desire of Ages is what opened my eyes to Ellen’s errors. She suggested that Judas didn’t have to go as it was written of him. What did Christ say to Peter in Matt. 16:21-23 when he tried to say, “this shall not happen to You.”

From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to you!” But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

Also in the Desire of Ages she tries to make Mattew’s quote of Isaiah into a doctrinal statement on the nature of Christ.

These issues along with others like Ellen’s strange behavior, plagiarism, and harsh criticisms of others, brought out in the “Adventist Current” periodicals of the '80s put me into a crisis of faith. I wasn’t raised Adventist but came to believe it to be the truth and EGW to be a prophet. As painful as it was, I am a lot better off having gone through that ordeal.

2 Likes