Dr. Desmond Ford Passes to His Rest

Obviously, your university theology department learned from what happened at Southern where those who embraced Righteousness by Faith were fired and replaced.

RBF, the main message of Ford’s opposed by the G.C. administrators, argued against perfectionism championed by Brinsmead.

Now, many Adventist University professors are champions of RBF. Thankfully.

@Sojourner are you familiar with the Merikay Silver case? Another one in which the G.C. administration championed the wrong cause and lost the case in court, making things right for the first time equally paying women.

(Johnny Carson) #62

Thought you might be interested in this bit of wisdom that I just now stumbled upon:

Man is a religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only religious animal that has the true religion–several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t right. ~ Mark Twain

Quite apropos, yes?

I have never met Dr Desmond Ford in person, but having on some occasions listened to some of his presentations especially as they relate to the gospel, shows that he understands and knows what it means to have salvation by grace through faith in Jesus.

I believe Desmond’s Fords impact under God will be the salvation of thousands of people who may not have otherwise perhaps understood the gospel.It matters little how he was treated by the SDA Church or by anyone else for that matter- the fact that he stood for principle and exemplified the life of Jesus is what really matters,

I believe that the Lord will bless thousands if not millions through the life and work of Dr Desmond Ford. - His greatest legacy- to point men and women to Jesus Christ- the Lamb of God, the Saviour of the world.

May this be our legacy also- to uplift Jesus Christ as the One alone who can save, heal and give salvation.’ Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved,’

Andrew 123

(Elmer Cupino) #64

The answer demands a yes or no. Qualifications such as “I believe” is not permitted. The question stands unanswered, "Did any of Dr. Ford’s views discredit the Bible?

I am not a bible scholar so I will request direct and unequivocal supporting biblical evidence without requiring mental gymnastics.

(George Tichy) #65

Ford’s detractor will forever keep accusing him of horrific things. There is such a lack of decency in this process that I can’t believe they are actually Christians. But one thing they cannot prove, that he taught something contrary to the Bible’s teachings. His teachings are based on the Bible. What they will not find is teachings based on extra-biblical sources.

Don’t expect significant responses to your question from people who usually never read what he published. Not even the Glacier View document.