Ellen White Letter Discovered at Pacific Union College; Experts Confirm Authenticity

(Johnny Carson) #62

I’m sure at some future point some portion of the content of this letter will end up published in a little red book and quoted as a thus saith the Lord. Idolatry of the highest (or lowest?) order.

Ministry of Healing

We are prone to look to our fellow men for sympathy and uplifting, instead of looking to Jesus.

In His mercy and faithfulness, God often permits those in whom we place confidence to fail us, in order that we may learn the folly of trusting in man and making flesh our arm.

Let us trust fully, humbly, unselfishly in God. He knows the sorrows that we feel to the depths of our being, but which we cannot express.

When all things seem dark and unexplainable, remember the words of Christ, “What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.” John 13:7.

On Rejecting the Spirit of Prophecy
(Frank Peacham) #64

In reading this letter it is clear that EGW believed the spiritual condition of the church was directly related to members fully accepting her ministry. Not lip service out of respect, but actually carrying out the counsels on diet, dress, recreation, education and health reform while gaining victory over every inherited and cultivated sin. In other words, the spiritual condition of the church is not foremost dependent on devotion to the NT–but to her witness, writings and books.

Why? She believed that her counsels carried truth to a higher level for the last generation. For they are to prove to the universe that God’s laws are just (perfect) in the witness of a group of people that live, by faith and grace, a blameless life. To gain this victory she believed one must be a vegetarian, for meat eating anamalizes (sexualizes) the human nature. (I am so glad I don’t eat any meat–except occasionally some fish which I hope does not loosen my self-control.)

Frank, is this your view? Sometimes you post provocative EGW statements, and it’s unclear where you stand.

(George Tichy) #66

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
WOW! I never heard this fascinating chapter about EGW before. Maybe she should have written some letters to herself as well… :roll_eyes:

(George Tichy) #67

I recommend seeing a good mental health professional to help figuring it out!.. LOL
@elmer_cupino @cincerity

(George Tichy) #68

This letter may actually have been intended to be found only in our days. It may have some special message encrypted in some mysterious way.
It’s sad that Kevin Paulson cannot come here and “interpret” it for us. Maybe @ajshep can do it?.. :wink:
This unfinished letter may actually become a full red book in itself. If just someone at the WE could write the rest of it… Maybe sooner than we can expect… :roll_eyes:

(Carolyn Wesner) #69

EGW was obviously never a farmer, though she should have know better, being a down-Maine girl surrounded by plenty of hardscrabble rocky-soil smallholders. The only way to achieve this dreamy ideal would be financial subsidies from off-farm income and subsidized ‘helpers’. So pie-in-the-sky and out of touch.

(Cfowler) #70

Seems that Ellen White had this situation at Elmshaven…

But, as you say, this would never be the reality for most people.

(Elmer Cupino) #71

This 2-page letter with proper editing and commentary should develope into an easy 5 Volume series and should sell without skipping a beat and bring revenue to the church. Let’s wait and see what happens…

(Elmer Cupino) #72

I see no reason why there should be no “good or bad crazy.” After all we have a “perfect good and bad.”

@cfowler

(Kim Green) #73

I not so sure that he might be wrong…after all, Adventism certainly has some unique beliefs. Remove those and what would there be left??? :slight_smile:

(Kim Green) #74

Thanks for the laugh…Que sera, sera. :wink:

(Kim Green) #75

"(It goes without saying, there is no reason for any SDA to put any stock in someone who says, “Namaste.”)"

Or…it could be the sign of another prophetess among us! :slight_smile:

(Frank Peacham) #76

I think it is very clear where I stand on some issues. Yet does it really make a difference?

(George Tichy) #77

… and it goes,
Aquilo que for será…
LOL

(Kim Green) #78

…mas y mas… :joy:

(Kim Green) #79

How about…“Perfectly Crazy”? One should really strive to be the most of what one can be! :grin:

(Harry Elliott) #80

It has been a cat-and-mouse game from the beginning. One would have to convince Arthur White or equivalent that no criticism would result, then use them without copying them.

Meanwhile, so-called “manuscript releases” have been painstakingly sanitized and then, at last, set free. The first case was a very early letter from EGW to Joseph Bates, with the last page(s) missing.

Thank heavens for the Mormons–I mean the COJCOLDS. I take some consolation in the evidence that they mess around with their primary sources, too.

(Cfowler) #81

I don’t why anyone would trust anything they would have to say, since so much has been hidden/changed. If only one thing was hidden or changed, that’s enough for me to not trust anything.

The old adage comes to mind…

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you.

Unfortunately, it’s been far more than twice!