Embedding Last Generation Theology in Sabbath School Lessons

(Steve Mga) #321

Harrpa – [Many mansions" “plenty of room”] Have to ask Jesus to “Please,
be a little more specific. thanks.”

(Beverley Joseph ) #322

I am not a theologian or a Bible scholar but that does not prevent me from having a clear understanding of the Bible and the SOP.

According to Patriarch and Prophets page 85, " The godly character of this prophet [Enoch] represents the state of holiness which must be attained by those who shall be 'redeemed ’ from the earth (Revelation 14:3) at the time of Christ’s second advent."

Bible verses that make references to the state of God’s end time people and support the comment by Sister White are Rev. 14:5, 1John 3:3, 2Peter 3: 11-14, and John 3: 2-3.

This state of holiness will not be the means of salvation for those alive at the second advent but a result of their salvation by grace through faith.

Of course the enemy does not like this truth, so he has done much to distort it.

Our goal in life as a Christian is to remain connected to Christ and His responsibility is to present us blameless at His coming. Let’s keep our eyes focus on Him, the author and finisher of our faith.

(Kim Green) #323

"This state of holiness will not be the means of salvation for those alive at the second advent but a result of their salvation by grace through faith."

Let’s say that this is so…but to really make this a theological point is, well- pointless. One never knows if they (or any one else) is “perfected” (if this is indeed possible). Our only surety is to strive to “remain connected to God”.

(C. Evans) #324

Oh I think there are plenty of people who fill qualified to judge who is perfected.

(Kim Green) #325

Yes. :smiley: They alone have the “Truth”. Problem is…it appears as if the “Truth” has not set them free! :wink:

(C. Evans) #326

Just hearing someone say they or we have the “Truth” makes me run away.

(Kim Green) #327

Oh…is that what happened?? :rofl:

(C. Evans) #328

I think I ran away for many other reasons but that we have the truth sure didn’t help. But alas, free at last free at last.

(George Tichy) #329

I wonder why those who already reached the “perfect state” are not to be seen anywhere. Where are they? There must be some “ripe fruits” somewhere! How successful has the LGT ministry been in making those “saints?”

I sure would like to be introduces to one of them. Just one would do it… :roll_eyes:

(George Tichy) #330

I wonder if that perfect group has some kind of coded shake of hands that they can identify each other when they meet… :roll_eyes:

(Steve Mga) #331

C .E. –
About the only body of truth is this –

1. God so loved that They made the world.
  2. God so loved that One of them lived with the Israelites for 40 years,
    and sometimes they Did Not care about that.
  3. God so loved that one of them became Human, lived among us for 33 years.
  4. God so loved that Christ live, Christ died, Christ arose, Christ is coming back.
  5. We have the Holy Spirit to help us prepare for that Life with God.
  6. The Holy Spirit speaks to us through the Scriptures about that Life with God,
    living that life with God. The Holy Spirit actually prays our prayers with us.

(Kim Green) #332

You mean like the Mormons? lol Maybe there is even special “underwear” that we can’t see. :grin:

Is there a consensus among SDA theologians on the use/quotation of ancient books that did not make it into the bible?

For example. 1 Enoch was quoted in Jude.

Jude 1:14–15
It was also about these that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, “See, the Lord came with ten thousands of his holy ones, to execute judgment on all, and to convict everyone of all the deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

1 Enoch 1:9
Behold, he comes with ten thousand holy ones to execute judgment upon all, and he will destroy all the ungodly and convict all flesh of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed, and of all the arrogant and hard words which sinners have uttered against him.

(Elmer Cupino) #334

In reality, this LGT doctrine of being able to achieve a perfect state that will equal Jesus’ is a derivative of normal childhood narcissism never corrected and unresolved. Children with unresolved narcissism acquire traits such as arrogance and domineering, grandiose, preoccupied with success and power, lack empathy, belief of being unique, sense of entitlement, demands excessive admiration and exploits others. Its etiology has more to do with infantile developmental issues fueled and fertilized by religious factors. When these traits are seen as unacceptable these individuals are normally seen in mental health clinics because the traits have negatively influenced their interpersonal relationships and they cannot “connect the dots.” When these traits are interpreted as a blessing, these individuals can become leaders as in religious settings and in the political arenas. Treating the fundamental defects can yield more success than just “correcting” the behaviors. Just ask our psychologists in residence George @GeorgeTichy, Kim @cincerity and Patti @pattigrant

(C. Evans) #335

In truth one can only feel sorry for the LGT people and their set of beliefs. Somewhere there must be a personality trait that causes us to think that we can reach the top of any mountain. Be it politics, religion, work career or interpersonal relationships if we feel that the best or the top remains with them and them only we witness the results.

(Cfowler) #336

I think some personality types are more susceptible to rigid thinking and living, but there is also a fair amount of indoctrination. Spiritual indoctrination can be some of the most potent (I’m guessing) because of the threat of losing salvation if a certain path, or doctrine, isn’t followed.

I feel sorry for them too! They are very imprisoned by this belief.

(C. Evans) #337

So if the top of the mountain is perfection which can only be a perfect life, what happens to the rest of us? What happens to those who live and die yet never get the opportunity to be perfect? Never been even exposed to the “truth”? Does God dismiss them out of hand

(Johnny Carson) #338

It’s just so criminal, the damage they do to vulnerable people! I’ve watched it happen. It happened to me for awhile when I was in my late teens and fell under the influence of some LGT faithful, although it wasn’t called that at the time. The potential to mess up people’s lives with this nonsense is enormous. No matter how convincing their doctrine seems to be, it’s dangerous at best.

(Cfowler) #339

“When the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.” Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own.

I don’t know Chuck…we need some LGTers to explain how this all works. :thinking:

(Cfowler) #340

I can’t imagine what it must have been like to live with that belief. It’s spiritual abuse, even though most people promoting it are unaware of this, I’m guessing. Yes, it is dangerous!