Ervin Taylor Passes to His Rest

(Spectrumbot) #1
Published:May 10, 2019

Adventist Today has announced that Dr. Ervin Taylor passed away on May 9, 2019, at the age of 81. Taylor, who co-founded Adventist Today in 1993 and served on its board until his death, had recently been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer.

We mourn the loss of Dr. Taylor and offer our condolences to his family and friends. More information about his life can be found on the Adventist Today website.

Alisa Williams is managing editor of SpectrumMagazine.org

Image credit: Facebook.com

We invite you to join our community through conversation by commenting below. We ask that you engage in courteous and respectful discourse. You can view our full commenting policy by clicking here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/9612

Dr. Taylor dedicated his life to helping people love God with their minds. My prayer is that his family will find comfort in a remembrance of a life well lived and in a commitment to focus on God’s amazing grace.

(Kim Green) #3

I always appreciated his comments/articles through the years.

May those who loved him be comforted…thank-you for sharing him with us.

(Charles Scriven) #4

Ervin Taylor fought for intellectual accountability in Adventism. As with nearly all establishments, religious, political or otherwise, official Adventism put up resistance to his efforts. But Dr. Taylor persisted, leaving a legacy we all may emulate.

A struggle such as he took up is never easy. But it is honest, and therefore it is admirable.

Chuck

(Matthew Quartey) #5

What talent. What loss. But talent well used. He will be missed.

(Ian m fraser) #6

One of the greatest scientists in Adventistism

(Clifford Goldstein) #7

Am truly going to miss my good friend Erv. Already do.

(George Tichy) #8

A great thinker. Always enjoyed his comments. Will miss his input.
May God comfort the family and friends.

(Ken) #9

I am very sad at the loss of Dr. Ervin Taylor. I am a Pastor from Australia who always enjoyed what he had to say. May he rest in Christ after such a fruitful life. May Christ bless his family.