Faithfulness in Christian Lifestyle Theme of 2019 Annual Council — Day 1

And if this happens (canonization of EGW) the Adventists will have to forever give up their derision of the Catholic’s veneration of Mary…because they will be doing the same with Ellen.

The tighter they squeeze to solidify SDA theology via EGW- the more common sense they lose. However, it has never stopped the Powers That Be yet…

6 Likes

At least it’s a woman in both cases :rofl:
(But forget about SDA WO and RCC female priesthood.)
@cincerity

6 Likes

The crazy things is, this has always been the case. It’s never admitted publicly, in fact it’s denied, but we all know her writings are what the church is based on. I guess I can appreciate finally being honest about it. But, I can understand that a lot of people will be upset by the actually putting it in official statements. It will be interesting to watch the drama unfold.

I was watching the meetings this morning (didn’t see it all), but one of the changes in the policy was regarding employment. The previous wording was that the person had to be an Adventist. It was changed to “qualified Adventist”. The question is, what constitutes a qualified SDA? Proper understanding of EGW’s position in the church? Correct diet? Jewelry? The list could be endless.

10 Likes

You do have a point with the woman thing…:laughing:

We will have to add in the Priesthood of the LDS as well. Patriarchal religions all.

1 Like

Yes, I agree that it has always been a de facto truth…not spoken directly of but implemented always.

“Qualified” will mean that there will be a “proper” procedure to vet that the individual believes 100% in the 28 FBs and unfailing and unwavering faith in the prophetic gifts of EGW. Tightening of the nooses…

4 Likes

For sure. I can imagine faithful tithe paying as a big one too.

4 Likes

Of course, this is always a given…it starts with church office nominations. You must “pay to play”. :wink:

4 Likes

Here’s part of the statement:

“As delegates to the 2020 General Conference Session in Indianapolis, Indiana, we express our conviction that the Bible is the inspired and revealed Word of God. Through the Holy Scriptures, God has revealed Himself and His will to humanity. The whole Bible is inspired and must be understood as a whole in order to arrive at correct conclusions as to the truth on any revealed topic. The Bible is reliable in what it affirms. Its record of creation in six literal days, the fall of human beings, a global flood to destroy wickedness and preserve a remnant, as well as God’s numerous interventions in history for the salvation of human beings are trustworthy reports of God’s acts in history.”

Ted & team are doing everything they can to drag the church into the past and to alienate every thinking person, especially the young and the educated.

To put it nicely, their approach to the bible is sophomoric at best.

4 Likes

I’ll be leading the parade.

2 Likes

You’d think, but I expect they’ll just blithely deny it’s the same. I’d rather have Mary.

Or they could mean someone with actual qualifications for the job at hand.

Seems unlikely, though.

In that case the majority of their hires will either be diluted or uninformed or liars.

2 Likes

At least the RCC makes it directly clear that she is “Divine” instead of the Adventists beating around trees and bushes to make the same claim for Ellen.

3 Likes

“In that case the majority of their hires will either be diluted or uninformed or liars.”

Suffice it to say…there will be positions that will be harder and harder to fill.

2 Likes

You will enjoy this tidbit…

TW was wearing a fairly large gold “C” on his lapel. He told the group that it represented “Creation Sabbath”. Then he added that the 4th Sabbath of Oct. will be “Creation Sabbath”.

So, my question for you Tim, will you be sporting a “C” pin on the 4th Saturday of October? :wink:

Well, since the very concept of “creation sabbath” is made up, and not in scripture, it might be more appropriate to wear a large B and S.

3 Likes

LOL!

It just gets more and more contrived and foolish!

3 Likes

MC Ted, yo. :radio: :laughing:
Couldn’t resist.
Now, I’m back to loving all the brethren.

edit: Jewelry allowed, yay. Just not in the noses, ears, or around the neck.

6 Likes

The New World Translation (1950; 1961) is the anonymous work of the “New World Bible Translation Committee.” Jehovah’s Witnesses claim that the anonymity is in place so that the credit for the work will go to God. (Which has the added benefit of keeping the translators from any accountability for their errors and prevents real scholars from checking their academic credentials.)

Whereas, The Remnant Study Bible (2009) is not a translation. It utilizes the New King James Version translation of the Bible and strategically adds EGW comments wherever appropriate. Interestingly, " the actual selection of those comments was accomplished by an all-volunteer team of contributors from all walks of life." “…contributors with varying backgrounds and life pursuits, theologians and housewives, pastors and laymen, older Christians and younger ones – people of many viewpoints and at various stages in their spiritual experience.”

1 Like

George –
I like the New World Translation!
Mine is very handy. Hand-size. Good explanations about Jesus and the
1st Century times with color pictures. Hebrew calendar. Maps. Architect
drawings of Solomon’s Temple. Languages and Dialects containing the
Divine Name in the Main Text of the Christian Greek Scriptures.[over
120 languages]. Glossary of Bible Terms. Concordance called Word
Index.
Best of all – soft cover.
Mel – I prefer the New King James most of the time over the King James
as a study bible. Sentence structure is better in many places.

1 Like

WHAT DAY in 4004 did Ussher say Creation was?
Was it October 23 at 9 a.m.?
One day After October 22?
Maybe October 22 ENDS the calendar year.
October 23 BEGINS the calendar year.

1 Like

Kate –
Don’t FORGET engagement watches with visible diamonds.
No diamond rings though.
Men – Rolex watches are OK.

1 Like