Global Adventist Conversations: Episode 5, Part 1

In this episode, Spectrum Magazine Executive Director Alexander Carpenter talks with Admiral Ncube, PhD, André Kanasiro, MA, and Kevin McCarty, MA about the current state of the Seventh-day Adventist church, as well as their hopes for the future of the church.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/11918
2 Likes

Greatly entertaining - and refreshing.

The answer to all the problems discussed is to find a way of moving the church out of the 19th century and making it relevant - and it doesn’t need to be a week of navel gazing. I’m not holding my breath til it happens - done that for over sixty years, and that’s before I gave up on the whole thing.

This question isn’t about “how to keep people in the church”. It’s about giving the folk what they need, and they will stay. Many members retain their lifelong connection to the church because their life routines rotate around it, and it would be too much of an upheaval to change; so, it all becomes a social enterprise, with the spiritual aspect left for us to deal with individually.

All movements start with noble agendas, and drift into self-preservation.

Don’t tell Ted. He won’t have it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.