God's Character and the Last Generation: An Interview with Dr. Jiří Moskala

(Spectrumbot) #1

As Seventh-day Adventists, our preaching, teaching, and our lives reflect our hope, belief, and anticipation of the soon return of Christ. As we consider the great controversy theme, we realize that God has called us to a special relationship with Him. We recognize that the 1950s were a watershed moment for our church. The ensuing discussions and sometimes controversies that have come from that period reflect a deep desire to understand the role of God’s people in the last generation before Christ’s return. Sometimes those discussions have led to extreme positions.

About four years ago, I was sitting on the back row next to Dr. Jiří Moskala, dean of the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary at Andrews University, at the General Conference Annual Council. We began a conversation about Last Generation Theology and concluded that there had never been a definitive work on this topic. Dr. Moskala began assembling a group of scholars in various areas of theological disciplines. As I read the manuscript it was clear that this book covers many of the most important aspects of living a Christ-like life in the last generation.

Question: Dr. Moskala, you are one of the editors and contributors to the book, God’s Character and the Last Generation, so I would like to ask you several questions about the birth of this very important publication for Adventism. First, what made you and the other authors feel a necessity to write this book?

Answer: Many distorted ideas regarding end-time issues and what is needed to be ready for the Second Coming of Christ circulate among our church members today. The purpose of this book is to clarify the meaning and the effects of Jesus Christ’s death on the cross for us. This decisive victory over Satan and his power not only has results for our life today, but has cosmic dimensions for the security of God’s government. We cannot add anything to Christ's victory, but we can experience it, as well as live it, by the power of the Holy Spirit and His Word.

Why is this book needed now?

Adventists strongly believe that Jesus is coming soon. Therefore, our lives should be Christ-centered and not fear-centered. They must be hope, love, and faith-centered—not achievement-centered. Living in the last days has to be always God-centered and not human-centered. We should be led by the firm Word of God supported by the writings of Ellen White and not by speculation and calculation. The Bible gives us full assurance and joy of salvation, which brings balance to our Christian beliefs and service to the world. We humans have no power to be the last proof in God’s arsenal to defeat Satan and thus close the Great Controversy, because Satan was already defeated on the cross. We can only participate and walk in this decisive and non-repeatable triumph of Christ over the powers of evil. An Adventism which is not cross-centered is not true Adventism at all.

Please share a little about the authors and what they bring to the book.

Twelve Andrews University professors, mainly from the Theological Seminary, each contribute a chapter with a specific theme related to crucial issues dealing with God’s character of love, salvation, and the end time. Topics such as sin, justification, sanctification, perfection, last generation lifestyle, Christ as our Savior and/or example, and why the delay of the Second Coming are discussed in depth from a fresh biblical perspective.

Who is this book aimed at?

This book deals with the theological understanding, lifestyle, and choices pertinent to those who believe that they live at the time of the end. Pastors—and indeed, every church member today—face unprecedented conditions that demand a sound interpretive approach to life in the end-time. We all need to carefully examine different views in light of biblical teachings. So I believe that this publication will serve well an entire spectrum of readers across the Adventist Church.

How will this book help individual members, pastors, and leaders in our church?

The book navigates the reader through the labyrinth of different opinions existing in the church today—especially ideas related to last generation theology—and presents a very balanced biblical interpretation of these hotly debated topics. It will help readers gain a sound understanding of relevant issues in a coherent way so that they can be powerful, joyful witnesses for God in all their different activities in life. For the first time a book has been published which explores in a comprehensive way this crucial theme of how to live in the end-time.

What does it mean to recognize that Christ's atonement on the cross is complete, but needs to be completed?

The cross of Jesus is a unique, non-repeatable, unparalleled, and all-powerful event that lies at the heart of Seventh-day Adventist theology. Nothing can replace the centrality and ultimate importance of Christ's death. None of our actions can improve or add anything to this once-for-all work of God on our behalf. The cross secured our salvation. Atonement is thus “complete” on the cross, but not yet “completed,” because it needs to be applied to our lives, bring victory over sin, transform our characters, and totally eradicate evil. All these benefits flow out from Christ’s unselfish sacrifice for us on Calvary. But the full harmony of the universe will be restored only when God establishes the New Earth where death will no more exist.

What is the meaning of Christ’s intercessory ministry and the pre-advent Judgment?

The intercessory ministry of Christ brings the benefits of the cross into our lives. Because Christ died for us and now lives and intercedes for us, He is able to apply to us the results of His death: He is able to save us completely. He helps us in our everyday struggles and brings us victory over sin. This experience of salvation is the outcome of His work for us in the heavenly sanctuary. When we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, then God is for us and never against us. “There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1). We are His, and no one can ever separate us from the love of God. The pre-advent judgment brings the final solution to the problem of sin. As our High Priest, Christ affirms in front of the universe our allegiance to Him and thus secures our place in heaven for all eternity. He reveals and demonstrates to angels and the heavenly beings that His amazing grace has made us fit into heaven to become an integral part of the heavenly family. Soli Deo Gloria!

God’s Character and the Last Generation is available at your local Adventist Book Center, from the ABC online, as an eBook, and on Amazon.

Dale E. Galusha is president of the Pacific Press Publishing Association.

Image courtesy of Pacific Press.

We invite you to join our community through conversation by commenting below. We ask that you engage in courteous and respectful discourse. You can view our full commenting policy by clicking here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/8748

(Phillip Brantley) #2

There are several lessons that come to mind as we think about the heresy of Last Generation Theology:

1. It is dangerous for the Seventh-day Adventist Church when a solitary individual exercises exceeding power and influence. ML Andreasen did exactly that as he promoted the theory he created, Last Generation Theology. Samuele Bacchiocchi, who popularized within the Church the heresy of male headship theory, is another who comes to mind. It will take many generations to undo the damage to the Church these solitary individuals have caused. The best approach is to produce good scholarship, and if it has legs, let it run, but you should be careful not to get ahead of the scholarly community and politick directly to uninformed and gullible Church members.
  2. The years between 1915 (the year of Ellen White’s death) and 1957 (the year Questions on Doctrine was published) can be considered the Dark Ages of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. This is the time period when the Church lurched toward fundamentalism and when the heresy of Last Generation Theology was created.
  3. Andreasen’s behavior during the last five years of his life was appalling and offensive. His ministerial credentials were rightfully suspended. He reconciled with the Church three days before his death, and that reconciliation certainly covers over a multitude of sins. But we are again reminded that what is so aberrant about Last Generation Theology is that its promoters and adherents are just as steeped in sin as the rest of us. The question, “Who are the particular Seventh-day Adventists living in the last generation who have overcome sin?” is a question that has never been answered.

(Harry Elliott) #3

This makes perfect sense, but requiring Jesus to dress in the garb of Aaron and imitate rites designed for him appears to be groundless. For one thing, there was no judging on the Day of Atonement because the atonement was for ALL of the sins and ALL of the sinfulness of ALL of the people. The very idea that rituals on earth were predictive of rituals in heaven trivializes Jesus’ role.

16 And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in ALL their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.

21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him ALL the iniquities of the children of Israel, and ALL their transgressions in ALL their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:
22 And the goat shall bear upon him ALL their iniquities… (Leviticus 16)

What part of “ALL” can’t we understand? The passage doesn’t say that Aaron will first perform an investigative judgement and then make atonement for only the people who had confessed their sins and repented. What our pioneers thought was the final step of atonement was the corporate confession of ALL of Israel’s sins upon the head of the scapegoat and its banishment, bearing ALL of the sins and sinfulness of the congregation. The final act of atonement, we teach, is the foreshadowing of Satan bearing the forgiven sins of the world! Even Adventists are uneasy about this interpretation, but we accept the day as a detailed prophecy of what is being accomplished on our behalf. Will Jesus say again that it is finished?

But He can’t, even yet! There are still two of the atonement animals waiting in the courtyard to be sacrificed! Their demise (also called atonement) at this juncture shows us that the Day of Atonement must have been for the Jews only and using it to explain the unexplainable simply doesn’t work. Without knowing it, we have required the ultimate action of the our atonement to be another sacrifice of our Lord!

Trying to force the Old Covenant to be a description of the New Covenant overstepped our abilities.

(Kenneth Neal) #4

Yes, there was judging on the day of atonement, it was simply not the judging that the SDA Church has always taught. My beloved church teaches several blasphemous errors about the sanctuary service, such as the laver supposedly representing cleansing from sin and the blood sprinkled as supposedly representing the transfer of sins to the sanctuary; two egregious blasphemies taught by every SDA teacher/pastor/evangelist. The SDA Church has not correctly identified the nature of the Atonement day judging, in part, because it does not teach the truth about the everlasting gospel. Here is the judging that was done on the day of atonement:

“it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD. And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God. For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.”

So, the judging is with regard to who is humbling themselves before Him, and who is lifting himself up. The whole camp has been reconciled to the Father. The whole camp is standing in the salvation they have been given. The whole camp is in possession of salvation because the Priest has given it to them ALL. But some are in the process of discarding it. Those will ultimately be cut off.

This is where the SDA Church perfectly epitomizes Laodicea, in that it teaches the Arminian heresy that those in the camp that are standing in God’s salvation on the anti-typical Day of Atonement are only those who have asked for it. This lifts up man instead of God. But God will not be mocked and false teachers will be sat down. The truth of the gospel is coming to light and will soon light the whole earth with its glory.

(George Tichy) #5

I asked this question probably tens of time to Kevin Paulson @kevindpaulson, always asking him to introduce to us one, at least one person who reached the LGT’s goal.

Though Kevin is the more enthusiastic promoter of this heresy here, he would never reveal who that one, at least one person could possibly be.

I wanna bet that Kevin will try to fight this book - because only his truth is real truth, therefore… But he better not mess with Dr. Jiří Moskala. Those Czechs may become ferocious…How do I know? I am myself Czech, and coincidentally, my name in Czech is also Jiří. Kevin better watch out, now he has to deal with two Czechs… :wink:

Well that’s a Czech-mate! Sorry, slow pitch, couldnt resist :grin:

(George Tichy) #7

LOL… You made my day!!!

(Barry Ford) #8

I traveled to Czechoslovakia when it was still communist and got arrested for not having my passport perforated. Not my fault. Two soldiers marched me down the railway platform and into a small room. I thought I would be shot at dawn as a spy but three hours later when someone who could speak english arrived all was explained to me and I was able to continue on to Prague. Smart people those Czechs beautiful crystal and blanik gliders.

(Barry Ford) #9

Who are the particular Seventh-day Adventists living in the last generation who have overcome sin?” is a question that has never been answered
I did hear of a person that hadn’t sinned for two years, so he claimed but someone suggested to ask his wife for her honest opinion and conformation.

(George Tichy) #10

Yes, you have to be very careful with the Czechs who live in that country even nowadays.
Not the same with those who live in other countries, especially in the US. Those are very reliable, believe me!.. :wink: :innocent:

I know of many who have not sinned for a while. I mean,… since they passed away. … LOL

(Frank Peacham) #11

These are all the nice words and expressions. What confuses me when I look at the history of the Christian movement since the 2nd century–it is as broken as the world at large. The cross has not mellowed human temperament in the Christian world. Look at us as Adventist, we cannot agree among ourselves. None us would clam extensive or nearly complete victory over sin.

So, I ask myself, why do believers become so suddenly perfect in the end-times?

(Bill Garber) #12

Perhaps your statement is the Three Angels Message reread, Frank.

Assuming the three angels combine in a unified event, a simple reading of the Three Angels Message describes the results of the universal proclamation with first-time utter clarity of the everlasting gospel.

The Three Angels Message then describes the results of the proclamation that for the first time establishes exactly what insight among humans?

The everlasting gospel reads: “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

The everlasting gospel in this penultimate proclamation to the Second Coming of Jesus appears to make clear that humanity has no agency with God.

We react to God. God does not react to us.

And thus Babylon, the social construct organized to manage humans’ universally speculative collaboration with God, collapses.

The Saints now newly rescued from such confusion wait patiently, with hope now rooted in the commands of God and made real in the possessing Faith of Jesus.

The saints have become utterly quiescent as affirmingly described by the Third Angel, who is pointing to the Saints while calling after the remnant of Babylon to join the saints rather than to continue mistakenly and personally trudging heavenward on their own muscle power with their own self determination and under a hail of brimstone as though they are accomplishing something that makes them worthy of God’s favor by in some way justifying God by such acts.

I am reminded that it was obvious to Sister White that the Third Angel’s proclamation is justification by faith ‘in verity.’ Anything less is one of the lessons she counts among the ‘many many’ lessons that will be ‘unlearned’ by even Seventh-day Adventists.

That said, such an interpretation is hopeful, rather than declarative. And hope is a good measure of the Holy Spirit at work in one’s life, is it not? Indeed, is it not the promise?

Then, I am reminded of Job, responding to God …

“I know that you can do all things;
no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.

Voting on whether a statement of a bible truth is not the way to know truth … all such votes are something of a denial of the possibility that God’s ways are too wonderful for any of us individually or collectively to know.

(Frank Peacham) #13

Sometimes I think believers can declare a text what they wished it taught. I know that EGW taught that Justification by faith is the 3rd Angels message. But I wonder, if I would be so certain, without her commentary.

It seems to me if I asked a non-SDA to affirm if they could see Justification by faith in the 3 Angels messages–they would find it impossible. It seems that much of Rev 14 is contrary to the concept “by faith alone.” When a believer wants assurance of salvation by faith do they go to Revelation or Romans?

“If anyone worships the beast and its image… will drink the wine of God’s fury…They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb…their torment will rise for ever and ever." [Is it in this verse?]

“‘Fallen is Babylon the Great,’ which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries.” [Is it in this verse?]

“Fear God and give him glory…” [It is not trust or have faith in God as the bases of glorifying God, it is because judgement day if at hand. Is this grace based or fear based?)

“So the angel swung his sickle over the earth and loaded the grapes into the great winepress of God’s wrath. 20 The grapes were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed from the winepress in a stream about 180 miles[d] long and as high as a horse’s bridle.” [No J. by Faith here]

(Kenneth Neal) #14

Indeed, this is at the core of the everlasting gospel. Man has no agency with God. This is precisely why the third angel’s message is synonymous with righteousness by faith; because righteousness by faith is recognizing that one had nothing to do with being redeemed. ALL the glory goes to God, as the angel commands. Man gets not the tiniest bit of glory; his glory is laid in the dust when it comes to how he was redeemed. And this is why SDAs will have to unlearn the false Arminian gospel which has man playing an active role in receiving redemption/justification.

You offer your interpretations hopefully, and that is awesome, as it provides yet another proof that the true everlasting gospel is being revealed to God’s people around the world. I give these statements declaratively and most emphatically!

The third angel’s message is one of righteousness by faith and it is one that brings assurance of salvation like no other gospel, and one that shows the truth about the relationship between the gospel and the law. Many ask how the third angel’s message is one of justification by faith. Notice the last statement of the third angel: “Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.” The angel makes a distinction between those who are damned because of their choice to worship the beast and those who are not damned and who are standing in the faith of Jesus and whose commandment keeping is wrought in Him (John 3.21). Here is a very brief summary of the everlasting gospel, the law of God, and the correct relationship between these two:

1. Justification and the new birth are one and the same, and are delivered into the heart of every man unbidden and without their consent, as Christ clearly describes to Nicodemus (Titus 3.5, Romans 5.18, John 3.5-8).

2. Christ is delivered into the heart of every human by birthright (John 1.9, Ephesians 1.18). He is Himself the Law Personified. He writes His law (indeed, He engraves Himself!) upon the heart of every man (2 Corinthians 4.6) whether they consent to this or not (Romans 2.15). Those who do not erase what He writes are one day perfected.

3. In the judgement it will be made evident that the only reason any man is condemned is because he disposed of the salvation he was in possession of, and instead turned toward darkness, toward the beast (John 3.19).

Just as Adam’s sin resulted in your condemnation unto eternal death, without your knowledge or consent, so Christ’s death and resurrection resulted in your justification unto eternal life (Romans 5.18, 1 Peter 1.3), without your knowledge or consent. Every human is born saved because what Christ has done overpowers what Adam did! Unfortunately, not every human will remain saved because they can choose to turn away from their own salvation. You are standing in His salvation! You did no more to receive it than Adam did in order to be created. He simply gave it to you because of Who He is and how He loves you! What will you do with it? I pray that you will approach the Light and make it manifest that your good works are His good works worked out in you! John 3.21

(Cfowler) #15

Couldn’t agree more…never understood how the third angel’s message had anything to do with justification by faith.

The first angel has the “everlasting gospel”.

@bill How do you find justification by faith in those texts?

(Bill Garber) #16

@frankpeachamvt @KennethNeal @cfowler … Friends … many thanks for your thoughtful confessions … and for the opportunity to respond in kind …

Is it possible that we are speculating whether upon the development of the Great Controversy, God created humans out of the knowledge that a miniscule number would spiritually evolve to the point that their human character will gloriously so defend God’s character that the Serpent will be destroyed by of all things, human glory? And are we speculating that such evolutionary human achievement will be at the cost having to dispose of the majority of created humanity, who, after lives of quiet desperation, will be reward by the mere wages of sin, eternal death?

I prefer Job’s response to God’s demand …

“I know that you[, God] can do all things;
no purpose of yours can be thwarted.

You[, God] asked[ of me], ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’

Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.

And I am drawn to Paul’s insight of humanity’s experience of spirituality, written to the Corinthians,

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

If, indeed, all that we can come to know is so insubstantial, so incomplete, so inadequate, that it will utterly disappear upon the return of Jesus, I take heart in the sense that we need not attempt to sort truth from error, and the sense that we dare not sort our fellow humans along our own pointless statements of belief.

I feel enriched by Peter’s admonition to the saints in the churches of Asia Minor, all of which were raised up by Paul, as Peter and Paul were living, likely, in their final decade … (1 Peter chp 4)

The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

About the question as to where I see Justification by Faith in Revelation 14. I recently have been sensing the everlasting Gospel of Revelation 14 as describing a God with whom humanity has no agency.

The outcome of which is the obviously impotent saints simply awaiting their fate, if you will, embracing one another amid the proclamations of God’s self-revelation and embraced by the Faith of Jesus.

Meanwhile the Third Angel is calling after the remnant of Babylon still vainly self-justifying their lives by marching heavenward under a hail of brimstone; the Third Angel is calling for the remnant to simply stop the commandment validating and join the impotent saints awaiting the hour of God’s judgement, the hour when God will set to rights the universe he created at the expense, not of billions of evolutionarily failed humans, but at the expense of the Serpent himself. This outcome is the result of some eternally mysterious Divine transaction that ends the war in heaven and results in eternal celebrating in the newly recreated heavens and earth with the unnumbered redeemed humanity.

I am certain that this whole picture that I’ve described will dissolve upon the return of Jesus. It is inevitably all out of kilter with ultimate reality. That said, I feel it powerfully hopeful. And hope, like faith and love, sweep into eternity unmolested by the return of Jesus. Indeed, hope may well be the fountainhead of the glory we give to God upon His judgement-hour work.

The Three Angels’ Message does, indeed, describe those experiencing the return of Jesus as unlike any generation before. But not by their worthiness, as they are the most certain of their unworthiness of all generations of humans, having been rescued from Babylon, following the for-the-first-time-ever and universal clarification of the everlasting Gospel, the proclamation of which by God’s grace literally enables them to welcome the return of Jesus in person. And if so, justification by faith is their core hope. This hope is not as in the roll of some cosmic dice, though, because truly our future offers no choice, no option, as the everlasting gospel of Revelation 14 confirms, we are utterly at the mercy of God, and our hope is that God is utterly merciful. Our hope is built on nothing less that Jesus blood and righteousness, as the hymn goes; justification by faith finally and for eternity is the Three Angels’ Message.

And if so, how can such saints not love one another? After all, being all in this together profoundly reflects Jesus’ all in this with us for eternity kind of love, such love one for another being, by Jesus personal testimony, the solitary identifier of those whom he has made his disciples.

Please note, that what I write will absolutely not survive the return of Jesus, though whatever hope may be engendered by the reading surely promises to not only endure unmolested the return of Jesus, but to be the trigger of a hope unquenchable across eternity.

In some sensed but otherwise inexplainable experience we live by faith, in hope, and with love already now and for eternity one for another as Jesus so loves us … and has since before the creation of the universe and will for all eternity.

Or so it seems … for now …

(Frank Peacham) #17

Thank you for your thoughtful and heartfelt comments. I embrace the concepts of love you have shared as the substance of real faith, I feel my lack of it. I wish, in our humanity, we could come to agreements as to Biblical doctrines, even how that love should be expressed, ideas that define faith and practice. But in no time of history has believers been able to forge a broad based agreement. Luther refused to regard as brothers those who did not see the presence of God in the communion wafer. Calvin and Wesley disagreed while the Puritans disagreed with everyone else.

I think is easy to read into a text what we wished it said. Take the “everlasting gospel,” for example. All throughout the OT it was obey and live. Moses details the results of disobedience, the Kings and Prophets further illustrate God’s punishments on the unfaithful or the heathen. I am not so sure that the generation that died in the wilderness celebrated the love/grace of God over his justice? The SOM tells us if we do not forgive others God will not forgive us. Paul has a list of sins that take us straight to hell. Only in Romans and Galatians it pure J. by faith explained (thank God).

So, taking into account OT & NT–what is the Everlasting Gospel? All the of the above, having its beginning in Eden with the often repeated theme “obey and live.” Now add EGW into the account and she adds hundreds of others things we are to do to please God–how to dress, eat etc. How can this Gospel be defined as “a God with whom humanity has no agency?” It seems to me that the Gospel is bound up with joint efforts between man and God, with different levels of expectations.

(Harry Elliott) #18

Apocalyptic literature can motivate, but it cannot convey fact. The doctrines we have fashioned or confirmed from the chaos of this book are a joke to other denominations, as are theirs to us.

(Bill Garber) #19

Well put, @frankpeachamvt . In my eighth decade now of Seventh-day Adventist association and membership since an early teen, I’ve not only observed what you observe, but aspired to work it out so your wish would be realized, at least within our denomination.

I’ve noticed that others my age have come to realize that there future is not about rightly dividing the word of God, even those I rated as exceptional in doing so, and acknowledging grace at the expense of doctrine.

But, as you note, grace is not articulated by John, or by Moses, but by Paul. So grace is seed for arguments as surely as other doctrine.

Taking the conversation up to the next level, you survey the Old and New Testaments and ponder, “What is the Everlasting Gospel?” Indeed. Does it seem to you, too, that hearing the phrase ‘sharing the Gospel’ over the decades as a Seventh-day Adventist leaves you feeling like the driver of a vehicle stuck in a snow drift of unplowable doctrine?

Well, what I’m interested in is what might be shareable with my neighbor about my experience in church that would leave the two of them grateful for having taken me up on my invitation to check out my Sabbath morning experience with Shirley and me.

What might church be like if we crafted our weekly experience by confessing that we not only do not know, but believe we cannot know God, and that this is what frees us to live hopeful lives as, in our case, Christians, indeed Seventh-day Adventists?

What might that Sabbath experience be like, I’m wondering.

Your thoughts?

Let’s keep in touch … (billgarber@gmail.com)

(George Tichy) #20

The Book - Bad News for LGT

I just started reading the book. So far so good. In a few pages it already defined LGT pretty accurately, showing its main weaknesses and fallacies.

So far worth the reading! I can already envision the LGTarians’ contortions and bitter comments because the book appears to be very straightforward in identifying LGT as being indeed the “old wolf known as perfectionism” that has been rejected several times by Adventists in the past.