How to use Spectrum Conversation

(system) #1

We've launched a new way to comment on Spectrum. It's built on top of an open-source forum software called Discourse. You can read more about how to get started in the articles linked below:

This change is not just costmetic or technical. We hope that moving to Discourse can usher in a new era of civility and community in this online space. Here are some articles written at our launch that set out our hope:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/6258

(jeremy) #2

i think i like discourse better than disqus now…posts just seem to have more visual color, and there are more ways to be precise about what one means…love those smileys that pop up after a colon…perhaps we can expand our repertoire of smileys with a few colors other than yellow, for instance, purple for rage, green for envy, blue for regret, etc…

(Rohan Charlton) #3

Haha yeah.Its made me feel like a bit of a teenager on some newfangled social networking app. Though…a teenager these days would never use the word ‘newfangled’.

So there goes that.

But it kinda feels like Spectrum gone,dare I say it, camp?! :slight_smile:

(jeremy) #4

lol…there’s much about our church that can afford to be more camp…but let’s leave it at that :blush:

(Randy Givens) #5

Is the Private Messaging working yet or am I behind again.

(Zane Yi) #6

I just wanted to check to see if and how this works. Here we go…