Restoration in His sanctuary

And so, I seek to share,

The good news of my treasure

To my community in need

For I am called

Not as a slave to an institution

But to serve Him

Who first loved me

Rebekah Helbley is a wife, mother, and school principal living in Marietta, Georgia. She finds great joy seeing her students flourish in faith and learning.

Photo by Isaac Ordaz on Unsplash

We invite you to join our community through conversation by commenting below. We ask that you engage in courteous and respectful discourse. You can view our full commenting policy by clicking here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/9537
1 Like

Like Jesus who said, “What would you like me to do for you?”
But in meeting that ONE Need/Request He answered so many
other unknown needs of the individual. Needs the individual
could only dream about or NOT dreamed about.

You and your students are treasures to each other. Your children
have a healthy mother in the home and in the church.

3 Likes

“Redeemed how I love to proclaim it, Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.”

5 Likes

I yearn for the day when true revival will fall upon God’s church and more of us will realize that we are saved to serve, not saved to criticize, condemn and abuse those who are struggling along the narrow road.

I am yet to see anyone glide carefree along any difficult road. Pedestrians on a strait road often stumble and even fall along the way. They become weary, exhausted, discouraged and fatigued but because of hope, they keep pressing on. On the other hand, those on the broad, well-paved road are the ones who scurry along, thinking that all is well with them. But let him that thinks he stands, take heed, lest he falls. For wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction and many there be which go in there at, because strait is the gate and narrow is the way which leads unto life and few there be that find it.

May we all endeavor by God’s grace to be our brother’s keeper, to comfort those that mourn, to give to those in need and to reflect the character of Christ in our daily encounters. When we focus on helping others who are stumbling along the way, we’ll be more focused on the individual rather than on the institution. Only then will we truly be God’s true, remnant church. Amen.

3 Likes

Interesting post. As long as you don’t seek financial gain from denominational employment in the church that you are not, we’ll be ok.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.