Kellogg Sells Worthington and Loma Linda Brands

George, I also have two Trader Joe’s within equidistance, but choose to go to the on on "my side of town with which I am or familiar. Have to check it out at east weekly for new things. I LOVE their red pepper tomato soup, the chicken stock is cheaper and good, and for fancy frozen desserts, can’t be beat.

Hey, when know one is looking, in a weak moment, I have been know to open a can of big franks and eat the whole thing.

2 Likes

Wonder how we get a Petition going for Nuteena? I also miss the Olive Spread. The closest we have gotten to Nuteena is Cedar Lake Nutabella. Still not the Original. However, if the new company doesn’t have the old recipe it still won’t be the REAL thing.

3 Likes

Oh, yes, please! The two cases I bought when I heard it was being discontinued have long since disappeared. How can we make our wishes known to them?

1 Like

If its no more than once a year you digestive system may be able to protect you from its cumulative effects. :smiley:

1 Like

Good in the mouth; hard on everything all the way down ;<)

2 Likes

No, no! It’s Numeat! Next to what my grandmother (Kellogg) made from scratch, that’s the best.

What was that, again? Excitement? Who else knows about this?

Elaine, that soup is really superb!
I usually go to the one that is on my left… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once at a church potluck a family came who were unfamiliar with SDA dietry prohibitions. They were also unaware that there was a potluck.so feeling obligated to contribute the father drove to the local KFC and came back with a MEGABUCKET and plopped it right there on the table…

It was one of the first things to go!!
Haha. It was cool.

3 Likes

I hope they go back to the original recipes for Fri-chik, redi burger and big franks.

I do too. I once repaired a tire with a big frank and it lasted several thousand miles, with the old recipe that is.

3 Likes

I prefer REAL frozen chicken tenders, so easy, pop in the over for 15 min. and ENJOY. Having them for dinner today! Together with brown rice and ratatouille.

I congratulate Atlantic for their purchase. Next will be to see if Atlantic steers away from non-organic, genetically modified products. We seldom use the “Adventist” foods any more because they are no longer safe to consume. They are made with glyphosate-laced, genetically modified grains (soy in particular) and are highly processed such that they no longer resemble the natural harvest that comes from the hand of God. Sorry, Adventist brothers and sisters. These brands are no longer fit for human consumption.

2 Likes

While we are sharing our day-dreams and wishes…

Does anyone remember Madison Vigeroast? It was my favorite of all of the “burger type” thingys… much more tasty than redi-burger… and I think much more healthy.

And when you speak of the "original recipes for Fri-chick… just how “original” do you want to go. What I deplore is the change from the totally soy product at the beginning to the one with it’s little bits of gluten in it that is present in ALL of the soy chic now. I recall fondly the very first Worthington Frii-chick both the canned and the frozen… which was called “White meat”…

Is anyone contacting the new company and giving them our “want list”?

I know that many of the meat analogs aren’t the healthiest. If that’s someone’s primary concern they can avoid them altogether. I’m grateful they exist. They’re convenient, quick, & make better sandwiches than lentils—which I love, just not for sandwiches.

These benefits mean that I’m less likely to resort to real meat. I personally find the ethical reasons for vegetarianism much more meaningful & compelling than those focused on just our own nutrition &/or purity.

1 Like

Food and music bind a culture—“meat analogues” and dishes like “Margie’s Roast” or “Special K Loaf” have more than nutritional value. Politicians should recognize this and spend a little less time worrying about demon possession and wine-drinking. Making an ethical case for killing living things because they taste good is a difficult ethical sell—when did the Denomination lose that sensibility?

2 Likes

I would hope they focus on being organic and NON-GMO. The quality and integrity of soy protein is not what it was when Dr Miller took soy milk to China. Gluten free and MSG or MSG analogs free is also a must.

1 Like

I would definitely hope that NON GMO is the password. This has been a stumbling block for many would be users previously. It is about time to make this truly healthy and think more about the consumer than just the profits. America is READY!

1 Like

Does the fear of GMO, and all additives eclipse the much greater KNOWN problem with bacterial contamination: e.coli, and similar very dangerous diseases?

All the stores I shop have an organic section and usually they produce is more wilted, not as fresh and priced higher.

There is ABSOLUTELY no scientific evidence that GMO is harmful to humans; but that has little affect on those who are so certain of its harm.
It allows higher food production and in many undeveloped countries aids farmers and consumers by more healthful produce and in larger quantities: everyone’s a winner. See the recent NatGeo for full coverage.