(David) #21

Where’s the key :crazy_face:?

Here is the typical pastor trite answer…“Jesus”

(David) #23

Where’s the key :crazy_face:?

Chapter and verse???

“Little Friend” page 2 paragraph 3

(David) #25

Hey, my yellow G is just as big as yours.

(George Tichy) #26

Most people are not aware that the level of abuse that an abusive person (perpetrator) uses against their victims is not a horizontal line. It’s an inclined line (sometimes a geometric ascending curve) that shows a gradual increase of the use of force and abusive behavior. Domestic violence fatal victims are those who did not run out of the relationship in time.

I have never seen an abusive person (perpetrator) acting on a horizontal line. Their behavior ALWAYS escalates - if not properly treated with specific treatment techniques.

(Elmer Cupino) #27

You are a health provider and thus a mandated reporter. Is ruling out physical/mental/sexual abuse part of your medical screening in your dental practice?

(Elmer Cupino) #28

I was one of the Likes. Is there any alternative to making sure abuse should not be tolerated? Is this a joke?

@GeorgeTichy @1QOL

(George Tichy) #29

No death penalty. Yet!
If someone slaps the spouse, that was NEVER the first abusive attack. It’s already following verbal abuse, throwing objects close and at the person, verbal threats, AND, it will continue increasing the intensity, usually leading to a death threat.

Yes Sir, if your wife is slapping you already, get treatment for her asap, or leave her - while you are still alive.

And please, don’t dispute what I am saying. Before switching to Geriatric Psychotherapy (now for 16 years) I spent 12 years of my career running groups (or 15 people), full time, treating perpetrators for Domestic Violence and Anger Management. I graduated 1,854 of them, those who finished the 52-week group therapy ordered by the Courts; the groups are 2hr/week. Total of 104 hours. Very effective program if the therapist is good and knowledgeable. (An I am!)
@elmer_cupino @cincerity @pattigrant

(George Tichy) #30

Either apocrypha or fake…

(Elmer Cupino) #31

If there were a medical specialty with rapid resolution, it has to be surgery as our good friend Allen @ajshep is. Needing appendectomy? in 20 minutes, problem is gone. Not so in psychology, the problem always begin insidiously and gradually increases in a sigmoid curve. And resolves likewise. Totally agree with you

(George Tichy) #32

And here is the famous poem, “I Got Flowers Today,” that any psychotherapist knows, because it describes the violence process very accurately:

(Elmer Cupino) #33

Let’s hope none of those “1844” and ten found their calling as ordained ministers.

(George Tichy) #34

Oh, the great majority could certainly get a job like that with no problem:

1. They were well educated by the end of the program.
  2. Recidivism was very low for those who I treated.
  3. The most important (for ordination purposes), is that the majority were MALES… :wink:

(Patrick Travis) #35

It was when I practiced. I never had a situation I needed to report.
Several times I have privately and carefully told parents that their daughters had bulimia. It, the acid, eats the enamel off the anterior incisors.

(George Tichy) #36

OFF TOPIC - To the @webEd

All topics are now automatically closed after a month. That padlock says it all.
I wonder if there could be one thread here that is never closed, like the one in the Lounge. Some topics need further discussion, or even general themes may be discussed in that. Nobody goes to the Lounge, not everyone has permission.

Please consider. The “lock her up” model does not need to be applied to all threads, there could be ONE exception. (To alleviate the burden for those who are addicted to Spectrum or have OCD and cannot stop a discussion… LOL)

WDYT???

(George Tichy) #37

It was great to have ALL patients already being “reported” by others…
And they had to also behave, or “else”… LOL