NAD Calls for GC Compliance Document to be Rescinded — NAD Year-end Meetings Day 6

Frank,

I am sure that when Israel complained against Moses, they were thinking that they were lacking good leadership.

My point is that it is easy to say that but it doesn’t make it automatically true.

Maybe the problem is that we don’t have a good membership, that is, we lack people willing to abide by the result of a vote to which they participated.

I understand that following one’s conscience is important, even vital. But at the same time we have to be careful not to use that card every time things don’t go our way.

You spoke of true leadership but I will remind you that unions, conferences or local churches never use suggestion alone when dealing with non “complying” entities. At time, they take action. So why would it be different for the GC? And if it is not good leadership when the GC is concerned, it is then not good leadership either from the unions, divisions, conferences, or local churches.

Have you really seen this used as an “excuse” before? Really?

(Mark Cady, MD) #194

Is that what Christ came to do, rid the world of sinners or rid the world of sin?

Tim, listen to yourself!

Mark,

I think that Tim was being sarcastic here.

(Steve Mga) #196

A profound idea.
If “sin” is rid out of a person’s life, then the “sinner” has been “rid of”.
But the hardest, biggest, MOST COMPLEX thing though is this – What would be
considered a “sin”.
It is not as easy as one thinks to Identify a “sin”.

(Tim Teichman) #197

Sorry I don’t understand. What is my offense?

(Tim Teichman) #198

Seriously and unfortunately, it often amounts to, “Whatever I think is a sin for me is also a sin for you!”

(Mark Cady, MD) #199

Tim,
Sorry for my misstep. I missed your clever sarcasm (“sin/sinner”) and fell prey to concrete operations.
No offense taken or intended.
Mark

(Johnny Carson) #200

What you and the GC are asking for is a church governance that elevates vote, rules, and enforcement over conscience. How very Roman Catholic of you! @Nymous

“The first step of apostasy is to get up a creed, telling us what we shall believe. The second is to make that creed a test of fellowship. The third is to try members by that creed. The fourth to denounce as heretics those who do not believe that creed. And fifth, to commence persecution against such." ~ J. N. Loughborough

This is a ridiculous statement (in fact, two).

What I asking is the respect of a process in which even the pro WO took part. If it was a matter of conscience then they should not have participated to the vote.

And if asking for the respect of the decision of the the church in session makes me a Catholic so be it!

[quote="JohnCarson, post:200, topic:17318

“The first step of apostasy is to get up a creed, telling us what we shall believe. The second is to make that creed a test of fellowship. The third is to try members by that creed. The fourth to denounce as heretics those who do not believe that creed. And fifth, to commence persecution against such." ~ J. N. Loughborough
[/quote]

As far as I know, this is not a creed issue.

(Johnny Carson) #202

Only your opinion and you know what they say about opinions, right?

You’re right of course, but it’s one you’re making credal in effect. Checkmate. :slight_smile:

What does it even mean???

(Johnny Carson) #204

Ah… the old, “I don’t understand what you’re trying to say” ploy. It’s okay, I’m sure if you apply enough time and energy to the problem the light will dawn… :slight_smile:

(Spectrumbot) #205

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.