NAD Calls for GC Compliance Document to be Rescinded — NAD Year-end Meetings Day 6

(Frank Peacham) #92

Lets not let the NAD off so easy. They highlighted TW’s attempts to solve church division and throw gas on it. They could have said, “We disagree with the GC’s judgment, but we will comply while we actively find ways to solve the issue peacefully. We will use our pen, our voice, our vote to urge a change in policy, all in kindness.” The NAD could open wide reaching dialogs with African delegates that support male headship, thus undermining the majority vote. But they chose open rebellion.

This is a matter of the GC rejecting the role of the Holy Spirit in His provision of spiritual gifts. The GC and those who follow are establishing their own criteria and demanding the Holy Spirit to select those the GC sees fit.

So I would disagree with the blame being cast on those who will not accept the vote in favor of usurping the role of Holy Spirit.

Those who remain true to the purposes of God are NOT rebels.

(reliquum) #94

Yes, undoubtedly. Malignant distortion of self love. Philauty of an order worthy of the son of Cephissus and Liriope. We are perhaps misnamed. SeventhDay nArcissist?

(Frank Peacham) #95

Leaders on the GC and NAD are Pastors, ordained ministers. They have been given the “ministry of reconciliation.” Will the NAD chose this path? If not, they could be untrue to their ministerial calling and ordination? Love can find a way to accommodate each other. This is what a successful marriage looks like. If they want to follow the command of Jesus to “love another,” are peacemakers. If not, they want their own way regardless, maybe they are as you deny “rebels?”

“God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.”

Frank, this could equally apply to the GC who continues to push aggressively for its own way.

Those who protect the women who have been called by God and the Holy Spirit to ministry, are being treated with love and respect by the NAD. Frank, despite your claim that this is selfish, it is Godly, and God’s government is based on love.

Do you believe in the Priesthood of ALL Believers and supporting those who have been gifted by the Holy Spirit?

(George Tichy) #97

Come on, the NAD did not start this mess. The GC did and continues messing it up. Now it’s up to the NAD staff to fix it and to find reconciliation? Is this a joke???

(Robert Lindbeck) #98

@frankpeachamvt, Saul truly believed that he was doing God’s bidding when he persecuted the early christians. It took physical intervention from Christ before Saul saw what he was doing was not God’s will.

David coverted, committed adultery and then murdered a man to cover it up, then blissfully went on his way. Even when Nathan the prophet recounted his crime in an obtuse story, David failed to see his error. It was only at the end of the story when Nathan said “You are that man” that David saw his sin.

At face value neither of these stories looks like it is based on love, but if you look deeper, love is at their very heart. Both stories show the love God has for us, that He is willing to chastise us when we do wrong.

Does the earth have to open up and swallow Silver Springs? Does a bright and shining light have to blind TW before they see that what they are doing is not God’s way? Or will “Nathan” Jackson and the NAD be sufficient?

(Elmer Cupino) #99

In all reality Frank do you really believe this issue can be solved peacefully? The best way to predict the future is look in the past. TW initiated this path by painting himself in a corner with no escape. First it was the CUC threat of “grave consequences.” Then it was the 14-page document that mutated to the Unity Document with its resultant five GC committees. Then he activated two of the committees before the AC2018. Would you negotiate with a person who brings all his armamentarium to the negotiation table? Didn’t Paul had to rebuke Peter “Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it”? Take note that it took someone who never met Jesus to shake Peter into his senses. Perhaps what we are witnessing is “deja vu all over again.”

(Frank Peacham) #100

Absolutely. In my opinion the GC failed to respect the convictions of those who have drawn different Biblical conclusions on WO. It would have been better if they had just issued a letter reprimand or of non-compliance to policy. After that, left the matter in the hands of the church members that elect their leaders. The GC leaders should try to act as Shepard to the members, calling them to the sheep pen, not beating them into the fold.

If the GC leaders are really serious to prove that their viewpoints are fully justified, they should conduct open Town Hall meeting in every College in NA.

(Frank Peacham) #101

This is what the SS Lesson this week said: “Paul referred to what he considers as challenges to unity: ‘For where there is strife and division among you…’ These attitudes and behaviors are real threats to Christian unity and cause the withdraw of God’s presence form His temple. In other words, conflicts in the church can destroy God’s temple. Thus, he wants members to put away the attitudes and behaviors that do threaten its unity.”

This what an ordained minister should do. "By this all men will know you are my disciples, you have love for another. "

Don’t NAD leaders know when they force their opinion on the GC and other world leaders that agree with the GC–they sow discord and bring disillusionment young believers. You may say the GC started it, but godly men will find a way to end it with honor.

(Steve Mga) #102

TownHall at Collegedale.
For those in the Southern part of Georgia going to Chattanooga it would be a
5 HOUR DRIVE just one way. The cost of GAS for the 10 HOUR road trip would
be prohibitive to many, excluding the extra costs for food.

(Frank Peacham) #103

It was just an idea for a location. I though college age youth would have a powerful impression on GC leaders. As I see it, not very many young people believe in male headship, not giving females equality.

(Frank Peacham) #104

Yes I do. Just think of the huge difference between Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians over the law, unclean foods, circumcision, temple worship etc. They found a way to to keep the unity of the church. The NAD gave up trying. Now all they have left is public opposition that mocks the unity of the church and asserts the we really don’t love each other.

(Steve Mga) #105

Allowing University Students at our Universities verbalize [vocalize] their
ideas about Male Headship in the SDA Church and their opinions
regarding EQUALIZATION of Men and Women in the SDA church as Ordained
Religious Leaders – i.e. Pastors, Conference Pres., Union Pres, Division Pres.,
General Conference Pres.
The Compliance Document and HOW MUCH compliance the individual Member
has to have. And WHAT they themselves BELIEVE the Compliance Document
means, and is it representative of HOW they FEEL about the SDA Church. Of
course – A copy of the Compliance Document would have to be available to
each student PRIOR to the TownHall Meeting so they could Digest it.

WHO would you suggest would BE ABLE to conduct such a TownHall Meeting
that would be “acceptable” to a 18 to 30 year old student body of BOTH men
and women?

(Frank Peacham) #106

You are trying understanding me too literal. How nice it would be if Jackson and Wilson could embrace each other, saying “Now we are friends.” There are many ways this could happen, if just one of them had a mind to do so. Town Hall meetings on WO across NA could be a starter. All needed information could be posted online ahead. I can think of over a dozen ways reconciliation could happen. Sadly, our leadership is in the judgmental-authority mode of thinking.

This is what the gospel of redemption is all about, when Jesus calls us his friends. Just look at the diversity of the disciples and Jesus brought them together and from this created friendship. This is true leadership.

I don’t think that leadership of NAD or GC care for each other very much, at least it seems that way to me. For NAD and GC leaders to tolerate a strife of words, devoid of love, toleration and kindness, creates a declination of the Spirit far and wide.

“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love…This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.”

The GC is at war with the women of the NAD. Promises of “dire consequences” and threats of “grave consequences” for ordaining women to the Gospel. The NAD has been kind but firm that it supports women in the ministry.

GC pushes on aggressively attempting to punish through “noncompliance” and “rebelliousness” threats.

It’s straightforward what is happening.

When two don’t quite get along, it isn’t always both at fault. The NAD is supporting the Priesthood of ALL Believers despite policies trying to railroad the mission of the church in NAD.

(Steve Mga) #108

Frank –
Are you saying that ALL QUESTIONS would be SCREENED?
Some TOPICS would be Rejected and NOT allowed to be asked and
answered, addressed by the respondents representing the SDA church?

(George Tichy) #109

I believe that the NAD is trying to do exactly that, establishing limits and saying, with honor, that this abuse from the GC is not on the table for consideration.

(Steve Mga) #110

George –
Had to stay home today – vehicle in the shop.
Went to church at LaSierra on the Internet. 11:15 service.
When do the Choir and the Organist perform?
Had the keyboard and couple of singers.
Great message.
I noticed they had a Kinship Sabbath School. WOULD NEVER FIND
THAT AT ANDREWS even though they “say” they have “something” for
LG’s students. It may be to make them change their minds and become Heteros.
Does Loma Linda have a “Kinship” Sabbath School?

(Joselito Coo) #111

"… our problem in the NAD [sic] isn’t money…

Loren Siebold of AToday conitinues:

"We have a total tithe in the NAD of over a billion dollars.

"Of course we could use more money. But money isn’t what’s holding us back. What’s holding us back is that we don’t know what to do. We don’t know how to make the thousands of little churches grow. We don’t know how to save our church schools. We don’t know how to make people want to attend our academies. We don’t know how to get people into the baptismal tank, and even if we manage that, we don’t know how to keep them in the church afterwards. Loma Linda and Kettering and Oakwood their cohorts are feeling more optimistic, because they’ve already got a lot of money, and lots of people captive to the institution. They’ll get a lot more money, and can build those children’s centers and who knows what else.

“But elsewhere? We’re doing what we’ve always done. We’ve got money. But we don’t have a clue.”

nadtitheshate2017

nadtithedistribution2017