I know we have discussed some of these issues before and I reply to you in the hope that this time around you will actually be able to reply to or address specific points in our conversation rather than throw a smoke screen around everything with blanket statements as you have in the past.
I am a little unclear about this statement you made, please be more specific:
The SDA church is the only body that teaches this is proof of nothing. The three angels message is read from an historicist perspective which is totally rejected outside of Adventism.
Are you saying that the fact that the SDA church is the only one that teaches the biblical Three Angel’s Message and the Investigative Judgement (IJ) doctrines means nothing because:
- Theses facts are not true
- This “new revelation or light” is irrelevant to humans (this topic is the very subject of this article’s discussion)
- The SDA theology on Revelation’s 3AM and IJ is incorrect because it is interpreted using the Historicist method of prophetic interpretation.
“ The 2300 days is connected with it and was arrived at with confirmation bias, Miller couldn’t have been wrong about the dating .”
You are throwing a lot of things into one pile here, I am not going to get into the 2300-day prophecy as we have discussed it before and it is not the topic of discussion of this article – but please explain what you mean about Revelation 14, the 3AM subject:
“ The fact is, biblical scholarship outside of the denomination reads it far differently ”.
- How is the 3AM connected to 2300-day prophecy? Or perhaps how should it be connected according to you or non-SDA biblical scholarship?
- How is the IJ doctrine connected to 2300-day prophecy?
Because the SDAC uses the Historicist method of prophetic interpretation, which it is 100% biblical based on “Bible verses only” and proven through the test of thousandths of years of biblical exegesis. In spite of your statement “ historicist perspective which is totally rejected outside of Adventism” the Historicist method was the method used by all Reformers to read Daniel and Revelation and more importantly was accepted from before the time of Jesus by Jewish sages.