Oregon Conference Calls on GC to Comply with Tithe Policy

(jeremy) #105

you know, gary, from your descriptions, it really does sound like someone or something or both is seriously wrong in the oregon conference…i wish someone from this conference could explain to us why they’ve treated you so badly…

(Steve Mga) #106

There have been reported youth being molested by church employees.
The church has had to pay out cash damages to these persons, mostly
to cover the long period of psychological help in getting over the effects
of these unwanted encounters by church employees.

(Steve Mga) #107

The SDA church union and conference Administrators have been known to cover up
molestation issues by “Transferring” the employees to new job sites. And not letting
the next church know of the person’s background.

(Kim Green) #108

I am glad that you shared your story in your own words but I still feel that you should not have said what you did against the Oregon Conference to begin with. I understand that you did not want to “side track” but you were throwing out allegations without explaining.

I still feel that there are things that have happened legally because I have never heard of anyone ever getting “banned” from attending church without cause. It could happen, but I find it very strange.

Nonetheless…keep up the good work that you have been doing otherwise.

(Johnny Carson) #109

As a member of the Oregon Conference my personal belief is that the OC has acted judiciously in preventing the above mentioned program from being presented in their churches, properties, and facilities.

Furthermore, I don’t believe that a thread about the compliance of various church entities with GC working policy or GC compliance with their own working policy is the appropriate place for airing personal dirty laundry about accusations and denial of sexual abuse of a minor. @webEd

(Gary Gibson ) #110

Kim, an active Voice of Prophecy evangelist has been banned from his local church in Washington for the past two years by ignoring the church manual and Matthew 18.

I do agree with Johnny that this is not the place for this discussion and will withdraw from reading or responding to any further comments.

(Robert Lindbeck) #111

It is a legal obligation here that any person working with children has to get a police clearance. There are agencies that will do the check but the most in depth one is by the police.

(Steve Mga) #112

Here in middle GA Goodwill does them for a small fee.
That is the one my Sunday church uses.

(reliquum) #113

Better yet, edit your own comments so as to not keep this discussion where it does not belong, by your own admission

(Kim Green) #114

Are you speaking about your local church/state/country? If so, it is an excellent idea and should be a requirement in any SDA church. Naively, there are many who fight this. Sky high insurance costs have “encouraged” many churches to implement child safety measures who otherwise would not have.

(Kim Green) #115

Gary, you shouldn’t have started with your original “complaint” against the conference to begin with. Timo had excellent advice about editing your comments…even if you don’t read this, others will.

(Steve Mga) #116

Gary –
Thanks for advising us that there are programs available by the church to train those
who work with children and youth [including Pastors and school Teachers] to implement
methods to protect them, AND to PROTECT themselves.

(Robert Lindbeck) #117

State law and Federal Law. I used to help out at large events for kids. We all had to get a police clearance. The organisers arranged so not sure of the frequency at which it was done.

(Kim Green) #118

Yes, a CORI check should absolutely be mandatory…even if you don’t work directly with the children. Last year I volunteered at a Crisis Center and because they also service children, I was CORIed before I could start working.

(Joselito Coo) #119

Here’s the explanation by the GC Treasurer:

2018 Annual Council Battle Creek: Sunday, October 14, 2018
Extraordinary tithe @2:01 to 2:23
@elmer_cupino @GeorgeTichy @GaryGibson7

(Johnny Carson) #120

You’re going to have to do a lot better than asking me to wade through a 5.75 hour video… @sokingcoo

(Joselito Coo) #121

Place your cursor/pointer @2:01 to 2:23
Hope that helps.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: