Pacific Union Officials Decline Inclusion in SDA Yearbook; Stand in Solidarity with President Sandra Roberts

(Randall) #249

Luke 6:27-33 KJV
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
What is this? Junior High School?
I left the Church in 1990…for personal reasons. I returned, courtesy of the Holy Spirit in 2016, to find a broken SDA Church, functioning as a not to unified club, posing as a Church of Christian believers. I have sat through Sabbath School lessons where both THE MESSAGE and THE REMEDY are used as sources for understanding scripture. (I’m just as appalled with The Remedy as The Message…well actually more so with THE REMEDY!) It appears to me that obliterating language from the Revelation has earned Tim Jennings a removal from the Book of Life…according to Revelation 22 verse 19!
When I attend Sabbath School today…NO ONE in my Sabbath School studies from the Sabbath School Quarterly…BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THE SDA CHURCH IS RUN BY JESUITS!
Now who might be the author of all this confusion, dissension and strife? Hmmm…let me think…think…think…Randall.! OH HO! That would be the ‘author of confusion’…as described in the Bible.
I joined the SDA Church in 1976 and was mentored by the defrocked former SDA evangelist…John Ford. Since then, up until this day, it is difficult for me to name more than one or two SDA’s I have known that seem to have the same love for our Savior that he did!
He made a BIG PUBLIC MISTAKE that cost him dearly…but if he was alive today, I would embrace him as a Spirit filled man that Jesus used to lead me to …Jesus! His favorite verse in the Bible? 1 John 1:9. If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to FORGIVE US OUR SINS AND TO CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. I think that should be something we should ALL be aware of. That would help us all not to be so HIGH AND MIGHTY! Even though he had been stripped of his position as an SDA evangelist he had a personal independent ministry where there were several Pastors supported in New Guinea spreading the gospel.
If he was the Conference President you are speaking of now, I would find it unimaginable that he would support people standing up for him in defiance of perceived or real slights to him personally or his position. HE LOVED JESUS TOO MUCH TO GIVE IN TO SUCH PETTINESS!

(George Tichy) #250

Are you Pici, Birder, Groucho, referring to the extremely offensive comment YOU wrote in the Lounge attacking @bigtomwoodcutter? That was your last post there I believe. Because it was so outrageous, and you didn’t have the guts to apologize to him, you just disappeared for a few months now.

And here you are again denigrating people who participate here just because they may disagree with you? If as you said, “It’s no longer enjoyable,” why do you care visiting. Especially if you have great options as Advindicate, and above all Fulcrum7??? Why are you self-inflicting such a pain of being here?

You know, you have to make that situation with Tom right before you post some comments of reproach to others here. Do what is right! And if you forget, don’t worry, I will remind you every time you show up playing "god"again, I promise!
@elmer_cupino @timteichman @harrpa

(George Tichy) #251

Timo,
I just edited this post. It appears that every time I mention the disrespect that was directed to Tom @bigtomwoodcutter it’s being flagged … Therefore, we should not expect any apology to Tom. The disrespect stands!!! So, let it be!
@elmer_cupino

(George Tichy) #252

Why are you offending everyone’s intelligence here with that cactus story? You are not that naive, are you? And we are not as dumb as you think!
@timteichman

(George Tichy) #253

With a language so arrogant, why do you insist in talking to us? Do you still believe in your "mission"here? How is it working for you Pici/Birder/Groucho, whoever you are anyway?
@Timo

(Tom Loop) #254

Don’t be surprised if Pici/Birder/Groucho comes back with yet a fourth changed handle to try and further disguise his identity. I’m not losing any sleep over his slight to me. Matter-of-fact I feel no pain from his denegration. Instead I feel validated by it, because one is complimented by their friends, but distinguished by their adversaries. Let him vent. He buries himself deeper with every comment.

I was on a road trip in the California desert with some friends most of April. No internet, so I was out of circulation here. I thought of you as we drove past Loma Linda. Say, George, what ever happened to Elaine? Did she pass away?

(reliquum) #255

Yes @GeorgeTichy, I am familiar with this poster (and his type, vociferously garrulous, claiming the high road as defender of the faith but doing so with a cringeworthy lowroad demeanor). You do know I edited columns for and managed webmod duties on that other site, you know, the sister site that begins with an “A”? I also encountered him (and tom) on Stan Jensen’s fine site.

(Elmer Cupino) #256

Object Relation theory suggest that the way people relate to others and situations is shaped by their childhood experience. These experiences are used by the subconscious to predict people’s behaviors in their relationships and interactions. For instance someone who has been neglected and physically abused as a child will grow up to expect similar behaviors from other who remind them of their past. We now get a glimpse of why no matter how devout one aspires to be a christian and what values and pillars they believe unless their demons are controlled, tamed or resolved, the way they relate to others will betray them. You can ask any therapists the likes of @cincerity, @pattigrant @Timo among others, and not to forget our prophet-in-residence George @GeorgeTichy and ask how valid this theory is.

@blc

(Tim Teichman) #257

I wonder what she’s trying to hide? What sort of past is she afraid to let us know about, so she hides her identity. Perhaps shame over a lifestyle choice? A criminal record? Some people are afraid to admit something about themselves that doesn’t agree with their faith. Or, perhaps, she doesn’t want her friends to know how she acts here, living some sort of alternate life online.

(Tim Teichman) #258

Poetry.

And each time I read one of your posts I think my vocabulary is expanded!

(Tom Loop) #259

So you think grouch is a “she”. I figured him to be a man in his late 60’s. In one discussion here on Spectrum, birder and I dialoged a bit about both of us going to Rio Lindo Academy in northern California in the 1960’s. I remember us both commenting on life in the boy’s dorm. He never would reveal his name, but he did say that he attended a year or so before I came there in 68-69.

(Tim Teichman) #260

Well we just don’t know. Maybe she used to be a man and then decided that was wrong. OK with me, but maybe she’s ashamed to admit it, thinking the church teaches against such things.

(Kim Green) #261

“frankly emasculating”

Yes, it is all about this…isn’t it, Greg? What a psychological fear revealed.

(Kim Green) #262

" consult with your own shrink?"

Tut tut, Elmer…don’t you know that your kind is “from the devil”?? rofl

(Kim Green) #263

“You keep showing this façade of theological/biblical authority, but refuse to tell us your credentials - if ANY!”

IF this is the same Greg Cox…this is where he is coming from (no surprise at all): F7. This informs us to how and why the fixation upon the WO and other associated topics.

(Kim Green) #264

“Because it was so outrageous, and you didn’t have the guts to apologize to him, you just disappeared for a few months now.”

Why apologize when what was said was exactly what he believes?

“It’s no longer enjoyable,”

Of course not- some don’t like playing when they cannot “win”.

(Kim Green) #265

Hmmmm…could it be that it might have something to do with “compensatory” intelligence…lol

(Kim Green) #266

Thanks for the good laugh this morning, Tim! We all know how many LGT females have been active on this site through the years (0). Telling.

(Kim Green) #267

I believe that Tim was making a point about the “female” gender thing…“Thank-you, Lord, that I was not born a woman…”. :smiley: It bothers me a lot, too…but I have to accept my lowered station in life as God has willed it. :wink:

(George Tichy) #268

He already did! now he calls him self "le vieux!"
It seems that I found his current picture, and he is still mocking us.

Old Pici