President Ted Wilson Issues Statement on “Homosexuality and the Church”

On December 13, Ted Wilson, the president of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, released a statement to remind members of the “officially voted statements and guidelines” regarding “its biblical position [on] human sexuality.”

According to the statement, “recently, questions have been raised regarding the beliefs and practices of the Church in regard to homosexuality and related issues.”

Though Wilson does not mention Andrews University, the timing of the statement from Elder Wilson makes it seem likely that the University’s new LGBT Care Group, announced in October, and the subsequent mixed reaction it received, may have prompted Wilson’s statement. Andrews recently released its own official statement answering questions about its care group.

Read Ted Wilson’s statement in full below:

During the past several decades, the Seventh-day Adventist Church has clearly stated through officially voted statements and guidelines its Biblical position regarding human sexuality. Recently, questions have been raised regarding the beliefs and practices of the Church in regard to homosexuality and related issues. This statement re-affirms our Biblical stand and encourages a Christ-like approach to this challenging topic.

First, we must remember that “the Seventh-day Adventist Church recognizes that every human being is valuable in the sight of God, and we seek to minister to all men and women in the spirit of Jesus. We also believe that by God’s grace and through the encouragement of the community of faith, an individual may live in harmony with the principles of God’s Word.”[1]

As Seventh-day Adventists, we “believe that sexual intimacy belongs only within the marital relationship of a man and a woman. This was the design established by God at creation. . . . Throughout Scripture this heterosexual pattern is affirmed. The Bible makes no accommodation for homosexual activity or relationships. Sexual acts outside the circle of a heterosexual marriage are forbidden.”[2]

While this understanding may not align with changing societal norms, as Seventh-day Adventists we must build our faith and practice only upon God’s timeless and unchanging Word—the Bible.

We believe that “Marriage was divinely established in Eden and affirmed by Jesus to be a lifelong union between a man and a woman in loving companionship,”[3] therefore “same-sex unions” are neither biblical nor accepted within the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

While we understand that “Homosexuality is a manifestation of the disturbance and brokenness in human inclinations and relations caused by the entrance of sin into the world,” we affirm that regardless of sexual orientation, all people are loved by God. “We do not condone singling out any group for scorn and derision, let alone abuse. Still, God’s Word that transcends time and culture does not permit a homosexual lifestyle.”[4]

To provide guidance in putting these beliefs into practice, official guidelines for “Responding to Changing Cultural Attitudes Regarding Homosexual and Other Alternative Sexual Practices” were voted on April 8, 2014, by the Executive Committee of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.[5]

These guidelines review the divine ideal of sexuality and marriage, and address the church’s relationship to civil legislation regarding homosexuality and alternative sexual behaviors. The guidelines affirm that “the Seventh-day Adventist Church values the entirety of the Word of God as its ultimate authority for truth, doctrine, and way of life . . .”[6]

A key section of this document, “The Moral and Religious Freedoms of the Church,” states:

The Seventh-day Adventist Church will encourage all its congregations, employees, ministry leaders, organizations, and entities to uphold church teachings and faith-based practices in Church membership, employment, education, and marriage ceremonies, including officiating at weddings. These teachings and faith-based practices, built upon the Bible's instructions about human sexuality, are equally applicable to heterosexual and homosexual relationships. It is inconsistent with the Church's understanding of scriptural teaching to admit into or maintain in membership persons practicing sexual behaviors incompatible with biblical teachings. Neither is it acceptable for Adventist pastors or churches to provide wedding services or facilities for same-sex couples.[7]

The guidelines also re-emphasize that “each human being, of whatever gender, race, nationality, social class, faith, or sexual orientation, deserves to be treated with respect and dignity by the Seventh-day Adventist Church and the entities and organizations through which it pursues God’s mission.”[8]

Urging faithfulness to the end, Ellen G. White, inspired author and co-founder of the Seventh-day Adventist Church wrote:

The whole universe is watching with inexpressible interest the closing scenes of the great controversy between good and evil. The people of God are nearing the borders of the eternal world; what can be of more importance to them than that they be loyal to the God of heaven? All through the ages, God has had moral heroes; and He has them now,—those who, like Joseph and Elijah and Daniel, are not ashamed to acknowledge themselves His peculiar people.”[9]

Recognizing that we are living in the very end of time, let us remain true to the belief and practice of God’s Word, while “expressing biblical truth with the kindness of Jesus Himself.”[10]

Ted N.C. Wilson is president of the worldwide Seventh-day Adventist Church.

[1] “Homosexuality,” official statement voted by the General Conference Executive Committee, October 3, 1999, www.adventist.org/en/information/official-statements/statements/article/go/-/homosexuality/ [2] Ibid. [3] “Same-Sex Unions,” official statement voted by the General Conference Executive Committee, October 17, 2012. www.adventist.org/en/information/official-statements/statements/article/go/-/same-sex-unions/ [4] Ibid. [5] “Responding to Changing Cultural Attitudes Regarding Homosexual and Other Alternative Sexual Practices,” April 8, 2014, General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Spring Meeting 2014. www.adventist.org/en/information/official-statements/guidelines/article/go/-/responding-to-changing-cultural-attitudes-regarding-homosexual-and-other-alternative-sexual-practice/ [6] Ibid. [7] Ibid. [8] Ibid. [9] Ellen G. White, Prophets and Kings, p. 148. [10] Responding to Changing Cultural Attitudes Regarding Homosexual and Other Alternative Sexual Practices,” April 8, 2014.

This statement was first announced on President Ted Wilson’s Facebook page and originally appeared on the Adventist News Network website.

Alisa Williams is managing editor of SpectrumMagazine.org.

Image Credit: Photo by Dmitri Popov on Unsplash

If you respond to this article, please:

Make sure your comments are germane to the topic; be concise in your reply; demonstrate respect for people and ideas whether you agree or disagree with them; and limit yourself to one comment per article, unless the author of the article directly engages you in further conversation. Comments that meet these criteria are welcome on the Spectrum Website. Comments that fail to meet these criteria will be removed.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/8456
1 Like

The Seventh-day Adventist church does not single out any other group of its members as symbolic of disturbance and brokenness of sin. This statement singles out LGBTQ+ people for “scorn and derision”. This is a work of spiritual abuse against queer people.

19 Likes

President Wilson writes, “We believe that” and then quotes from the 2010 Statement on ‘Same Sex Unions,’ “Marriage was divinely established in Eden and affirmed by Jesus to be a lifelong union.” Apparently, this affirmation can be disregarded with impunity at any time. Divorces within “unions between a man and a woman” take place all the time, some times more than once by the same person, not only among the members of the church but also among the ordained clergy of the church. Any one who wishes to be taken seriously must be consistent in the application of the rules.

22 Likes

Fortunately for those being discussed in this article there are baptismal spots where ALL
BELIEVERS in Christ may be Baptized and become members of THE CHURCH.
AND there are those who will Baptize ALL BELIEVERS in Christ as their personal Savior.

As Paul tells us and Hebrews states – Our Citizenship is IN HEAVEN, and NOT on an
earthly membership list stuck in some dusty file cabinet at some local meeting house.

13 Likes

What is the statement on the “related issues”? What are the related issues? More importantly, where is the published list of sins that earn a special “call out” with their own ‘statement’? What happens to pastors, for example, who stray from the marriage relationship? Where is the special statement on any other “sin” as defined by the SDA church?

Maybe the church should leave all judgments up to God where they belong.

20 Likes

Danny Shelton for one. Ted Wilson appears on 3ABN from time to time. He seems quite happy to be conversing and sharing the stage with DS.

18 Likes

If leadership is not careful, it will run into the same buzzsaw that cut up the women’s ordination issue; i.e., clinging to a narrow view of what Scripture says and “means” without any (pardon the word) “critical” reflection on the texts and culture in which they were born. In this case, even more so than the case of women, scientific findings about the various sources of LGBTQ identity and behavior will force a rethinking of how a person’s identity (and not just behavior) can be a justification for isolation and condemnation by the church of Jesus Christ.

17 Likes

He that is without sin should cast the first stone. I believe in civil unions and full charity.

22 Likes

What is happening to Pastor Ted Wilson? If the church have a support group for smokers, widows, prostitutes, alcoholics, drug addiction, sexual addicts, adult survivors and sexual abuse, grief, marriages, divorces, single adults, etc.; what’s the problem here. Sorry to lump them in this group.

We all need support. Thirty years ago one of my young adult members got pregnant in church. (I am a pastor). She was remorseful. I did not drop her from membership. She needed our support. She was not a church officer. She volunteered for rebaptism.

We encouraged her and walked with her through the pregnancy. The church recognized her wrong and accepted her forgiveness. When she was giving birth the church sent her flowers. We also sent a “regular” member who was also giving birth on the same hospital ward. How do you think should would have felt if she did not get flowers. We support all.

Barrington Brennen
www.soencouragement.org

11 Likes

“_________ is a manifestation of the disturbance and brokenness in human inclinations and relations caused by the entrance of sin into the world". Surely there are many words one can use to fill in Ted’s statement other than homosexuality!!! Why is the LGBTQTIA group treated so differently?! There are more biblical statements against judging, shunning, discrimination, gossiping, lying, being grumpy, gluttony, pride, disrespect, murder, anger, deceit etc. … then the five about being gay! Why no vehemence against other things?

17 Likes

Ted Wilson, 2014:

“…We are more accustomed to other sins: we wink at pride, ignore gossip, tolerate hypocrisy and sometimes avoid dealing with lust, adultery and the often-hidden sin of sexual abuse,” Wilson said, adding that “the uncomfortable but undeniable truth [is] that we are all sinners.”

He called it both “inconsistent and morally wrong” for the Adventist Church to isolate practicing members of the LGBT community for discipline “while it ignores those engaged in heterosexual pre-marital sex or adultery. God’s standard for sexual behavior requires that only in the union of one man and one woman in heterosexual marriage can the gift of sexuality appropriately and Biblically be enjoyed. Any departure from that standard must be addressed with similar seriousness and a similar attempt to bring about correction, repentance and restoration.”

“It is the first step toward a new life in Christ when each of us comes to the place where we admit that what God’s Word says is absolutely true about us: We are all sinners; we are all broken,” he said.

Wilson. of course, cannot be responsible for every divorce that is allowed to go without some sort of discipline. But I have not seen that the more liberal set has a stomach for such action. More usually that side is in favor of no action whatsoever; so unless more liberal folk are ready to take such action, they have little to criticize Wilson about.

No reflection?? Quite a bit, as far as I can tell, both positive and negative on the matter. I think plenty of reflection has gone on. But it may not have resulted in action that you favor, that is all.

An answer must be given to this comment:

At the two churches I pastored, I can think of two and possibly three that attended. They were not shunned. I cannot give details, but they were not treated badly.

I know of no one that asked any if they were having sex. I have brought having sex up to heterosexual couples that were not married but seemed to be having that relationship. I wonder why you think that such a bad thing? Jesus said that such behavior would keep them from heaven. Do you not think if you loved such a one that you might bring it up tactfully? It is not an easy matter, but saving souls can be difficult, but right. And by the way, those that I have brought it up to remain in the church, and their children attend as well.

They (gays) are God’s children, yes. But God has forbidden such behavior. He usually has a reason. Are you ready to risk eternity because you don’t like what he says? I think eternity is quite a big deal, and even if it means sacrificing something here, might be worth it. And it is not just gays that sacrifice, we all love sin, and must turn from it. Your view seems short-sighted to me. Romans 8:18

6 Likes

What is important to understand in this matter is not what was established in Eden but how do we resolve current behaviors that were not established in Eden. For example if Jesus affirmed “lifelong union between a man and a woman,” what guidance does the church have for divorces, intimate partner violence and so on. There are a number of means how to resolve issues as these and the kind of defense mechanism used is indicative of how psychologically matured we are. What TW and his EXCOMM are proposing in this matter is an example of a projection. Notice that what the church policy is being advocated is superficial in nature as it deals with the visible behavior instead of the underlying reasons behind the behavior. Surely there are common denominators that “same-sex unions” has with divorces, intimate partner violence, among others, that the church leaders are guilty but tolerates. Where are the “official guidelines?”

Projection is considered a primitive coping skill. It is an example of scapegoating others to relieve guilt, poor self esteem and lack of insight, among many. It is my opinion that TW and his EXCOMM should expand their repertoire of “guidelines” to include and reflect psychological maturity.

If this were the case, then this certainly played a part in TW subconscious decision of projecting his sense of helplessness to a GC “guideline.” But more importantly, if his family were unsuccessful in prayers in converting a homosexual family member, on what basis would TW believe he would be anymore successful with a non-family member?

17 Likes

There is nothing unexpected in this statement. However, the Church is the body of believers–many of whom simply shrug off the narrow interpretations and condemnations we have come to expect from our leaders. We are the Church.

11 Likes

If nothing else, humans are very predictable. For example it is known that we humans react the most strongly and/or negatively about the things we fear the most within ourselves. Coming seemingly out of nowhere, this statement is a prime example of that phenomenon.

10 Likes

i think this is undoubtedly the context for president ted wilson’s statement, who, after-all, is an andrews board member who would have been part of the decision to institute Haven…most likely he is addressing conservative misgivings over what has been perceived to be a school-sponsored gay-straight alliance and a new level of tolerance for homosexuality…this would be why he is discussing homosexuality and not divorce, adultery, affairs, premarital sex, common-law marriage, sexual harassment, pedophilia, or some other form of expressed sexuality that lies outside of biblical guidelines…i don’t see that this statement in any way singles out homosexuality for denouncement…

substantively, i agree wholeheartedly with ted’s clear and balanced statement…i find his approach completely biblical, and i wouldn’t approve of anything less…of course, as GC president, ted is outlining our official position on a GC level, particularly for church employees…but i think it still devolves on local churches to determine what actually happens in local congregations if and when practicing LGBT individuals join them…ted hasn’t interfered with glendale city church, chico church, or hollywood adventist church up to now…i don’t see his statement as signaling any new intention to do so in the future…

in general, ted wilson has been an outstanding president…when i think of ted wilson, i think of courage, discipline, principle, integrity, resolve, dedication, clear thinking and consummate political skills…he is adventism at its finest…i certainly hope he will consider accepting a third term in indianapolis 2020…

4 Likes

This kind of statement is certainly to be expected from TW. I agree that his timing is really suspect coming on the heels of the current efforts being put forth at Andrews to help LBGT students. He has reiterated the church’s line drawn in the sand on homosexuality, basically as a stern warning against any attempts to study any alternatives to church orthodoxy on the subject. His talk about " all people are of value… repect…yada, yada, sounds about as reassuring as telling someone they aren’t going to freeze to death as you burn them at the stake!
Yes, the Eden model made by God was a union between a man and a woman. But God sure accepted, or at least tolerated without condemning, a lot of alternatives down through biblical history. Many of the great biblical patriachs had multiple wives, concubines without God uttering one wit of objection. The sons of Jacob were sired by one man, two wives and two handmaids, and God greatly blessed Israel.

Those clobber texts that the fundamentalist use against homosexuality is about sexual exploitation and pagan worship, not same- sex love. To burn with sexual lust as Paul speaks of in Romans 1, whether hetero or homo, is clearly the result of a godless and debased mind given over to evil and the vices Paul lists in that chapter. I have met a lot of gay christians who do not fit any of those despictable traits Paul lists.

I’m sick and tired of the condescending finger wagging/ pointing, sanctions against, showcasing LBGT’s as a “manifestation of the disturbnce and brokenness in human inclinations”, etc. etc ad nauseum. With all the news about politicians, entertainers, and even preachers sometimes behaving like oversexed alley cats, maybe time would be better directed toward cleaning up the straight world that has made a mockery of the marriage vows, before you take aim at two people of the same sex who love each other wanting to make a lifetime commitment!! @carrolgrady @daneenakers

21 Likes

Could it be because TW has a gay uncle and cousin?

9 Likes

While the demographics of gay babies versus straight babies is 1/25,
that is four percent are gay/lesbian,
within ADULT Adventism, ( those over twenty five ),
the number of LGBT’s is surely far less than ONE PER CENT.

Why?

Because the despising, demonizing, demeaning, denouncing, disapproving, deriding, disparaging, discrimination delivered to our Adventist gay demographic, determines most gay teens will “vote with their feet “.

Something is majorly amiss, when a minuscule minority of our mature membership, mandates multiple mean spirited “statements “.

Ted Wilson has an obvious odious and pathological preoccupation with gay sex.

Where are his pontifications and pronouncements pertaining to the perceived sins of the predominant ninety nine per cent heterosexual population??

They are NON EXISTENT !

It would appear that the heterosexual Adventist sex sinners get a FREE PASS!

This is yet another affirmation for me,
that the general attitudes and atmosphere of our church institutions is TOXIC to our LGBT teens.
Shaming, shunning, stigmatizing, smearing, all stunt their successful maturation from adolescence to adulthood.

They need to exit this adverse ambiance and enroll,at the nearest in-state-tuition public high school, community college, or university, where they will be treated with dignity and not disparagement.

Would an early exodus, at age twelve, of our gay teens, to non Adventist schools, curtail Ted’s homophobic hostilities?

Response to Carrol Grady,
While geneticists /statisticians have had a field day correlating genetic /familial aspects,of homosexuality, one of the few correlations observed, is that gay uncles often have gay nephews.

7 Likes

So, according to the GC:
Good and loyal SDAs should want the ‘same-’ (‘homo-‘) ‘sex’ of ‘the flesh’ – male, alone – in SDA pulpits, to bring those in the pews into Spiritual rebirth . . . so that those souls in the pews that may indeed become thus ‘reborn’ – but, not according to flesh-sex – can then ‘Spiritually’ discriminate against providing equal opportunities of Spiritual rebirth for those whose flesh craves ‘same-sex’. . . ?

Who’s up for SDA ‘Spiritual’ exclusion next ? Chocolate lovers ? (Already happening.)

This is not only mind-spinning ill-logic, but insane. It matters not how sweetly-worded official SDA policy on non-heterosexuality may be. When compared side-by-side – as a whole – with a supposed ‘official’ SDA ‘Tri-unity’ doctrine that destroys any such unity through hierarchy . . . and a ‘male-sex-only’ ordination policy that encourages ‘same-sex’ thinking regarding our ‘Tri-unified’ God Family . . . the whole resulting ‘statement’ is not only insanely confusing for my human mind, but very likely ‘illegal’ in Heaven’s eyes.
God’s Law makes good Spiritual sense, beginning with Exodus 20:2:
"I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage."
God does this delivering and NOT official SDA GC policy !
Current SDA policy – especially regarding sexuality and ordination – is incoherent, self-contradictory and self-destructive, when an attempt is made to consider it as a whole.

Providentially for our Equal-Trinity-phobic and , yet , somehow, simultaneously homo-phobic SDA /ASI leaders . . . just before William Miller gave the Advent Movement a boost in America, there was a movement in Europe boosting for the humane – not criminal – treatment of such mental illness. This movement was led, in part, by the German physician, anatomist, physiologist, professor and psychiatrist, Johann Christian Reil, who actually coined the term ‘Psychiatrie’. In Reil’s dreams the mentally ill were to be treated in comfortable, sociable, homelike settings, not hidden away from the public and locked in moldy dungeons. . . . So, why do these fearful ones long for, ‘The Good Ol’ Days’ of the ‘Old Covenant’ – with its stonings of ‘flesh’ – before Israel learned that they could not purify themselves by the power of ‘flesh’, alone?

Perhaps Loma Linda SDA science professionals should be consulted by the GC to clarify the differences between ‘flesh’ birth and ‘Spiritual re-birth’ for our SDA/ASI ‘Spiritual’ leaders. . . AND they should take an accountant along to keep the two topics discussed listed in ‘Old Covenant’ / ‘New Covenant’ context under their proper headings of ‘flesh’ and ‘Spirit’, and not criss-crossing column lines in tangled confusion, as has clearly become fashionable among ‘Liberal v.s. Conservative’ SDA / ASI / CAP / GYC . . . leading combatants.

Then, maybe we SDAs can all get back to the real issue of learning, living and teaching the ‘Good News’,
to ALL . . . without boosting them toward insanity.

As the SDA educator and Gospel preacher, W.W. Prescott explained at the Armadale, Australia Camp meeting to a Standing Room Only crowd of non-SDAs in 1895:

God’s Great Purpose:
“ Let me call your attention to another point. God’s purpose in history, in types, in shadows, in ceremonies, is to preach the gospel; and even in some of those thing that seem to us the most forbidding, God is still preaching the gospel. I doubt not that in the minds of many there has been a feeling that stoning to death was a terrible punishment, and how many look to it as a way of preaching the gospel? You remember that in the days of the theocracy of God, when His law was the law of the nation, any offence against it was punished by stoning. But in this method of punishing for breaking the national law, God was preaching the gospel. If you will make a study of this, and look up each of the ten commandments, you will find that the punishment for breaking it as a national law was stoning. And how was the gospel preached in this? God was teaching the people, in this form of punishment, that the law out of Christ would stone them to death. Just as these literal stones killed them, the law in dead stone would put them to death. He was even in this way teaching them of the Living Stone, the Stone of Israel, the law in life, and that is the gospel.”

Unless you are willing to engrave official SDA GC policy in stone and begin publicly murdering real human flesh with that stone . . . then drop that stone and pick up the Gospel of ‘Christ in you, the hope of Glory’, according to the New Covenant, the New Promise, described in Ezekiel 36:22-32 . . . alone, Ted.
The Old Covenant, the promise of the people to Moses and to God – ‘anything you say we will do’-- was a proven failure 2,000 years ago. Don’t just recite policy, lead us hurting and damaged sinners to the only One who can move our hearts to love and to follow His law.

Reply to JSKMD’s reply as follows:
“As long as we acknowledge our sins, Jesus can and will forgive us and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. The problem arises when we refuse to confess our sins and insist evil is good and good is evil. That is when God can do nothing further for us.”

Exactly. And that is why God has not been able to do anything further than our ‘Old Covenant’ failures for any SDA GC (since the 1888 GC’s rejection of the Holy Spirit) which expects the individuals in the pews to ‘accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior . . .’ with one hand, while constantly reminding us of our sins by throwing SDA ‘policy’ at us with the other. Which saves me ? My Savior, or my sins ? By constantly beholding my sins against GC policy, I become my sins. By constantly beholding my Savior, my Healer, I become as healthy as He is. GC Policy ‘missiles’ only kill.

2,000 years ago the Jewish ‘GC’ (Sanhedrin) said, ‘We have a policy, and by our policy this man must die because He claims to be the Son of God.’ So, there was nothing else their ‘Savior’ could do to correct the errors, or ‘sins’, in their policy, which they worshiped, along with themselves, more than they worshiped their Healer. (This is too largely true of the GC since 1888.)

The book of Galatians has often been at the heart of SDA controversies. In his letter to Galatian Christians Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit God, or we SDAs should be classing ‘Galatians’ with the Apocrypha. In describing to the Galatians what would be best regarding those ‘flesh-obsessed’ ‘Judaizing’ ‘christians’ among them who were promoting ‘another’, impure, Old Covenant ‘flesh’-tainted ‘gospel’, the Holy Spirit recommended through Paul that they should castrate themselves and be cursed. Later Paul explained why (around chptr 4).

It turns out that the Holy Spirit is heavily involved with Christ, the Son of God, in that process of transforming the sinner’s heart so that they may become a child of God, the Father. This is ‘Spiritual’ reproduction from sin into life, from error into trustworthy truth, and the ‘flesh’ – DNA protein synthesis and reproduction – has nothing to do with effecting this ‘rebirth’. (Jesus did not die from flesh wounds, but from ‘heart’ wounds in His thinking and feeling mind.) Those who insist that the ‘flesh’ must be involved to any degree in generating re-birth by the Holy Spirit, are effectively ‘castrating’ the Holy Spirit, preventing the regeneration of a ‘clean heart and right Spirit’ in a potential ‘child of God’.

The difference between the Holy Spirit convicting the sinner of sin, and the GC President/Policy doing so, is that the Holy Spirit can actually simultaneously accomplish the needed change of heart, of motive, toward God, instead of driving the sinner away from God. In the ‘Old Covenant’ theatrical school, no ‘flesh’ was allowed to touch the ‘ark’ of God’s Gospel promise, and no ‘wife’, no ‘church’, was allowed to threaten even the the genitals of her struggling husband’s adversary. The ‘punishment’ for doing so matches the strange recommendation of Jesus to ‘cut off right hands’ and ‘pluck out right eyes’ that offend. (Compare Deuteronomy 25:11-12, and Matthew 5:27-30.)

The SDA church is Christ’s ‘wife’, NOT the GC’s or Ted’s ‘wife’. The GC and Ted are a part of the ‘wife’ of Christ, and the battle against sin has been successfully fought and won by Him alone. If ordained SDA male-only ministers refuse to preach the true Spiritual Gospel – if they refuse to stop ‘castrating’ the Holy Spirit by obsessing on weak ‘flesh’ – perhaps the flesh-obsessed GC should adopt castration as a ‘fleshy’ solution. If the ‘flesh’-obsessed GC and Ted refuse to step out of a battle that Christ has already won and allow His righteous, Spiritual ‘eye’ and ‘right hand’ to continue to win and protect Spiritual ‘wives’ for Himself, then perhaps we should consider ‘amputation’ of the few, for the greater good. . . OR, we can continue to say ‘amen’ as they continue to curse, castrate, cut off and crucify God.

4 Likes

SDA members are fanatic. worldly and ignorant on bible.
Conduct a poll of your members and see what % have ever read even the whole New Testament (1/4 of the bible) through ONCE in their life.

Heb 6:1 states that the beginning of the basics of salvation is…repentance from dead works…not accept Jesus as your substitute and join the church.

The SDA denomination has become worse as a cult by its theological verbal abuse.

SDA are called lukewarm, poor blind, naked Laodiceans. All of their righteousness is always just filthy rags & no member can ever stop sinning…just make sure to keep in mind 1 JN 1:9 and confess every millisecond.

Those who cry “You are attacking the church” = institutional idolaters who are more loyal to a religious club than to Jesus & the truth.

"Enfeebled and defective, needing constantly to be warned and counseled, the church is nevertheless the object of Christ’s supreme regard." 7 T 16

By the way

Hey Jerry Page, your ministerial secretaries & pastors = inept

1 Like