Remembering Robin Vandermolen

Dr. Robin Vandermolen, anesthesiologist, father, philanthropist, world traveler, art and music lover, and grand friend to many passed away on Sunday, September 19, in Maui.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/11426
6 Likes

He was a light. He was a blessing. Memories of his pluck, kindness, and curiosity will continue to guide my life.

4 Likes

I never met Robin personally, but I have read several of his posts here and I can tell he was a gem, a true Christian, an inspirational figure. I will miss him here, but I look forward to the day when we all will see Jesus. My condolences to His family.

6 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear of Robin’s passing. Only knowing him from interactions on the Spectrum boards, he struck me as a kind, generous, interesting and very authentic person. After one of my comments, he said that he would love to extend an invitation to me to stay in one of his homes. I could sense his graciousness, and knew he absolutely meant it. His spirit will be remembered by many.

5 Likes

Quite a Spectrumite Gentleman! May he Rest in Peace, till the Sound of the Last Trumpet!

https://www.facebook.com/robin.vandermolen.9

6 Likes

I have never met RV formally but have crossed paths with him in past Spectrum conferences. Truly a special individual who knew what commitment was. Totally dedicated to the SDA movement even when the current church leadership did not see eye to eye with him on certain issues. I always enjoyed his posts.

Robin, may your tribe grow…

6 Likes

Robin was a steadfast supporter of the LGBT community and for Women’s Rights in the SDA church. I will always remember (and appreciate) him for saying what he felt needed to be said and standing ground in his convictions. His commitment to Christianity was also steady and firm.

Condolences to all of his family and friends…I know that we will see him healthy and whole in another world.

6 Likes

For many years we exchanged messages here on Spectrum. He was always open-minded and straightforward. I enjoyed his friendship though we never met in person. He was a good person.
RIP Robin!

6 Likes

Thanks Mel for such a splendid picture.

5 Likes

Dr Vandermolen was a gentleman. I only met him once, at a Spectrum conference in the DC area, but he impressed me with his kindness and openness. His comments on Spectrum were always enjoyed reading for me.

5 Likes

Dr. Vandermolen’s generosity to Spectrum and its projects is much appreciated. I was interested to hear more about his life, career, homes, and interests, especially his support for music, literature, and the arts.

Although we did not see eye-to-eye on American politics, we did share strong support for ordaining women in the church.

I pray for comfort and peace for his family, children, and friends.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.