Responses from Church Entities to GC’s Compliance Attempts and Timeline of Key Events

(Elmer Cupino) #22

Jeremy, I am so pleased you have finally come to understand what we have been pounding fior years since the SA vote. The only way TW can get legitimacy is to change the GC WP, then enforce it. No alternatives. Anything less is bogus. This is how business is transacted. Why make rules then ignore them?

An Alternative Solution to the General Conference Unity Oversight Committee Document
(Website Editor) #23

@europeanadventist, thanks for this information, we’ll look into it. If you have a link to their petition, that would be helpful.

-WebEd

(Sirje) #24

When will the Adventist attitude toward Scripture show some humility… How does anybody, qualify to “answer questions and concerns” about the second coming of Jesus… Might it not be better to focus on deeper study of the scriptures. The add sounds like we have the subject “in the bag” - just ask us, we’ll tell you all about it.

C.S. Lewis records a discussion in one of his books (The Great Divorce), a discussion between God’s spirit and an artist who has lost his way:

• Spirit: …you loved paint only as a means of telling about light";

• Answer: Oh, that’s ages ago. One grows out of that. …One becomes more and more interested in paint for its own sake.

• Spirit: One does , indeed… Every poet and musician and artist, but for GRACE, is drawn away from love of the thing he tells, to love of the telling, till, they cannot be interested in God at all but only in what they say about Him. For it doesn’t stop at being interested in paint, you know. They sink lower - become interested in their own personalities and then in nothing but their own reputations.

All earthly organizations, including churches, are in danger of making their message turn in on itself, to become a message about itself. This church spends more time defending itself and its doctrines, procedures and its personnel, than on the Gospel. What would be the reason anyone, looking for the Gospel, as “Good News”, be interested in joining this not-so-merry band?

(Cfowler) #25

Do you think it will be any different from the usual SDA point of view? Surely it still revolves around Sat/Sun. It seems that all of these outreaches are basically the same old stuff…just given a different name and artwork.

(Bill Garber) #26

Articles like this, and especially this article, is why over the years I have been increasing my financial support for Spectrum. This work it at once priceless and costly. Many thanks!

Yes, but with consequences.

(C.B.S.) #28

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=http://ekladata.com/yvPxaDzoQc-0DdYSmBm5fQlN_SU/Dear-fellow-church-members.docx

(Kim Green) #29

All decisions have “consequences”…even if a “decision” is to do nothing. Do you have a point to make?

(Kim Green) #30

Well, yes…but in my opinion, at least Shawn B. can make it more interesting as a speaker. :grin:

So, the “artwork” actually changes??

(Kim Green) #31

They sink lower - become interested in their own personalities and then in nothing but their own reputations.

This pretty much sums it up for too many in administration…“Cult of the Personality” and their “Legacy”.

(Sam Matthews) #32

So long as the church refuses to ordain or even admit into membership LGBTQ people, this conversation is merely academic. Yes ordain women, but if you don’t bring LGBTQ people along with you, you are making it all that much longer until we have our full rights. The church will feel that it has done the full extent of its duties to end discrimination.

So pardon my lukewarm enthusiasm for this project.

(Cfowler) #33

Well, here’s the new picture…

Same song, but not a different verse.

(Johnny Carson) #34

Yes! Generations of young, Adventist artists have earned their way through college dreaming up increasingly more heinous iterations of the beasts as the years pass! It’s become a cottage industry! :open_mouth::rofl:

(Johnny Carson) #35

Please! I can’t believe there actually someone here who believes this… (shudder)

(Kim Green) #36

LOL…I have to say that I have seen some of the current “upgraded” graphics used in some of the SDA ministries and they are the very same ones used by the New Agers and like! This graphic has been used by the “Godless” before. :grin:

(Johnny Carson) #37

I’m with you on that, Sam, but maybe our approach would be different. I suppose Someone could have said, let’s not worry about freeing the slaves until we we have equality for women and LGBT individuals too. I don’t know, it just seems a little short sighted, to me anyhow, to not fight for equality wherever the current battle lines are drawn whilst vowing to never give up the fight while there are still battles to be won?

(Kim Green) #38

“The Beasts Of Revelation” series…too funny. Game of Thrones has no chance next to it!!! :joy:

(Kim Green) #39

Hey…I have heard him speak in person and he was the best speaker from the former Adventist Media Center of days of yore. Believe me, it certainly wasn’t Mark Findley! :roll_eyes:

(Johnny Carson) #40

At one point, quite a few years back, he was considering giving up the evangelism circuit in order to go back into pastoral ministry. He interviewed with the church we were attending at the time but ultimately, and thankfully, chose to remain employed as he was.

(Kim Green) #41

I see…I remember when that was. I think that there was some stressors and health issues as compounding that decision.