Road to the GC (Part 1) — Adventist Voices

This week we kick off a new series focused on the next General Conference Session. My guests are Bonnie Dwyer, editor of Spectrum, and Raymond Dabrowski, longtime director of communication for the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and the current director of communication for the Rocky Mountain Conference.

In this rambling conversation focusing on media at the GC Session, Ray shares his insider perspective managing church messaging and Bonnie discusses what she finds important for reporting the news.

Listen to this Adventist Voices podcast episode on iTunes, Stitcher, and Simplecast, or below.

We hope you enjoyed this episode of Adventist Voices! Remember to subscribe on iTunes!

Alexander Carpenter is a board member of Adventist Forum, the organization that publishes Spectrum.

Image credit: SpectrumMagazine.org

We invite you to join our community through conversation by commenting below. We ask that you engage in courteous and respectful discourse. You can view our full commenting policy by clicking here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/9754

As I understand it less than 7% of the delegates at the 2015 GC session were younger than 40 years old.
If this is true, the church must immediately make an adjustment to increase the input from our younger members!
My two children, both around 40 years old at the time, attended the 2015 session.They left with some very negative impressions due to some behavior at the GC. Thank God they continue to be active members in the church. However, it seems that many young people have left the church due to the 2015 session.

Here’s a link to the infographics Jared Wright did for Spectrum about GC Session 2015 delegate demographics vs. Adventist Church membership: https://spectrummagazine.org/article/2015/06/04/infographics-full-breakdown-general-conference-delegates-division-gender-and-age

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.