“Room for Everyone”: Swedish Union Issues Statement about LGBT+ Individuals

(Bryan Ness) #141

And then there’s this, Robin, just the latest research on coffee. Not sure, based on the dozens of studies done up to this point how much coffee is “safe,” although under 6 cups a day is probably no problem at all. This study says the limit is a lot higher: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/new-study-shows-coffee-even-25-cups-day-isnt-bad-for-heart-180972336/

At the very least it is safe to say at this point that coffee drinking is a minor component of health, either positive or negative, and that it is ,more likely to have positive effects in most people. So I say to all my SDA friends, let’s enjoy our coffee and quit arguing. :wink:

(Bryan Ness) #142

I so wish this message would sink in to our membership at large. Gays are as normal in their sexual response as any heterosexual, they are just triggered by different stimuli. Get over it people. Thank you for attempting to normalize same-sex attraction, as it should be.

Science wins! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

(Michael Wortman) #144

Interesting. Does it throw a spanner in the works?:wink:

It’s not just coffee, Michael, according to this article:

"No one in my Jewish family would ever purchase a Volkswagen, a company founded around Hitler’s idea that the average German citizen should be able to afford a car."

And also in the same portfolio: "JAB’s large portfolio also includes Stumptown, Intelligentsia, Keurig, and other coffee companies, along with Panera, Dr. Pepper, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Krispy Kreme, Insomnia Cookies, and many more."

(Gerald McDonald) #146

No one should be excluded from the church. All should be welcomed. But as far as becoming or remaining on the books of church, as members in good standing, that is dependent upon how each of us live our lives.
Is jealousy as sin. And so is anger. Even over eating. And these should not be overlooked. We all need to be made aware of the dangers that these sins impose. But those which are told us in God’s commandments or which are clearly stated as abominations, like lying and homosexuality. If they are entertained, then that person needs to be warned that they are in danger of being lost. They should be shown what the Bible says should happen to those who refuse to let go of their sins.
But they should never be rejected if they continue to want to worship God.

(Gerald McDonald) #147

No we should not ask. These are unknown sins and they are between God and the individual. The reason that the person continues to cherish their unknown sins, is their alone. They are usually fighting and struggling to surrender those sins, and their lives to Christ. And we all have those hidden sins. But when they become known the Church need to show that sin is not the norm in God’s Church. And if that person does not want to change their lives there is an action that is required by God, so that the world will see that sin has its consequences. And the final consequence, is eternal death. This is what God is trying to keep from happening.

(George Tichy) #150

Harrpa, this is astonishing!!!
You asked some fundamental questions on the issue being discussed and @Butch_Jones just considers them irrelevant? Maybe he does not know much about this matter, and can’t actually understand some terms you used. What else could make him consider them “not relevant” to his point???

Your questions are not only relevant, they are indeed crucial!

(George Tichy) #151

Drink BRAZILIAN Coffee. There are no Nazis behind it! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

(David) #157

Thanks, for the info Robin. Just poured me another cup!

I think she was marching to the drums of the 19th century. I seem to recall a statement she made about phrenology too. Much of her advice is dated (or outdated).

Wine and coffee are more tasteful subjects.

I’ve already voiced my opinion on the issue of gay sex. It isn’t condoned by the bible.

And there’s no sense in beating that dead horse any longer. Suffice it to say I find the whole subject extremely distasteful (and that’s putting it mildly).

(Elmer Cupino) #158

I believe you have gone overboard and have created “sins” even God cannot refrain from. For instance:

Ex 20:5 “You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me.”

Mark 3:5 “Then he said to them, “Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the sabbath, to save life or to kill?” But they were silent. He looked around at them with anger;”

Overeating? Can you give a bible text to support this?

I believe you have this inverted and should read “God’s Word that is not backed up by science is not true God’s Word” and should not be interpreted literally is what the great rabbis teach. Otherwise you have entered the world of Disney where magic and fantasy have become the reality.

(Elmer Cupino) #159

Let me push the envelop…

In a study of women with congenital adrenal hyperplasia most were found to be heterosexual but the rates of homosexuality and bisexuality were also found to be higher than the controls. The study concluded support for a sexual-differentiation perspective involving prenatal androgens on the development of sexual orientation.

How would you propose our church leaders and movers approach this population? My suggestion is to have the church fund genetic testing for all its members to determine who has this disorder so they may be dropped from church membership to assure that the church remains pure and perfect :wink:

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/919218-overview#a4

(George Tichy) #160

I believe that, considering your distastefulness of the subject, it’s very good for you to talk about it. It may be painful for you, but the more you talk the more relief about it you feel.

Now, tell me, what exactly is distasteful talking about the gay topic? What part of it bothers you?

(George Tichy) #161

Agree! The problem is usually that science may not back up what individuals think the Word of God is. That’s why they have a problem with. They interpret Scripture their way, often creating fantasies and even delusions; and then when science debunks THEIR views of the Word of God, they feel defeated in their cultic intentions and illusions. And in an effort to redirect their frustration, anger, and guilt they scream, “Shame on Science!”

Maybe it’s nothing but an EGO issue… :thinking:

Man…, Elmer, you pushed the envelope really hard!

(Caddy) #162

I’m hearing you, Butch. We have a choice. There are things we must overcome and God reasons with us and provides a way. Putting our minds on something else.

Having lived a promiscuis and godless life; Sex, drugs and rock and roll I had to learn to put my focus on other things when my mind would conjure up thoughts of habit.

These were a great help:

Job 31:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

2 For what portion of God is there from above? and what inheritance of the Almighty from on high?

3 Is not destruction to the wicked? and a strange punishment to the workers of iniquity?

4 Doth not he see my ways, and count all my steps?

Harnessing the Mind. --All are free moral agents, and as such they must bring their thoughts to run in the right channel. Here is a wide field in which the mind can safely range. If Satan seeks to divert the mind to low and sensual things, bring it back again and place it on eternal things; and when the Lord sees the determined effort made to retain only pure thoughts, He will attract the mind, like the magnet, purify the thoughts, and enable them to cleanse themselves from every secret sin. “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5). Mind, Character and personality Vol 2 Pg. 595. OHC Pg. 331

The first work of those who would reform is to purify the imagination. If the mind is led out in a vicious direction, it must be restrained to dwell only upon pure and elevated subjects. When tempted to yield to a corrupt imagination, then flee to the throne of grace and pray for strength from Heaven. In the strength of God the imagination can be disciplined to dwell upon things which are pure and heavenly.–Und MS 93.

This is when I started to put scripture to memory in order to distract myself from entertaining old habits. God does make a way in the wilderness.

(Elmer Cupino) #163

Shall we operationalize “entertain” to include thoughts that should not exceed three seconds?”

I enjoy going to the beach. As a matter of fact, even as we speak I am Virginia Beach looking out my balcony looking out at the people in the beach while watching the Fox News which is known to have gorgeous, good looking female newscasters who are nothing short of being “fair and balanced.” Life is fun and I’ve been married 50 years to my wife and “going strong.” I feel blessed.

(Steve Mga) #164

Isn’t there a DIFFERENCE between Admiring the Human Body,
and Desiring the Human Body for a TOY [as in King David]?

(Elmer Cupino) #165

A healthy, viable and strong “Vas Deferens” with it’s appropriate defense mechanisms. Art depends upon the beholder.

(Steve Mga) #166

AHHH! Yes!
Think of all the great paintings in museums.
Reubens. Rembrandt. Religious paintings of Adam and Eve.
The different Greek and Roman gods in various activities.
The goddess of the sea standing on the giant sea shell.
The Dutch lady standing in front of the window with the “pearl earring”.
Much of these are admiration, not lustful.
Naked Jesus on the crucifix.
Naked baby Jesus on Mary’s lap. [Running around outside would be OK,]
BUT on one’s lap [!!!]] LOL!
Then we have full size marble statutes of humans.

(Maria V. Blair) #167

I checked the link you send and it was very informartive. Thank you. Blessings

Maria