I just opened by San Diego Adventist Forum newsletter and this was the good news. It looks like a promising conversation on some very present truth.
Creation Care and Global Sustainability: Ethics for a Small Planet
- historical and philosophical background to the sustainability concept
- involvement of Adventism in the discussion
- the implications of involvement for the church and for the individual member
- how Adventism's involvement differs from that of other, contemporary religious organizations
- apparent contradiction between advocating a "soon return of Jesus" and hence a short earth future AND now focusing on ways to protect the earth (and the universe) from self-destruction
"Sessions begin following supper Friday; conclude Sabbath afternoon. Vespers and entertainment will follow. A leisurely breakfast Sunday will conclude the weekend."
If you're interested in attending, email Jim Kaatz at: ak-jk[at]cox.net
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/383