On Thursday, November 15, the executive committee of the Pacific Union Conference unanimously approved the ordination requests for seven more women. According to its press release this brings the number of ordained women in the Pacific Union Conference to 21.
Women ministers approved for ordination this week:
1. Yamileth (Yami) Bazan, vice-president for student life, La Sierra University.
2. Cherise Gardner, Southern Calif. Conf., family ministries pastor, Glendale City church.
3. Myriam Salcedo-Gonzalez, SCC, pastor, All Nations church, Monrovia, Calif.
4. Ginger Hanks-Harwood, associate professor of religious and theological studies, H.M.S. Richards School of Divinity, La Sierra University.
5. Courtney Ray, SCC, associate pastor, Tamarind Avenue church, Compton, Calif.
6. Kendra Haloviak Valentine, associate professor of New Testament studies, H.M.S Richards School of Divinity, La Sierra University
7. Janet White, SCC, associate pastor, Simi Valley church, Calif.
Congratulations to several Spectrum friends on this list!
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/4878