Speaking Out Against Last Generation Theology

Where did you ever hear of this? Certainly not the Bible or SOP. You are professing that God removes free will from those sealed. That my friend is false doctrine. You can believe that, yet you can’t believe that God can overcome sin in those who are living in the final moments of Earth’s history?

Certainly we do. Those in heaven will have seen the horrendous nature of sin and would never opt to rebel again. That is the point of probation now… to bear witness to heavenly beings that humans are fit to be in heaven and that rebellion will never arise again. SOP is clear on this.

(Phillip Brantley) #305

It is part of Seventh-day Adventist folklore that there is no theoretical possibility that the saints could ever exercise a decision to sin in heaven or the New Earth. But if you wish to challenge this conventional understanding, good luck with that.

You have in one paragraph eliminated freewill from Gods beings. With that being the case, why didn’t he just create robots years back? Sure would have saved a lot of problems… Lucifer never would have sinned and we would all be in a utopian robotic paradise.

You base your theology on lore? How about on the Bible or SOP?

(Phillip Brantley) #307

And in one paragraph you have announced that God does not ever completely conquer sin, that there is the theoretical possibility that sin can rear its ugly head in heaven or the New Earth as a result of someone’s unfettered exercise of free will.

I challenge you to share both of our ideas with any SDA theologian and see who they agree with.

(Cfowler) #309

I think this teaching/belief is strictly for the remnant/144,000. Not for the regular SDA members. Most certainly not for the Christian faith…that dog won’t hunt among any Christians, or Christian groups that I have ever heard of.

(le vieux) #310

It seems that some can dish it out, but can’t take it. :smirk:

(Cfowler) #311

Would you bullet point the LGT belief? Then we will have a clear understanding of what you are preaching. Then we will know for certain what you are talking about.
Let’s just get the cards on the table…I’m interested in your view.

(Darrel Lindensmith) #312

This is LGT:

"Those only who through faith in Christ obey all of God's commandments will reach the condition of sinlessness in which Adam lived before his transgression." 
"Everyone who surrenders fully to God is given the privilege of living without sin." 
"We need not retain one sinful propensity." 
"Christ died to make it possible for you to cease to sin." 
"To be redeemed means to cease from sin." 

"…Those who are living on the earth when the intercession of Christ shall cease in the sanctuary above are to stand in the sight of a holy God without a mediator. Their robes must be spotless, their characters must be purified from sin by the blood of sprinkling. Through the grace of God and their own diligent effort they must be conquerors in the battle with evil…"
Ellen White, SDA Commentary, Vol. VI, p. 1118. Review and Herald, Sept. 27, 1906. SDA Commentary, Vol. V, p.1128; ibid, Vol 7, p. 943. Review and Herald, Aug. 28, 1894. Review and Herald, Sept. 25, 1900. The Great Controversy, p. 425

(le vieux) #314

Some of these folks are living in a fantasy world. Most Adventists I know believe in LGT. The term “heresy “ has been employed quite a bit lately. Apparently only certain beliefs can be categorized as heresies. Some of us have been reprimanded by the mods for using the term. But I’m sure there’s no double standard. :unamused:

(le vieux) #315

Those who don’t believe that have rejected not only the SOP, but Scripture as well.

(Cfowler) #316

Well, that’s pretty much what I thought it was about.

Do you believe this, Darrell?

Does cynicism run in all of your veins? Is it possible to have a conversation without the snide comments? @blc

(George Tichy) #318

For people who pursue those kinds of “truths” the rule is, "the more the better."
I mean, if they can construe a religious system that is way different from what is currently established, and persuade people that “different is better/superior,” then they will feel successful.

The more they teach biased ideas and the more followers they get, the more in…CONTROL… they feel. What are cults based on? Control!!! Nobody is allowed to think by themselves, this is why they are called "followers."
Ah…, the magic word again, uh? Yes, CONTROL.,

Yes! That’s what Kevin @kevindpaulson feels when he persuades someone to think like him, to believe what he teaches/believes, and to spread what he teaches. He feels in control.

It’s an attractive feeling. Look how well Tony @historic appears to feel when he comes up with a SURVEY, in which he can make others do what he wants. Just analyze the
verbiage in that “survey call.” It’s all there. No wonder he gets frustrated with people who refuse to fall for the bait!
@elmer_cupino

You still amuse me. What bait? To see if you actually know what you’re talking about? Apparently you don’t, as you refuse to answer a simple question.

You are all experts on what LGT teaches, but not one can answer my question in a few simple bullet points in your own words. Just like the rest of the evangelical world, “Jus cuz Brother Bob said it makes it so!” No real study of doctrine, only regurgitation of previously chewed, agenda drive mish-mash.

(George Tichy) #320

Tony, there is no cynicism in what Peter said/asked. Are you trying to derail a serious question just because there is no answer for it on the part of the LGTarians?

If the remedy is good and efficient, how come none of the sick people gets cured?
LGT preaches perfectionism.
Where are the perfect people, the result of LGT?
None? … So, what is the LGT good for again?..

(George Tichy) #321

Tony,
For how long have you been an Adventist?

Like nailing jello to a wall.

3rd generation…

Lifelong for 56 yrs.

(Claude Lombart) #324

Is it possible that EGW’s personal longing was to see a perfectly purified, sinless church that would be the catalyst for the parousia rather than a clear biblical mandate and unequivocal pre-requisite to that effect. If someone can find me a text or two for the latter that would be great otherwise one would have to go with the former proposition or pre-supposition.