Ted N. C. Wilson Reelected to Third Term as GC President

Hi Tom, good hearing from you again. I am doing well, now fully retired since Jan 2021. Well, there goes the Adventist Church with more of the same. Since I am already saturated with all trhat nonsense, it’s time to just go into ostracism… :wink: :wink: Be well!

2 Likes

The only apparent difference between you and me is that I still know where my membership is. They can do with it whatever they want, it has absolutely no meaning to me. The one last thing I want from this Church is … distance!!!

1 Like

Yes, they cast lots, but only AFTER election. The community of believers had elected two persons (the best of those who fitted the criteria), and then the lots were cast between the two. The method was excellent, to avoid any suspicion of human arrangement.

MOURNING
TRAUER
LUTO
SMUTEK
DEUIL
ТРАУР
ŻAŁOBA
MUNGKOT
ROUWEN
SORG

喪に服している (Japanese, “Mo ni uku shite uru”)

I am indeed sorry for the Adventist people.

Hmmm…, the Japanese appear rto have some special intuition about the situation! … 🤭😂🤣

My thoughts exactly. I haven’t left yet…I do know where my membership is held, even though I have not darkened the door in several years. But like you, I am finding that it really does not matter so much anymore. And as you say, once we eliminate ‘mistaken beliefs and the pioneers getting it all wrong’, there’s really not much left that is unique to our denomination.

4 Likes

See, George Tichy, I just also feel responsible for the members of my little church. No, I never have quoted EGW, neither in Sabbath School nor from the pulpit. (having had quite six sermons the year)
No, being asked I had displayed my vision o the Sanctuary Jesus had entered - yes, into the Most Holy ! - with his ascension - -
No, I do not bother about the cleavages or the colored nails of their toes in summer, when the young mothers come for worship - (once upon an time thy would have had a curch discipline !.) and they have a very joyful potluck every Sabbath in the garden of the church - and I see the number of toddlers crawling around and I try not to imagine their future - in a cahnging and ending world and in their families and in the environemnt they will have to face - - and in their (?) church - -

2 Likes

If I ever desire to go to a physical church again, it will certainly be the Baptist Church, or any other for the matter. Enough of being fooled and duped by this SDA Cult and it’s deceit.

I don’t get it, with all the information now available about EGW’s visions being a fraud, the plagiarism, and so many ugly things pertaining to the SDA history (see astonishing documentation inSteve Daily’s latest book), how can anyone still pay any tribute to this Denomination??? DISTANCE is the only safe way.

3 Likes

But, but… what about the truth?

3 Likes

Thks for you comment George. Ifeel that the Adventist church has left me, not vice versa. We’re are in the 21st century, not the 19th. By the time this quinquenium finishes he will have been in office for 17 years and the remainder of the church will be fossilised. Sadly i don’t think it will include me.

4 Likes

Blatant power grab. It’s like voting for President in a dictatorship. There’s one person on the ballot, put on the ballot by his cronies. How likely do you think it is that he’ll lose?

4 Likes

7 Likes

Those people don’t care about any “truth” so why should I?
Besides, if their “truth” leads to what has happened in the SDAC, please protect me from that kind of so-called “truth” …

2 Likes

Yes, also reading runes. Both obviously ways to figure out what Yahweh wants.

1 Like

Well George…I’m not so sure about the Baptists!! They’ve had a few unpleasant revelations of their own lately. But you’re right…I guess what we’re seeing (if the 74% who voted for TW could be fairly said to represent the church at large) are folks driven by the unwillingness to take off their blinders…their identity is so enmeshed in their association with and membership in the SDA denomination, they cannot conceive of anything different from that…truth aside!! That is their truth.

2 Likes

Hey Tim, please send me your email address, if you will, to drtichy@gmail.com
I will shortly be gone from this site, but want to keep you on my list of heretics. LOL.

3 Likes

39??? You’re kidding, right??? My 52 year old son looks a lot younger than Ted Wilson.

4 Likes

It feels right, Jeremy? Seriously? Granted, there is no judging of taste, but you are always the thoughtful one. As you say, this would have been the natural moment for a change. Way past time for a change. Now we will have three more years of reflexive polarization and ideas that are threadbare.

8 Likes

Shhhh, let me think that I’m still a college-age looking hunky dude!

(Oh fine, I was never a hunky dude.)

1 Like

i do think it feels right in a way, even though i also think that now would have been a good time for a change…but i should say that i haven’t had real problems with TW…my only real misgiving has been San Antonio, and everything leading into and out of it - granted, this has been a big chunk of the past few yrs…but even this can be viewed more in terms of his wanting to respect delegate votes - especially african delegate votes, in view of what disrespecting their votes looks like - than any real vendetta against WO, which i’ve never heard him express (in fact i heard him say he’d respect whichever way delegates voted at San Antonio)…i have appreciated TW’s adherence to traditional adventism, especially his belief in the inspiration of the bible and egw, and i do expect that this will continue…i admire and respect what i perceive is his personal discipline and sense of duty and responsibility…

what i don’t expect to continue is TW’s perceived war against WO…my hunch, which i sincerely hope pans out, is that we’ll be pleasantly surprised to see that all of this is now in past…i think the pandemic has been an opportunity for all, including TW, to do serious, comprehensive reflecting…and in a way, it’s good that he’ll have an opportunity to bring us all together before retiring in 2025…

And at a later time in our past, many groups and clubs “cast down” black or white marbles, rejecting or accepting a nominee for inclusion into the group. In some groups, one black ball would keep a nominee out.