Thankful for a La Sierra Kindness

I share with you the story of a businessman from southern Colorado, who long before he was a business success, a husband, and a father, was selected by Christ to draw a crucial line in the picture of my life. In all gratitude, I must acknowledge what this friend did for me.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://spectrummagazine.org/node/12097
5 Likes

Thank you for this touching tribute. I feel like you have wrapped us in a cloud and lifted us up to the heavens. Thank you again for enriching our Thanksgiving Day celebration.

7 Likes

Beautifully told. And a reminder of the many people who have been there for me when I needed it, as well as a reminder of the hope that I’ve been there for at least a few people when they needed it.

4 Likes

My thanksgiving eve blessing!! God-sent.

4 Likes

This article is one huge reason I read Spectrum, why I stay an Adventist, why I keep my friends, why I cling to Jesus: selfless, unadorned love demonstrated by action. In a world of misdirection and calculated talk, nothing else comes even close.

“The kingdom of God lies not in talk but in power” (1 Cor. 4:20, RSV).

Thank you, Kent, for this poignant rendering and resonating reminder.

6 Likes

“When Jesus comes and tells Don what Don did for him, I imagine Don will ask, “When did I do that for you, Jesus?” (See Matthew 25:31-40). I will be one of the answers.”

Kent Hansen…my favorite graduate school professor (at La Sierra, by the way)…you have touched our hearts with your beautiful story…proving once again, that in the most ubiquitous way, the one thing that the sheep and goats have in common in Jesus’ parable, is that neither group will know how they got there!

3 Likes

Thanks, Phil! We have never met, but you have been a real encouragement to me over the years!

Kent

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Linda! You are a friend I cherish!

1 Like

Thank you, Chris. You are an inspiration in so many ways to me and for many years! I agree this is a truly Adventist story!

Kent

1 Like

What an inspiring, uplifting story.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this spirit-filled testimony of God centered kindness. May God continue to bless you.

Ramona L Hyman

1 Like

Nothing? No other group of people even come close to the SDA’s? Maybe I’m misreading what you are conveying with that comment.

Thank you. The experience is a continuing blessing to me and I am glad it blessed you.

2 Likes

Selfless, unadorned love demonstrated by action can be found in all four areas. I didn’t claim exclusivity. It can be found in many other realms as well.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. :slightly_smiling_face:

Such a delightful article. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like