The Adventist Bioethics Consortium (Day 2)

(Nic Samojluk) #25

Cassie,

I was advised by the moderator to use the private messenger method of communication when responding to the same individual, and I thought that I had complied with said request, but I see that my response appeared again in the public forum.

Dear Moderator,

Where is the private messenger device hidden. Sorry, My question mark is not working!

Nic, the old laws have been done away with, it’s now more “in the spirit”. I know that’s a foreign concept here :wink:

(Sam Matthews) #27

I’ve tended toward being pro-life because all deserve an equal chance at life. I’m puzzled by this passage in the article:

• Landless began with an aside to Ted Hamilton, “Those calls that you get once a month, Ted—I get them every day!” He spoke about the anger that is directed his way by church members who do not understand why the Adventist church provides abortions. -

If I’m reading this correctly, I’m obligated to ask Dr. Landless, “Why does the Adventist Church provide abortions?”

This appears to be an absolutely ground breaking admission! After years of saying that it is the hospitals, separate and apart from the church, Landless is admitting that the church itself - the Seventh-day Adventist denomination - provides abortions.

I’ve never heard of another Church that provides abortions of any faith. Here they are talking about the church itself - part of this “body of believers” as some may call it.

As a tithe-paying member of the “remnant church” which is apparently very pro-women when it comes to the right to choose and equally dismissive of the LGBTQ community, to know what exactly is going on and why. Some transparency is in order.

You might ask @nic1 as he probably has covered that area. Also search youtube for Prolife Andrew. He has some insight on the issue as well.

BEWARE OF GREEKS BEARING GIFTS THAT LEAVE CHILDREN DEAD AND ADVENTISM WITH NO ESCHATOLOGY!

Thank you Nic and Andrew. God bless you forever! :heart: :hugs:

Andrew, I stayed up and finished Melanie’s book about you, Amazon.com: CONVICTED, last night. Amazing story! :hugs:

@sdaequalitynow1

GOD HELP THE ADVENTISTS!

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts that leave children dead and Adventism with no eschatology…

Cassandra of Perelandra

(Sam Matthews) #30

Wow! Has any of this been factually refuted?

@nic1 little help on
man is 6
killing the least of 6
against the law of 6

Seems Adventists would be the most sensitive to this as self-crowned keepers of the law?

(Sam Matthews) #32

Until today I thought the church was neutral on abortion. But Landless says the church “does” abortions through its hospitals. No other church “performs” abortions! That’s not neutral. It is as pro-abortion as it is possible to be! Why aren’t the members in an uproar? This is shocking!

You are witnessing the fall of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It’s over. May God forgive them.

It’s time for me to go.

Cassandra of Perelandra

We need an Absolute Compass now more than ever before. . . .

We lost our bearings
Following our own mind
We left conviction behind
Fear of the future
Springing from sins of the past
Hiding the hope that would last
How did we ever wander so
Far and where do we go from here?
How will we how where it is?

True North
There’s a strong steady light
That is guiding us home
True North
In the lingering night we
Were never alone
True North

We need an absolute
Compass now more
Than ever before
True north, True north

Wonders of nature speak
To us all of Your plan
Why would we run from Your hand?
Laws of the earth, just like
The laws of the heart
Only begin where You are
How did we ever wander
So far and where do we
Go from here?
How will we find it again?

Turning back to where
You meet us
We will follow where
You lead us
There is Truth inside
Your dwelling
We have come to face

True North
There’s a strong steady light
That is guiding us home
True North
In the lingering night we
Were never alone
True North

We need an absolute
Compass now more
Than ever before
True north, True north

Richard Rice Discusses “Re-imagining God: Peril or Promise?”
Why We Will Aways Have Segregated Conferences
(Nic Samojluk) #36

Yes, I was made aware of this terrible typo by another blogger. Sorry, I meant 2011.

Is there ever a line drawn as to your keeping membership in a religious group that condones such activity? Andrew titles his posts with “the remnant is pro-life”. I remind him how if that’s the case why he is still a member of this church? IOW, where’s your red line?

(Nic Samojluk) #38

Because Andrew is convinced that Ellen White’s prediction will come true; that the church will repent, the power of the Holy Spirit will do its work, and the Lord will come to gather his people.

Sure it would. Much negative history especially now as can be verified in seconds.

As opposed to the cross and resurrection, “It Is Finished” being enough?

Bible verses in context?

They don’t allow abortions, Adventists do. How do you define “least of these”?

Do you have the same conviction?

(Nic Samojluk) #44

It could happen that way. God can surprise us. His power has no limit, but we could end by rejecting God and his plan for us as it happened with God’s original plan for the nation of Israel that ended crucifying the Son of God.

“The Great Controversy” Shackles Adventist Theology
(Nic Samojluk) #45

Cassie, you wrote: nic1

“Hope you don’t mind my using your slides, Nic!”

Most of those slides are not mine. I borrowed them from Google.

(Nic Samojluk) #46

Cassie, thanks for sharing this experience with us. It reminds me the first time I went fishing with some friends when I was probably six or seven. I felt terribly sick when I realized that the fish my friend caught wanted to live. I never went fishing again.

And to think that that was just a fish–not a human being.

(Nic Samojluk) #49

No one knows how this will end, except God. Nevertheless, we know how this ended in Germany when Hitler was in power. The church compromised both over the Sabbath issue and the Adventist participation in killing enemies during the war.

The same can almost be said about what took place in Rwanda. The Adventists did participate in the killing of innocent human beings including in the killing of fellow Adventist members.

But, according to some reports, Adventists engaged in murder during the week, but not on the holy hours of the Sabbath.

Why would we Adventists have a problem with cooperating with God’s enemies in the future if we are cooperating with God’s enemies in the genocide of the preborn today?

(Nic Samojluk) #52

And the greater crime of the two is?

(Nic Samojluk) #56

God’s View of Sin

“God does not regard all sins as of equal magnitude; there are degrees of guilt in His estimation, as well as in that of man; but however trifling this or that wrong act may seem in the eyes of men, no sin is small in the sight of God.” [Ellen White]