The Danger of Dobbs

I (almost) NEVER use “proof texts” and clearly this one doesn’t prove anything either:

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

So no.

There isn’t a memory verse in the Bible that makes me think that EGW is to prophets as a Flat-Earther is to scientists.

It’s an intuition that brings me such a conclusion, which gut reaction is substantiated by her self-incriminating “Testimonies”, numerous failed prophecies and the institutionalized sycophantism of her estate.

1 Like

I heavily oppose the "proof text method " the method I cherished as a teen, with one tetxt for this and another fo that uneasy question - But I just ask what the whole text I quote and I have found quoted in sermons - could mean - - also ii the historical context !! - - and what I can learn out of it - - in my context - - - -

• and I also have read Goethes tragedy “Faust” - all the first part. Quoting : Well, some verses on the genesis of evil - - but seeing the whole context (" - Ich bin ein Teil des Teils, der einmal alles war, eh* sich die Finsternis das Licht gebar - -" )
2 Likes

When we were children we spoke as children, right?

:wink:

2 Likes

We had someone in the White House for four years that never stopped doing that.

2 Likes

Please, Lindy. Give children more credit than that.

1 Like

Life (not person) begins at conception sources were posted in this reply but after selecting the “Reply” button this is what I get “Sorry, you can’t include links in your posts.” There are so very many sources but evidently Spectrum doesn’t allow sources to be listed? I have seen where others have listed sources so I don’t get it.

I did list two quotes though with hopes that they will be accepted. Again, regarding abortion, the point of killing life is the subject, not how old the life has become. Slippery slopes tend to take crowds down rather quickly and compromise is one slippery slope.

Professor Hymie Gordon, Mayo Clinic: “By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception.”

American College of Pediatricians – March 2017
ABSTRACT: The predominance of human biological research confirms that human life begins at conception—fertilization. At fertilization, the human being emerges as a whole, genetically distinct, individuated zygotic living human organism, a member of the species Homo sapiens, needing only the proper environment in order to grow and develop.

2 Likes

Robert Fulghum claimed he learned everything he needed to know in kindergarten.

I’m a little slower on the uptake, so I didn’t figure out that politics was a lose-lose proposition until I heard Simon and Garfunkel sing “Mrs. Robinson” when I was in 7th or 8th grade.

Then, as a junior at SDA boarding academy, I learned all I needed to know about religion…from John Lennon.

Of, course I didn’t put it all together until about seven years after that but, like I said, I’m a slow learner.

3 Likes

Satan doesn’t need to cause ‘confusion’, we humans are quite capable of doing that. The subject of abortion is normally bound in confusion because of the individuals preconceived belief or philosophy on what life is or when it begins. To flat out call it murder is a very dogmatic statement. Spontaneous abortion by the human body would need to be called murder as well. Miscarriage also, etc, etc. The rate for such is 15-20%. Yes, I know that now comes the equivocation about the use of the phrase ‘abortion is murder’.

1 Like

There I cannot follow the “definition”. Murder is an act of decision to exstinguish a human life.

A sponatneous abortion and a miscarriage for me is the same as a “sudden childdeath” of the born individual. with no intention to destroy a human life ! -

Also read the posting of Alisa Alex, read my posting further above - and maybe study embryology ! - And genetics and epigenetics - -And maybe look in your Bible for “womb”. - - -

“Pagan philosophy” ? “RCC philosophy” ???

And - for Bible believers - remember I Cor 6 : 19 and ( ! ) 20 !

Ahh, but Satan does cause confusion. I just wonder how many people realize how much of it exists in our world? God is our giver of life and Satan is our taker of life. How many do not realize this?

It seems humans were created with an organ called the brain. How we use it, is our choice. It is so easy to blame someone or something, maybe because for the human desire to absolve themselves of responsibility!

1 Like

“sudden child death”, Yes, I can agree, but we have long looked at the women as somehow to be at fault. The same way that women’s character’s are assassinated when they call out rape or sexual harassment.

1 Like

And then 100 years later, after 4 unpleasant years of the War Between the States, Congress and 2/3 of the states were concerned that the states had too much power and autonomy, so they added in the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments which largely shifted the “balance of power” in the federation from the states to the federal order of government.

The 14th amendment has been interpreted to restrain the ability of state legislatures to restrict individual rights.

So does the internet. And there are millions buying into ridiculous things that even a flat earther would probably pass on. We seem too willing to give people a pass when the evidence is overwhelming.

Which are delineated in the first ten amendments; and which were denied consistently for two years, under the guise of a health emergency for some reason.

I wouldn’t be so sure they’re doing that. I think they’re just getting started doing the opposite.

1 Like

Well, the egg and the sperm are both alive before conception, actually. And after they join, they continue to be alive. But a fertilized egg is not a person. It has the potential to become a person, but it is not a person.

The human body isn’t a very good baby-making machine. Most pregnancies are lost naturally:

About 70% - 75% of fertilized eggs are lost in the first 6 weeks: Early embryo mortality in natural human reproduction: What the data say - PMC

After that, another 10% are lost naturally, for various reasons: Survival probability of human conceptions from fertilization to term - PubMed

One significant reason for natural miscarriages is that the fetus is not developing normally. It may have genetic or structural issues, and somehow the body knows and self-aborts. However, sometimes that doesn’t happen and medical intervention is appropriate in order to terminate a doomed pregnancy.

3 Likes

They do. I do it all the time. Not sure what’s going on in your case. You might want to ask the @webEd

2 Likes

I had a link taken down a while back by the webEds. I don’t even remember what it was, or what it was about now. It does happen.