The LGBTQ Experience—Imago Gei

Nah…just quoting the Bible!!

2 Likes

Yet you mock the words of the messenger of God for it is written “Thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.” [Romans 2:1].

Thus those who condemn or criticize others, proclaim themselves guilty, for they do the same things. In condemning others, they are passing sentence upon themselves, and God declares that this sentence is just. He accepts their own verdict against themselves. MB 124.2

Weaponizing the Word and acting as the accuser of the brethren is the very definition of the enemy of souls. Using the same level of thinking in ones daily life is acting as an agent of the enemy of souls.

I didn’t realize quoting Scripture was passing judgment. Sexual immorality is sin is is not? What now are we not to quote the scripture? John 7:24 24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. If someone in the church believes its okay for a man to have sex with another man and the Scripture states Cleary this it is a sin to do so. Are we not to sound the alarm and warn them? Ezekiel 33:6
“But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand.” Are we not watchmen on the wall looking out for our brothers?
Since when is using scripture for “correction” judgment.

Perhaps some may not want to hear the truth and hide behind the accusation of one passing judgment rather than looking inside for the root of the problem and realizing that what the Bible says is true on these matters.

Romans 12:19
“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.”

What we have here, is a failure in comprehension!

:grin:

1 Like

Some contributors, who say they are just quoting what the Bible says about sexual immorality, claiming the “high ground” of this discussion remind me of a joke I once heardl

There was this man wandering around in the dark, when he accidently fell into a well. He needed help from someone who help him get out. After dawn he began hollering for help. Someone who was walking nearby heard him and looked into well. The desperate man felt relieved that someone had come to help him. The guy said he would be right back and help him. A short time later he returned with a book he started reading to the man who fell in the well. It was a list of ways to avoid falling into a well. The desperate man yelled up, “throw me a rope!”

How many times do sanctimonious religious people throw the book at others, when they need a rope?

5 Likes

All are equally in need of His blood…

1 Like

No, not at all. I was just quoting the bible. It was just a random text that came to mind.

A few more came to mind:

Give strong drink to him who is perishing and wine to those who are bitter of heart. Let him drink and forget his poverty and remember no more his misery.

A feast is made for laughter, wine makes life merry, and money is the answer for everything.

When a man sells his daughter as a female slave/concubine, she shall not go out [be freed after 6 years] as the male slaves are. If she does not please her master, who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed [let her family buy her back];

Glad we got that settled.

3 Likes

That sounds rather judgy. Seems the author is judging the judgers for judging.

Yes, I think that the practice of quoting proof texts to prop up an assertion often devolves quickly into abuse through the use of clobber texts - texts that may or may not really support the assertion being made.

It’s probably better to refer to biblical themes or the lessons that the bible stories as a whole tell us. For example, the theme of caring for and accepting the other, the outsider, promoted both in the Jewish bible and the Christian text, where Jesus taught it multiple times.

4 Likes

This is probably one of the best rebuttals to those who weaponize the Bible saying that they are just quoting it:

1 Like

I have an idea! I’m going to start cherry-picking the verses I like that support what I think is correct (and ignore whatever is inconvenient). Why not, given that the Ignorant Tightass Club club does it all the time! Tit for tat.

Here my first bible instruction for the day:

A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes life merry, and money is the answer for everything.

Amen! I guess I gotta go make some money and buy some wine.

2 Likes

Oh dear, do not over indulge. You need to come to make sure don’t go to excess. Of course you need to pay for my wine. I like Merlot.

2 Likes

Verse of the day:

The giants were on the earth on those days, and also after that, because/after the divine/god-like favored sons of God had sex with the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those children were the mighty men of old, men of great renown/glory.

So, basically, demi-gods: Giants, born from the union of human women and the divine favored sons of God, who hung out on earth and lusted after human women.

I think I found the elusive “biblical definition of marriage” rumored to be somewhere in Genesis! Apparently the divine sons of God thought so.